Mortal Kombat 11

• Ed Boon's baby has been dishing out Fatalities for over 25 years and there's no stopping it, as MK11 punches its way to you on April 23rd. The sequel seems to be refined into a very well-crafted fighting game with great visuals, brutal action and a cool story for the fans. The character roster will consist of 25 fighters with additional ones on their way later.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_11

There's a huge amount of trailers out there for both character reveals, story and gameplay, of course. Here's one of the most recent ones.

Mortal Kombat 11 – Old Skool Vs. New Skool Trailer | PS4
    Youtube Video

And here's Ed Boon answering Game Informer's questions. What a great guy, really. :)

166 Rapid-Fire Questions With Mortal Kombat 11's Ed Boon
    Youtube Video

• Thanks for the link! I’ve been teetering on this one as I loved X, that interview sent me over the edge to purchase.

• Oh baby, the music! Hype AF!

Mortal Kombat 11 - Official Launch Trailer
    Youtube Video

• MK11 trailers has been on a roll, the last two are so damn good!

• Global Moderator

I loved that rapid fire with Ed Boon. They're always so dumb and good but that one in particularly had a bunch of moments.

• @sentinel-beach So so good.

• Comparison of PS4 vs Switch

0_1555681076620_1555676153101m.jpg

• @el-shmiablo textures look... Bad. But I don't think switch people care all that much.

• @tokyoslim Textures, lighting, shit looks downright last gen. I saw some screens of the game running in handheld mode and it looked like it belonged on the PSP.
    But yeah like you said I don't think Switch people care all that much.

• Considering the hardware I think it looks fine, especially with Ed promising that it runs at 60fps in both docked and handheld.
    Although I do wonder if there will be any frame pacing or screen tearing issues

• @dmcmaster The X-rays and Fatalities will be in 30fps.
    Though considering how low the resolution is in portable mode, I have no doubt they will hit 60 frames during gameplay.

• A cool surprise: the game was only 44,95 € on its release day as I went to check the local stores etc. here. Even had the Shao Kahn code, hah.
    (It was Gigantti, for fellow Finns.)

Currently:
    OpenCritic: Strong, 82 average, 86 % recommend (based on 51 reviews)
    https://opencritic.com/game/7092/mortal-kombat-11

Metacritic: 83 average (PS4) (based on 40 reviews)
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/mortal-kombat-11

• Direct footage from Switch version
    Youtube Video

• Just finished Chapter 4 (of 12) of the story and man, this is some entertaining shit right here. :) You better remember, though, what has happened in 9 and 10 as the story continues right from those happenings. Know who's dead and who's been resurrected as a revenant etc. On which side everyone stands. Add the time shenanigans to the mix and things get real interesting. And just in general it feels like the series' lore is greatly appreciated and utlized here. I really like this, so many character connections and relationships from the past.

• Mostly been playing training mode and Classic tower right now. One thing I do find a bit annoying is that all the combos I knew for MKX for Scorpion and Johnny Cage are practically gone or have to spend time relearning them under the new mechanics.
    Will hop into story once I get home from work tomorrow.

• Finished the story last night. So far, while I think it’s great, there’s something about it not hitting the mark for me. Sometimes the graphics blow me away, the next I feel like it’s a step back from it’s predecessor. I liked the feel and tone better in MKX, from costumes, character select screen etc. the new one is really... static and convoluted? There’s something about characters like sub zero and scorpion just not feeling korrect. The gameplay itself, gonna go out on a limb here and say MKX is a much more approachable game, easier to link kombos and such. It could be just picking up a new title and not knowing it back to front yet, but generally in MKX you could throw out a special attack or some such thing and link something off it without too much hassle, even if you weren’t that great. A lot more staggered action I’m finding with this one, if you don’t know the correct links your just gonna sit there static while your opponent hits the floor and you kinda reset.

Also... Anyone hit the customisation yet? I thought there’d be more of a system like injustice but it kinda falls short for me with having to individually level up gear, and that gear isn’t really impactful/noticeable. Injustice you got to play a completely visually different Batman through customisation, mk11 you only get to change scorpions lower half mask, spear and swords, or noobs buckle clasp on his shadow. Not much! And you can see everything you can unlock already, no mystery.

On the other hand the entire changing up of special moves looks super deep if you want to bury yourself in the game. I’m all over the place with this one, so much to talk about!

TL:DR, I think if I was to try and sum it up, it feels like it took a big page out of injustice and Mortal Kombatified it. I’m probably gonna play this for a long time but it’s not totally what I was expecting.

• Fuck it, I'm taking today off work to play Mortal Kombat all day. I got Time to spare

• I hope theres some sort of major balance patch that reworks the timing and combos feels weird as hell that you can only cancel into special moves on the second hit of a combo

• @dmcmaster yeah I’m finding it really janky. I’m sure once I get into training and learn a bit more it’ll all come together, but it’s not as intuitive. Also noticed fatalities and brutalities don’t unlock once you do them, must have to unlock them from the krypt regardless now.

• Patches coming up.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/bhh961/official_mortal_kombat_11_update/

The biggest thing being:
    "· Reduce AI difficulty · Increased Kurrency rewards in Towers of Time · Thank you gift (500,000 Koins, 500 Hearts, 1,000 Soul Fragments and 1,000 Time Krystals)"