Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

• Do I purchase a copy now, or wait for the one I got from Target to arrive (on December 8th)

• I am pretty damn sure I won't be playing this game for a while but between this and Mandelorian (idk how to spell it), my coworker says his faith in Star Wars is restored. It actually seems pretty fun, even if its not the Star Wars meets Uncharted that we may have had a few years ago, this seems cool in its own right.

I'll probably play this early next year. Glad to see Respawn Entertainment has perfect pedigree.

• @dipset
    Honestly from the short time I've spent with it so far its basically the lovechild of Uncharted and Dark Souls with a Star Wars skin. So not to far off

• @dmcmaster It's funny how if you had said this exact sentence even 5 years ago people would have been doing backflips in excitement, but even now after all the positive reception there is still this apprehension over it being an EA game that I just can't seem to shake.

• @el-shmiablo

Like I said above I can easily see EA monetizing this or a sequel, imagine having to pay a $1 to invade someone's game.

• @el-shmiablo Can't blame them for why. I bought this game for me, and to support Respawn. I don't want to see them die.

• Got to say it's been pretty enjoyable so far, even with some technical issues here and there (especially on that first planet)
    Do hope there is some way to make the light saber stronger, something about it's damage output feels inconsistent so far, along with Cal's dodge the first step feels like it has too little in terms of distance and I-frames.

• Finishing Dathomir (for now) was so far the best moment in the game. Really good stuff, interesting too. The plot offered some powerful moments. And a damn long trip on the planet to get to that point! Detour's an understatement, but sure, it felt really good to reach the goal in the end.

• I'm now finished and overall, I'm quite pleased with it. From exploration to combat and characters to story, FINALLY there is a great Star Wars game in forever. That said, I have two issues:

Tech problems like loading oddities, audio desync, and my game crashed once. The other issue: Spiders. Why do developers put those abominations in games? Had to look over the top of my screen and just wildly smash the attack button for half of Kashyyyk to mitigate my freakouts (which didn't help much).

• Currently playing it and i can say this is easily the best star wars game ever made. respawn did great job.

• Why the hell is cutscenes are unskipable??? seriously.

• @b-cell
    Because there's a story it's trying to tell

• @dmcmaster said in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order:

@b-cell
    Because there's a story it's trying to tell

not every cutscene is worth watching. seriously.

everything is fine except cutscenes cant skip. the story is boring anyways. hate the star wars universe. but previous star wars games were so bad that make this one best.

• @b-cell Yeah unskippable cutscenes are the worst. My least favorite thing about Max Payne 3 by far.

• @el-shmiablo said in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order:

y least favorite thing about Max Payne 3

the thing is. Max payne 3 cutscene are always worth watching. they are badass (except few of them are just tiresome)

• @el-shmiablo I'm not a dev or anything but my understanding is the game is loading the next level in the background while cut scenes play out. If you could skip them I imagine it would just bump you to a loading screen which might be preferable to you.

• @b-cell It's a good thing you've admitted to me elsewhere that you are just trolling these forums, otherwise I might actually take this kind of idiocy seriously.

@TheMarcV To be honest having played the game so many times I am kind of numb to it, but it is still annoying to have to sit through several minutes of shit I've already seen whenever I want to start a new game.

• even though i disliked unskipabble cutscene. im really enjoying it.

its basically this gen POP sands of time in star wars skin.

• Story wise the second half of this game was interesting to me but the bugs really took away my enjoyment of this game.

• @iboshow
    What bugs have you encountered so far?

So far I've encountered two, one small, one big.
    Small one was Cal refusing to grab a ledge until I left the planet. The other was the game not letting me respawn after dying