The PS5 News and Info Thread

• The day has come for Europe as well, and yes indeed, I now have my very own PS5! Super small number of units available at launch here in Finland at least, so I feel very lucky right now. Made my preorder at the local game store in June, I think.

Now let's go! Some Astro fun first and then onto Valhalla, is my plan.

• I got my PS4 in April 2014, so pretty early on, but didn’t have any issues with the system. However, the R2 button on my DS4 took a complete nosedive after a month. I sent to back to Sony but it’s impossible to NOT play your brand new PS4 so I ended up buying another DS4 in-store while my other one gets repaired. Then between Sony and Purolator, it took me like 2 months of heck to get my DS4 back.

Not sure which is worse, a bricked console or the anguish of dealing with Sony and Purolator to fix it.

• @dipset I will take Canada Post over couriers any day. They may take longer but at least if I'm not home, they will drop it off at the nearest pickup spot and NOT attempt delivery 3 more times at the same time of day before leaving it at their remote warehouse to pick up. Or tell me it's arriving tomorrow so I work from home only for them to not come or to say they came when they didn't. My god I hate couriers so much.

• @e_zed_eh_intern

Problem I'm going through right now with FedEx after I bought those fancy Uniqlo facemasks with the 3 layers. It's been 2.5 weeks, they "attempted delivery" (I was home all day) and it's sat at a warehouse lord knows where for a week now. Customer service won't pick up.

• @dipset that said, Canada Post has said my Xbox Series X is “in transit” for over a week in Richmond, which is about 20 minutes from my house, with an estimated delivery of 1-11 days.

• @DIPSET We recently learned that we may miss your delivery promise for your Amazon.ca Order and apologize for the inconvenience. You'll still receive the item and you can track the status of or make any changes to your order under Your Orders on Amazon.ca:

Add Amazon to the list

• @e_zed_eh_intern

Maybe open up a thread with Amazon support. I recently bought something from Amazon.COM which meant it went through the International support staff and my product was barely delayed but because they didn't update me on the status, they completely waived the border and delivery fee. So I paid for it but then it was rebated to my credit card once I received it. It was surprisingly painless and the one simple email got my product moving.

• @dipset And it arrived. Thanks though!

• So so SO much bigger and uglier than I could have ever imagined. It looks bad 80s.

• Still not been charged by Walmart, nor has it "shipped " yet.

Can't believe I actually have a free PS5 atm lol