The PS5 News and Info Thread

• EB Canada also getting a restock at 8am PT / 11am ET Thursday December 3.

• Welp Walmart finally charged me, and it's apparently on it's way right now too.....so 2nd PS5 for free?

• @dipset said in The PS5 News and Info Thread:

Which do I go for: Ghost of Tsushima or Assassin's Creed Valhalla?

I've finished both. Personally, I preferred Ghost of Tsushima but both are solid options. Ghost of Tsushima is not that long of a game, which I consider a good thing. Assassin's Creed Valhalla is a lot longer than it needed to be.

• alt text

Jim Ryan a MHA fan

• Well, looks like I’ll skip Valhalla and get Ghost. I’m actually pretty hype for the new year.

@E_Zed_Eh_Intern
    I finally got ahold of a human at FedEx and they claim they’ll try to deliver again today. Last time I talked to them, a robot over the phone made a loud noise that had my ear hurting for 30 mins, I thought I had tinnitus!

I’m just shy of a month for this order to come.

• So, after getting another non-committal answer from the retailer I ordered my PS5 from, I started checking a local online forum to see if other people are encountering the same issue.

Turns out I picked the one retail chain in the country that completely messed up their pre-order process: they just accepted way more orders than they could fulfill, and have no idea when they'll ever get them, looks like it could be March or April.

Some people saw it coming and cancelled their order, placed another one with other stores as recently as a couple weeks ago, and are about to get their PS5 before Christmas, whereas I naively stuck with my order and am now screwed either way. Even if I place an order somewhere else now I'll be wayyyy behind in the queue.

Not happy right now :(

• @axel

Yeah, I already give up until spring.

• Selling mine for what I paid tonight. Just not worth the high price when there are no games and I don’t even have a 4K tv. I will jump back in in a year or two and hopefully have a healthy backlog of games on sale by then.

• My local store called today and let me put money down for a system. While they don't have a date they at least feel confident that they will be able to have it soon (I am hoping by mid February). They are pretty good about not milking their customers for money and not delivering so I feel hopeful.