The PS5 News and Info Thread

• @axel Deathloop?

• @hazz3r Oops yeah, forgot that one. I like the visual style they're going for, I just still don't really understand what the structure of that game is supposed to be. And the writing in the trailer (and the reveal trailer last year) is not as clever as it seems to think it is, which slightly puts me off. But I could very well end up loving this game when it comes out, we'll see!

• Global Moderator

@yoshi I understand its frustrating, but PLEASE use some nicer phrasing for it and do not go on with such an aggressive angry rant. Its ok to be upset, its ok to feel offended by the accent. It is not ok to call out "That stupid..."

• @lotias sorry i probs should have phrased it better.

still it really pisses me off how i always hear Americans whining about how bad they think stuff like the European accent's in stuff like in Xenoblade sound, even though those are real European voice's and voice actors.

and then not just in Bugsnax case but in lots of case's whether it be games or movies or tv show's, Americans ALWAYS butcher the Australian accent with their horrible stereotypical impressions us. do they really think we all talk like Steve Irwin?

• Global Moderator

@yoshi I can imagine its rough to hear the same bad accent in anything trying to be Australian. Sometimes I wonder if they have watched too much Crocodile Dundee and just think "yeah thats how all of them sound! lol!"

• @lotias love this video where The Chaser's War on Everything went and were taking the piss out of Americans with these landmarks lol

Youtube Video

• Spiderman Miles is a remaster with a added expansion
    https://www.ign.com/articles/ps5-spider-man-miles-morales-expansion-not-sequel

And found a old reddit leak that sounds like garbage, but apparently came true regarding GTA5 on PS5.
    If true the "Expanded " portion of the game is making all the Online content playable in Single player.

Also GTA Online is getting it's own stand alone release on PS5, and that's what people will be getting for free.

I will say I am extremely excited for Ratchet & Clank, and with it's dimension hopping I kinda hope we get a brief moment for Ratchet & Clank to team up with Jak & Daxter, and Sly & Crew.
    Would it make sense, maybe, I mean the game is about dimension hopping, but it sure would be awesome as hell to see.

• @dipset said in The PS5 News and Info Thread:

GTA V is free.

Only GTA Online will be free for the ones who has PS+.

@dmcmaster said in The PS5 News and Info Thread:

Ratchet & Clank to team up with Jak & Daxter

This would be so nice.

@dmcmaster said in The PS5 News and Info Thread:

If true the "Expanded " portion of the game is making all the Online content playable in Single player.

Good move, I don't like online a lot and to be able to do those heists offline is great.

• I get being apprehensive about Ghostwire Tokyo's bold new direction. But I think Angry Joe brought up a very good point with FEAR. That game has plenty of action but remains one of the creepiest games I've ever played. I wouldn't base the game entirely on a trailer meant to drum up excitement for a new IP.

• Banned

I'm surprised Boletaria is all overgrown and stuff, because Bluepoint Games isn't known for revisionism. Shadow of the Colossus was almost a 1:1 remake. I never had the impression that's what they were going for with Boletaria. I thought it had been recently overrun by demons.

Oh well, probably won't get a PS5 anyway. Never thought I'd have to pay extra to play Demon's Souls online.

• 0_1591984281365_FB_IMG_1591983993452.jpg

• @dmcmaster

I would happen at some point.

• Hey, so I've been watching RE8 trailer again a question came to my mind: Can I go to RE8 with just finishing RE7? Or RE7's story so intricate with the series that I should play 4-5-6 too. I wasn't playing horror games until RE2 Remake demo impressed me so much(tried RE1 Remake after that but didn't finish, found it still old and annoying to play) and now I'm planning to play both RE3 Remake and RE7 hopefully but I was waiting to play 5-6 after RE4 Remake launched. What do you say?

• @ezekiel said in The PS5 News and Info Thread:

because Bluepoint Games isn't known for revisionism

Only if you treat SotC as your only example. Bluepoint did a huge rework to Uncharted 1 in the Nathan Drake collection. As with Demon's Souls, one of their big focuses ended up being environmental work and detail.

Besides, remember that Demon's Souls was completely unfinished, and was considered a development failure. There's even an entire area, 1 of 6, that's cut content. I get the feeling they're in close contact with From consulting to try and make a Remake but one that more closely matches what they had originally intended to make, while keeping what people loved from the original. They certainly won't be changing things for no reason... but there is some stuff that needs to change.

World Tendency is basically pointless. It needs to be reworks so that it's easier to swing it both up and down.

Grass needs to be reworked, because in the late game there's basically no punishment for taking damage.

My biggest hope is that the Dragon God gets a proper boss fight. I feel like we'll still hit him with two cutscenes for the sake of nostalgia, but we won't just get a free kill on him afterwards. It'll be more akin to Artorias of the Abyss' Kalameet.

• Banned

@hazz3r said in The PS5 News and Info Thread:

@ezekiel said in The PS5 News and Info Thread:

because Bluepoint Games isn't known for revisionism

Only if you treat SotC as your only example. Bluepoint did a huge rework to Uncharted 1 in the Nathan Drake collection.

Huh? I remember playing the exact same Uncharted 1 on my PS4 as I played on my 3, except with higher resolution and better framerate.

• @scotty
    RE7 is sort of a fresh start almost, so you don't have to worry about playing the other games.

That said since it seems like 8 is tying Ethan more closely to Umbrella, it might not hurt.

• Extended trailer for the game that nobody understood nothing.

Youtube Video

• @scotty said in The PS5 News and Info Thread:

Hey, so I've been watching RE8 trailer again a question came to my mind: Can I go to RE8 with just finishing RE7? Or RE7's story so intricate with the series that I should play 4-5-6 too. I wasn't playing horror games until RE2 Remake demo impressed me so much(tried RE1 Remake after that but didn't finish, found it still old and annoying to play) and now I'm planning to play both RE3 Remake and RE7 hopefully but I was waiting to play 5-6 after RE4 Remake launched. What do you say?

I'm going to stake out the bold position (that isn't bold at all) and say you can play the RE games in any order if you find yourself only drawn to some of the entries and not all of them. I say this not because they aren't connected but because there isn't anything confusing that requires a dependence ordering.

The stories are connected in the sense that the games acknowledge that the characters are drawing on prior experience and Umbrella is building off of past experiments and set backs. (A notable exception is that the setup of RE1 is much more important than other games because it kicks off the franchise and serves as a very immediate setup for RE2+3, but you don't have to completely finish RE1 to understand this.)

Honestly, half the time the most important "background lore" for any given game was invented and introduced in that specific game. Like, there is new backstory you learn when playing RE4, but it wasn't communicated to you in RE1-3, RE:CV, etc even though those games took place earlier. The characters are continually redesigned and remolded as well (so they tend to have half new personalities, half new appearances, etc), just don't sweat it.

• @ezekiel Nope. Huge rework. Digital Foundry wrote a short article about the Collections as a whole.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-uncharted-nathan-drake-collection-is-more-than-just-a-remaster

• brb, gonna pull a bank heist