The PS5 News and Info Thread

• I think the stand is just there for the picture, although if said stand makes it easier to slide around

• @dmcmaster

Console will have space between two ends if there is no stand. Like think about ends touch the surface but the middle part is inward, so it will look weird without stand.

• Banned

@scotty One of my biggest complaints was that you spend most of the combat aiming a bow with a device that's crap for aiming. I thought how much better it would be on a PC. Still don't think I'd ever play it again, though. It was okay.

• @ezekiel

What is your favourite exclusive from PS4 lineup?

• Just saw that Gordon Ramsey has a new show called "Uncharted with Gordon Ramsay " and now I suddenly want a Uncharted game where instead of finding some mythical treasure or ancient city your searching for cooking ingredients.

I didn't know where to post this random shower thought

• @dmcmaster I think some things are better kept to yourself.

• @el-shmiablo
    Nah think about it, a live cooking show where you to not only continue on towards your overall goal, but have to do stuff for the sake of maintaining ratings .

• @dmcmaster that would make for a more interesting setup that what the actual games have had ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• I want to share this:

Youtube Video

It was one of the best trailers of presentation and looks really awesome, feels like next gen. Hope it is great!

• Banned

@scotty said in The PS5 News and Info Thread:

@ezekiel

What is your favourite exclusive from PS4 lineup?

From the approximately eighteen games I played, Shadow of the Colossus and Gravity Rush Remastered.

• @scotty said in The PS5 News and Info Thread:

I want to share this:
    [...Kena trailer...]

It was one of the best trailers of presentation and looks really awesome, feels like next gen. Hope it is great!

Yeah, I hope so too. I was getting Zelda/Horizon expectations from the short gameplay clips.

• Is PS5 going to be backwards conpatible? If not screw that i'll buy xbox instead

• @dmcmaster said in The PS5 News and Info Thread:

Just saw that Gordon Ramsey has a new show called "Uncharted with Gordon Ramsay " and now I suddenly want a Uncharted game where instead of finding some mythical treasure or ancient city your searching for cooking ingredients.

I didn't know where to post this random shower thought

If I’m not mistaken, this is the Chef Ramsey show where he goes with the DEA to bust drug cartels in the jungle.

I’ve been telling my friends for YEARS that Chef Ramsey NEEDS to be in The Expendables crew.

He deserves a higher billing than Bruce Willis at least.

• @yoshi

For PS4 games, yes.

• https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ps5-backwards-compatibility-ps4-compatible-playstation-6300

During the PS5 system specs deep dive in March 2020, Mike Cerny revealed that nearly all of the top 100 PS4 games (ranked by playtime) would be playable on the PS5 at launch.

It's Mark Cerny, but other than that, yes.

This was later elaborated on in a post by Hideaki Nishino on the official PlayStation blog about the PS5 specs. There it was explained that Sony hopes that the majority of games released for the PS4 will be playable on the PS5.

It's important to note that only games from the top 100 games played by PS4 users will be backwards compatible by launch and, even then, the whole list might not be available. The list of backwards compatible games for the PS5 will steadily grow after the console's release, similar to, we imagine, how the list of 360 games playable on the Xbox One has grown since it's debut.

Edit: And then apparently Sony clarified this -

“A quick update on backward compatibility — With all of the amazing games in PS4’s catalog, we’ve devoted significant efforts to enable our fans to play their favorites on PS5,” Sony writes in the update text, which it posted at the top of its tech specs announcement post from two days ago. “We believe that the overwhelming majority of the 4,000+ PS4 titles will be playable on PS5.”

Sony says Cerny “provided a snapshot into the Top 100 most-played PS4 titles” simply as demonstration of the company's current backwards compatibility efforts. “We have already tested hundreds of titles and are preparing to test thousands more as we move toward launch,” the company says. “We will provide updates on backward compatibility, along with much more PS5 news, in the months ahead.”

So now we are all caught up. The answer to whether PS5 is backwards compatible with PS4 games is "probably".

• https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EaaE8zmXsAA9rEb?format=jpg&name=large

• I like how that image shows so many of Horizon 2's new elements.
    New enemies will be primarily prehistoric in nature.
    More verticality.
    Water and swimming will be much more prevalent.
    The red growth.
    And I'm hoping Aloy holding a melee weapon AND a bow means that they will be improving the close quarters combat. That was one of my main gripes with an otherwise stellar game.

• I also like that they aren't hiding where you are at and playing the drawn-out discovery game again. Worked in the first game, but I'd have been disappointed if it was part of the narrative of this game. It's one of those tricks you only really get to use once.

• @el-shmiablo

Never thought about the pre-historic part. Now that you mention it, yeah; animals in the last part of the trailer weren't elephants, they were mammoths! Ahahah

• @tokyoslim Mark Cerny said nearly all PS4 games are BC on PS5. He said the top 100 games will have boost features around launch. You can't promise full BC as no console is fully BC.