The PS5 News and Info Thread

• @yoshi Dude.
    You came into this thread with nothing to contribute but bullshit trolling.
    You asked if the PS5 could be played on the go and I showed you how you can.
    Now you are whining and moving the goal post because you got called out.

If you aren't going to contribute to the thread, move on. You're embarrassing yourself.

• Hey, let's quit derailing this thread with console wars bs. There PS4/PS5 are not mobile consoles. You can play some of the games on mobile, tablet, or PC without a console using streaming. Not really the same thing, nor is it trying to be.

Nobody is arguing that the PlayStation is a better mobile platform than the switch, unless you just don't like Nintendo games. Likewise, Sony has a more powerful home console. Nintendo isn't trying to complete with the kind of hardware driven games Sony first party is putting out. Sony is not currently competing seriously in the mobile space .

• @el-shmiablo @el-shmiablo said in The PS5/PlayStation Next/NeoStation/PS Neu/Whatever:

@yoshi Dude.
    You came into this thread with nothing to contribute but bullshit trolling.

so it's ok for you to make a comment like "Knack 2 Baybeeeeeee!"

but the minute someone else makes a non serious jab about something like i did about 16K, it's suddenly not ok now is it?

apparently it's only ok if El Shmiablo does it...

@el-shmiablo said in The PS5/PlayStation Next/NeoStation/PS Neu/Whatever:

You asked if the PS5 could be played on the go and I showed you how you can.

I asked you if the PS4 and it's games was something that you could take anywhere on the go with you OBVIOUSLY without the use of some completely seperate device straight after YOU started with the serious bullshit console war trolling with this reply to me:

@Yoshi I'm glad all the big 3 are releasing new hardware soon. Maybe Nintendo can finally display something at 1080p now.

Now you are whining and moving the goal post because you got called out.
    If you aren't going to contribute to the thread, move on. You're embarrassing yourself.

actually you're whining because i called out your completely bullshit argument about PS4 clearly not being a hybrid type device like you were trying to make out like it was
    literally anytime i make a comment that YOU don't like whether the comment is about something Sony related or if it's about A completely different company like Xbox or a 3rd Party, YOU always start with the console war bullshit with the "B-B-But Nintendo!!!" crap.

when will YOU move on and stop embarrassing yourself?

• Global Moderator

@Yoshi @El-Shmiablo Both of you seem to have a lot of love for eachother. It doesnt seem to lead anywhere but down. So drop it and move on please.

• One of my favorite stealth drops of info regarding the PS5 is that they might be using ray tracing to help with 3D sound.
    3D sound is real fucking neato. I used my buddies Platinum headset to play some Uncharted 4 and it really does add an extra dimension to to audio you normally wouldn't think about. A shame it is used for, like, 3 games.

• @el-shmiablo if you want a great headphone experience you should definitely check out hellblade... it might rock your world.

I think I read Xbox might be doing it, but talking 3D sound, ATMOS anyone? Anybody got that setup happening? It’s all over blurays right now but I can’t think of much that would sound better than a helicopter in battlefield flying directly over your head.

• This post is deleted!

• @el-shmiablo
    Recently got the Platinum headset myself when I snagged it super cheap ($60 with a special employee Discount from work last Christmas) and yeah the games that support it is almost surreal how much it alters the soundscape of some games.

• @el-shmiablo Time to reboot Dead Space.

• @mbun Please don't.
    I would do some really fucked up shit to get another, proper Dead Space, but it is never going to happen.

• @el-shmiablo Dead Space 1 is the only good Dead Space

• @el-shmiablo at the very least EA needs to get out of this Frostbite phase before it would have a chance of not being a mess.

• @iboshow We can take this to the streets if that's what you really want.

• Banned

Gonna wait a long time before I buy this. Sony just doesn't make enough very good games anymore. My favorite PS4 games were Gravity Rush Remastered (a PSP game), Shadow of the Colossus (a PS2 game) and Until Dawn. Uncharted 4 was overrated, Infamous was overrated, The Last of Us was overrated and Horizon was overrated. God of War plain sucked. I preferred the original trilogy. Bloodborne was good, but it's the only Souls game I've played only once. It's been a year and I just don't feel like going back. The world is so samey and, even though I beat it in 22 hours, I found the difficulty more irritating. I also was a bit tired of the formula by this fifth game. Still haven't touched the Old Hunters DLC. Anyway, I think it's a shame Sony switched their focus so much to western developers in the PS3 generation. They're just not as talented as the Japanese console devs. I'm more impressed by the few games I've played on my Switch. Their California headquarters is also considerably more cowardly.

Sony Imposes Limitations to Sexual Content in PlayStation Games Following #MeToo Concerns: https://wccftech.com/sony-limits-sexual-content-playstation-games/

• @el-shmiablo
    Come now, that'd be a one sided fight if I ever saw one

• Does anybody have some dream features or games they'd like to see launch with PS5? My ultimate dream is for Sony to resurrect SOCOM but that won't happen...

My realistic dream would be for PS5 to either launch with or release Gran Turismo 7 or Gran Turismo Sport 2 within 12 months of the PS5 launching. A true 4K racing sim, with lots of circuits as well as fictional/stylized tracks, a more refined Sport Mode with 3 weekly races and at least one daily race.

Best of all, I'd love for this to fully support PS VR2. Not just a one off mode, but true VR support for cockpit and first person camera. I'd bite the bullet on not only a PS5 but also a PSVR if they made a bundle this compelling. I'd spend a few months before launch saving up. GT Sport has become one of my all time favourite video games and I don't see why Sony wouldn't use this best selling franchise to push PS5 and VR.

• Banned

@dipset Better games. Less film envy and pretentious emotional crap. More Japanese titles.

An alternate controller that can be used for every game, one made for aiming. I don't want to aim with my thumbs in games that are half about aiming. Since most console players are on a sofa, maybe a laser motion controller. Buttons on the back of the normal controller. I want more options when I'm playing my games. Even though I want more options, I would remove the touchpad. Almost all the PS4 games I played used it as a simple button press instead of a swiping mechanism. Infamous had some clumsy swiping to spray walls and in Gravity Rush 2 I brush it by accident all the time, which causes my character to switch powers. So annoying. It's just not a good feature. The Options button has been moved to a place more awkward because of it. The PlayStation button should double for both the home screen and recording. Maybe after holding the PlayStation button for two seconds, one of the options that comes up is saving the last XX minutes of gameplay. I want my second Options/Select button back. I've uploaded like two videos in all the time I've had my PS4. I don't need a special button for that feature.

• @dipset New Gravity Rush and Wipeout game would be great. Dualshock 4 is my favorite controller ever so I hope they don't mess up the new one. I would love to see the touchpad again AND Sony actually pushing for it's usage, but I don't think it's likely. I want to see the remote play technology expanded and improved too. Improving the snappiness of the screenshot feature (and adding new features to it) is a big bonus for me.

• I don't think they will or should get rid of the dedicated share button. The default quick press should be screenshot and the default long press should be record though. Which unless they fixed it used to be backwards.

The button is too useful not to be a dedicated button, and screenshots, streaming, and video sharing became a huge part of the PS4.

• @tokyoslim You can already change the quick press to screenshot though.