The PS5 News and Info Thread

• Fucking finally. The last big PS5 show is still my favorite show/conference from this year so far, hopefully this can keep up.

Extra description from PS blog:

Before PlayStation 5 launches this holiday, we wanted to give you one more look at some of the great games coming to PS5 at launch (and beyond!).
    Our next digital showcase will weigh in at around 40 minutes, and feature updates on the latest titles from Worldwide Studios and our world-class development partners.

There's no way they wont announce the price and date in this show, right? lol

• better be the same price or cheaper than the xbox series x.

• They kinda lost by now, I'll get the XSX at launch and a PS5 within the next few months.

• 400$ digital
    500$ base

• $599 US Dollars

• I I’m saying $399 USD. They might go for straight up competition.

This current gen had three distinct lanes not directly stepping on toes but I don’t see Sony thriving as much next gen on exclusive titles alone. People don’t care about Uncharted 5 and God of War 2 as much as they care about free games, cheap deals, and playing online wherever their friends are. If the console costs more than Xbox AND doesn’t have some of those bells and whistles like Game Pass, then the incentive to go to PS5 is lesser to a Joe Schmoe.

• Still sticking to my 400 digital/450 disc prediction.
    They aren't going to let Microsoft have a more desirable product from a power or price perspective. Pricing the PS5 at that means their "low end" model will beat the Series S in power by a huge margin, while the disc version at 450 beats the X in price while only being slightly less powerful.

• What are you waiting from today's stream other than price and launch date? Do you think we will see any new exclusive announcement? I'm low key hoping for a teaser about something exciting, like new ND IP maybe.

• I want a sci-fi ND game.

• @phbz
    StarCharted

Honestly Price, Release, how Backwards Compatibility works, how big is the final SSD, gameplay of Demons Souls, Ratchet & Clank, Spider-man + Release date, Knack 3: The Knacking, maybe details on how GTA5 is being expanded for next gen (still say it's just online stuff in single player), Silent Hill, Resident Evil 8,

Thoese are the things off the top of my head that feel most likely.

• Mass Effect Trilogy would be nice. But I don't really care either way. A PS5 will be my next console, but it might not be this year.

• @tokyoslim
    Wasn't sony the marketing partner for Andromeda?

• Don't really remember. They might have been.

• @scotty I'm hoping Santa Monica Studios will show up, they'll probably have a late 2021/early 2022 game. I'm also hoping Dreams to show up, gotta show off the PS5 feature upgrades.

• @phbz

After playing the Part II, I definetely know what I want: Savage Starlight.

-Sci-fi
    -2 characters' uneasy alliance
    -New opportunities for the TPS gameplay

• @dmcmaster First gameplay of Andromeda was revealed in the PS4 Pro reveal iirc.

• I’m not expecting much from today. Maybe they’ll show TLOU on PS5 and some multiplayer?

• @tokyoslim said in The PS5 News and Info Thread:

Mass Effect Trilogy would be nice. But I don't really care either way. A PS5 will be my next console, but it might not be this year.

Ohhohoho?

• Trilogy remaster is bad timing for me. I’m about ready to finally play ME3 on my OG Shepard file. No way I’m gonna restart that. But I’m curious what they do with a remaster, it isn’t like the game looks poor. They can fix mouse controls on PC, upres the characters, and maybe fix some cut scene camera glitches.

Otherwise these games still look really good as-is.