The PS5 News and Info Thread

• I want a sci-fi ND game.

• @phbz
    StarCharted

Honestly Price, Release, how Backwards Compatibility works, how big is the final SSD, gameplay of Demons Souls, Ratchet & Clank, Spider-man + Release date, Knack 3: The Knacking, maybe details on how GTA5 is being expanded for next gen (still say it's just online stuff in single player), Silent Hill, Resident Evil 8,

Thoese are the things off the top of my head that feel most likely.

• Mass Effect Trilogy would be nice. But I don't really care either way. A PS5 will be my next console, but it might not be this year.

• @tokyoslim
    Wasn't sony the marketing partner for Andromeda?

• Don't really remember. They might have been.

• @scotty I'm hoping Santa Monica Studios will show up, they'll probably have a late 2021/early 2022 game. I'm also hoping Dreams to show up, gotta show off the PS5 feature upgrades.

• @phbz

After playing the Part II, I definetely know what I want: Savage Starlight.

-Sci-fi
    -2 characters' uneasy alliance
    -New opportunities for the TPS gameplay

• @dmcmaster First gameplay of Andromeda was revealed in the PS4 Pro reveal iirc.

• I’m not expecting much from today. Maybe they’ll show TLOU on PS5 and some multiplayer?

• @tokyoslim said in The PS5 News and Info Thread:

Mass Effect Trilogy would be nice. But I don't really care either way. A PS5 will be my next console, but it might not be this year.

Ohhohoho?

• Trilogy remaster is bad timing for me. I’m about ready to finally play ME3 on my OG Shepard file. No way I’m gonna restart that. But I’m curious what they do with a remaster, it isn’t like the game looks poor. They can fix mouse controls on PC, upres the characters, and maybe fix some cut scene camera glitches.

Otherwise these games still look really good as-is.

• @dipset
    Rumors have been floating around that ME1 is basically a full remake, while 2 and 3 are just the original games with all DLC

• @scotty But one of the characters isn't real, it just "you" going crazy.

• idk if the talk here is about seeing the ME trilogy announced today in the PS5 thing, but that would be one of the least interesting things that could happen in a next gen console event.

• @bard91
    I feel like ME will be at Nintendo's direct tomorrow

• Good lord Demons Souls is pretty
    Is anyone confused about the PS+ Collection thing?

• @dmcmaster it's basically the greatest hits from PS4 available free for ps+ subscribers, I think?

Anyways, that was brutal. Buy a PS5 to play all your PS4 games and a PS3 remake. No system sellers here for me.

• @e_zed_eh_intern That's what it seemed like to me as well - though as someone who skipped PS4 and plans to get a PS5 at some point, it would make me get PS Plus for awhile so I can plow through everything I missed. Assuming its a program that won't go away after a few months anyways. Surprised we didn't get more details on whats at launch, a lot of stuff from both sides looking pushed due to COVID imo.

Edit: Apparently they just decided to not include them in the video? Very odd, lot of interesting details left out.

• Damn, that's a good show! Great selection of games and lots of gameplay. Demon Souls looks so hype! That might be my new most anticipated game now. Also, FF XVI and Spider-Man looks wonderful. The parts that weirded me out are the Oddworld trailer and that FNAF game, but they were pretty short so I don't mind it. We did got that GoW tease at the end, so I guess I was right. Also, I wish we got solid dates for games at launch. Still, I think this show is as good as the last PS5 show. I'm glad I got up at 4AM for this, lol.

@DMCMaster isn't it just a bunch of free games you get if you have a PS5? The trailer seems to be clear enough for me...

• That Demon’s Souls footage has me rattled it looks so good. The animation was phenomenal and adds so much. Plus the moody lighting. My god that looks great!!

The PS+ Collection is a major incentive to scrap the disc drive that I was going to use to play my PS4 games. The disc drive is still on the table for me due to my movie collection, but I’ve basically moved onto Plex TV for the most part.

Decisions decisions. I still think this is a 2021 purchase depending on when Demon’s Souls come out.