The PS5 News and Info Thread

• @yoshi
    I believe so, would be odd to offer a bunch of PS4 games and not have them playable with everything out of the box

And (depending on what model I get) might trade my PS4 in after getting my PS5 after I test out my physical copies and see if there's any region locking or anything like that

• Got one ordered thru Walmart of all places.

• @dmcmaster Walmart has been good to me in the past with this sort of thing. Everyone flocks to Best Buy, Amazon, and even Target, but people sleep on Walmart these days for console launches.

• @mbun
    I've only used Walmart once before for the Marvel Super Heroes Arcade cabinet. Which was not the deluxe version that I ordered but the standard version, and Walmart refused to do anythingabout it(no riser or lights) but it arrived a day earlier then promised. Will say I was not expecting them to charge me for it now (thank god I got paid today)

Also I kinda generally refuse to shop at Walmart after me and some stranger had to hold back a horde of people after someone's toddler got knocked onto the floor one black Friday and the employee nearby did nothing (for christ sake we were yelling "there's a kid on the floor ") so I've basically refused to shop at them unless I'm forced to (like I get a gift card to them or something)

• @dmcmaster That's just Black Friday in general, and employee probably doesn't get paid enough to care, especially when working Retail generally makes you hate the people who shop there over time.

• I don't know if it'll work out for anyone else, but I pre-ordered Demon's Souls from Walmart and they already discounted my pre-order to $50 because of price matching.

• Turns out the PS5 (digital) in Singapore is 600 SG dollars, which is slightly less than the price in other countries after conversion, very nice surprise for me.

The bad surprise is that apparently there will only be around 200 units available at launch (no, I didn't forget any 0). Pre-orders went up at 11am this morning which I didn't know, so obviously it's all sold out now. Scalpers are already reselling it for twice the price on the local ebay.

Guess I might have to wait until 2021 to make the jump!

• I don't even know if there's any official preorders yet here in Indonesia. I did spot a few online stores that priced it for basically 600 US dollars... I think I'm not gonna get one anytime soon, lol.

• Why am I so tempted to pre order when I would basically only play the games I already have?

• @happygaming Zeitgeist probably. Honestly, it is smarter to wait if there's not a launch game you're dying to play.

• For anyone who is interested, both versions of PS5 are freely available for pre-order in Russia for roughly $600 and $500 US dollars (tax included). I don't think we have shops that offer worldwide delivery, but there are shipping services that will send your package to another country.

• @mbun
    I've worked retail (hell was when this happened) I don't give two shits what I'm being paid I'm not about to some 2-3yo kid get trampled to death.

And that was like my 3rd year going shopping on Black Friday, Best Buy, Gamestop, Office Depot were all great experiences honestly (minus the girl who tried to stab me with a pen when I asked for her number after talking to her in line for 3 hours, but that's another story) point being the one and only time I've gone to Walmart it was absolutely pure chaos.

• @dmcmaster said in The PS5 News and Info Thread:

minus the girl who tried to stab me with a pen when I asked for her number after talking to her in line for 3 hours, but that's another story

you're gonna leave us hanging here?

• @dmcmaster said:

the one and only time I've gone to Walmart it was absolutely pure chaos

Well, judging them all based on that one employee at that one store location that one time probably isn't great is all I'm saying, and working retail too is probably largely dependent of where you worked. I don't think I'd throw myself in front of a stampeding crowd to defend some random person's kid they were irresponsible enough to bring to Black Friday myself either. Even if you did prevent harm from coming to them, a parent like that will likely just endanger them again another time when you're not around and expect someone else to do their job protecting them again. This could become a weird morality debate though, which isn't my intention, just basically saying generalizing isn't great. Either way, especially in 2020, I hope we move further away from Black Friday and lean more into Cyber Monday to prevent people from becoming animals over deals.

• @DIPSET @El-Shmiablo @Oscillator pre-orders for games are up on Amazon.ca and they ARE $89.99. Early adopter I am not.

• @e_zed_eh_intern

My worst fears!

Honestly, spending less $$ of games is a good thing. I'll buy less full priced new releases.

• Keighley going Digital and suffering with everyone else I see.

• @mbun
    Could be worse, Could order something at a store only for them to give it away cause fuck your pre-order.

• @E_Zed_Eh_Intern Did you @ me just because I'm a Canadian? I've never owned any Sony console.

Regarding game prices in general, I will pay a high price if I really, REALLY want a game. It helps that I always buy physical, in order to get resale value.

• @oscillator thought I'd seen you talking prices here. Clearly I was wrong. Apologies for profiling all gamers as Sony gamers.