The PS5 News and Info Thread

• Some new details and screenshots for Returnal from the Playstation site. Those environments look gnarly.

• That's still a bad name. Screens look nice tho. Not necessarily next-gen looking, but I'd have to see it running.

• I think Returnal is super early. I wouldn't be surprised if this is 2023. Something about the purple missile photo screams prototype to me.

• @dipset I dunno man, that screenshot looks like some good old fashioned Housemarque bullet hell shenanigans to me. I'm thinking it's gonna be sometime around R&C Rift Apart.

Anyway, the PlayStation site has updated details for GT7 and Destruction All Stars as well.

• @bam541

That original trailer didn't screamed bullet hell to me but I didn't know it was Housemarque until you brought it up and now I think I'm confusing different games. Were there two different PS5 game announced with space suits and weird alien-like imagery. Cause I might be getting games confused now...

I feel like I remember one that looked like Death Stranding and I thought that was Returnal.

• @dipset the one that looked like DS was that Capcom game, I think it's called Pragmata.

• @bam541 said in The PS5 News and Info Thread:

Pragmata

BOOM! That's it. Ok Pragmata seems early along to me.

• Sony just posted more details about the Spider-Man Remaster. It looks pretty great to me, makes me want to replay it tbh. The recast for Peter looks great as well. Also, the 60 FPS mode looks so smooth.

• @bam541
    Was just gonna post that...not liking the new Peter model though. Looks like off brand Tom Holland

• @dmcmaster he looks like a mix of Tobey Maguire and Tom Holland to me, which is kinda cool and weird.

• I don't even like Spider-Man on PS4 but this is the definition of a full bodied Deluxe Edition. If I ever get a PS5, I'll probably try this again. If anything, to just watch the cutscenes. I could watch that volume off and still be amused by how insanely good the acting and set looks in the original let alone the PS5 version.

• Also Spider-man with Ray tracing looks amazing, Times Square is gonna look awesome.

Speaking of Amazing see the new Suit?

Apparently the reason for the new face is because it matches better with Yuri's performance?.....why not just use Yuri's face?

• @dmcmaster As someone who really enjoyed the first Amazing Spider-Man movie as a guilty pleasure, I'm really hyped for that suit. You know what, I think I'm gonna buy the deluxe edition...

• @bam541 The first 15 minutes of ASM2 is the best Spidey dedicated to film.
    The rest of the movie? Not so much.

I will die on this hill.

• I was checking out the Digital Foundry info on Xbox's backwards compatibility performance increases and it looks pretty impressive for certain games. Has there been any info on how playing PS4 games on PS5 will impact performance? I saw an article on Push Square saying that 'certain games' will see improvements, but I imagine there aren't any preview units out there doing this sort of testing yet. Watching that Final Fantasy XV loading screen be done in ten seconds while running at 60fps was pretty cool though.

It sounds like if it works on PS5 similar to how it does on Series X, it will largely be reliant on how many options the game has in the first place to run, as well as if it's installed on the SSD. So regardless of if it runs at a better frame rate, loading times at least will likely be better all around.

• I feel like the only person on Twitter that never really liked the og Peter face and likes this update better. The original was just very... bland IMO.

Still liked the game, just never felt like Peter to me.

• @happygaming
    I believe a store page is about to launch, there will apparently be a PS5 boost mode according to it

• Confirmed, blame the bones in Yuri's face

• That reminds me, why does a ~50 year old voice Peter Parker?

• @miserableperson I haven't played the game, but Yuri is a really good voice actor.