The PS5 News and Info Thread

• @dipset I'm on the same boat as you, the vibe in this game is much more likeable than the Ubi games to me. I guess it's because the characters' designs so far are less "loud" to me, and the first trailer didn't really feel like it was forcing the zaniness down on our throats.

• I'm pretty out of the Fortnite F2P loop but is a wolf costume the official cosmetic for low level scrubs?

0_1603730035375_d5afb581-5d51-4978-ad21-d86a75cc4f14-image.png

I hate wolf scrubs in Fall Guys

• GoW 2018 is confirmed to have a 60 FPS mode on the PS5, and you can transfer saves!

I might not need to buy many new games when I get the PS5, replaying PS4 games with updates like these sounds just as fun for me.

• @dipset That Steep-with-Bikes game is "zany" but lacks personality. Destruction All Stars is zany and oozes the shit. Just check out the gameplay during the PS5 UI presentation and tell me those idle animations for the characters aren't đź‘Ś

• @el-shmiablo

Yeah you're right. I mean, the Ubi animations were nice too but it just kinda feels like clowns on a mountain whereas Destruction Allstars feels more exciting.

@bam541

I'm gonna buy Ghost of Tsushima on PS5 then replay GOW, Bloodborne, and Dark Souls III with enhancements. I basically won't need a PS5 game until 2022 lol

• @bam541
    Same, outside of Cyberpunk, Spider-man, and Demons Souls I think ill be spending my first month or so downloading old games and seeing what kind of enhancements they might get.

• @dipset I too am basically going to buy a PS5 just to play PS4 games on until PS5 games start coming down in price.

• @el-shmiablo I can't wait to see you playing Ghost of Tsushima on my PS activities feed.

• @bam541 See you in 2022, baybee.

• @bam541 That's sweet, the unlocked mode on that game was all over the place.

• PS5 games are now available on the web based Playstation store
    https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-PPSA01342_00-DEMONSSOULSDX000

• Ubisoft has announced some of the next gen features for thier games
    Watch Dogs: Legion

Xbox Series X/S:

Raytracing
    Faster load times
    PS5:

Raytracing
    Tempest 3D Audio
    Adaptive triggers support
    Faster load times
    Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Xbox Series X/S:

60fps at 4K on Xbox Series X
    Faster load times
    PS5:

60fps at 4K
    Tempest 3D Audio Engine
    Faster load times
    Immortals Fenyx Rising

Xbox Series X/S:
    HDR
    Dolby Atmos and spatial audio technology
    Faster load times
    PS5:

60fps at 4K
    HDR
    Tempest 3D Audio engine
    PS5 DualSense haptic feedback
    Faster load times
    Far Cry 6

Xbox Series X/S:

PS5:

60fps at 4K
    Riders Republic

Xbox Series X/S:

HDR support
    Faster load times
    PS5
    60fps in 4K
    HDR support
    Faster load times
    Just Dance 2021
    "Xbox One will be able to download their game to the Xbox Series X/S version at no additional cost. Just Dance 2021 for PlayStation 4 will be backwards compatible on PlayStation 5".

Rainbow Six Siege

Xbox Series X/S and PS5:

120fps at 4K
    For Honor

Xbox Series X and PS5:

60fps at 4K
    Xbox Series S:

60fps at 1080p

• @dmcmaster Maybe it's me but I find that list very hard to follow.
    Also, surprised to see Series S with all that raybtracing support considering Capcom dropped it for DMCVSE since it can't handle it.

• @oscillator said in The PS5 News and Info Thread:

I have heard the name Travis Scott (me in Canada)

Canada's like America Jnr though. :3

• PlayStation 5 Unboxing and Hands-On Impressions:

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

• Man, that Astro's Playroom impressions got me hyped. I'm just happy that the DualSense seems to be as cool as I wanted it to be. Of course there's still the matter of it's implementation in the long run, but it's nice to see a cool piece of tech that doesn't fall short of it's promise. I'm also surprised that 4 of the allies got to try it. Also, the game looks so jolly! I just hope I don't get spoiled before actually playing it.

I'm still surprised by how big this console is. I love the design, but man I wish it's just a bit smaller, like 10% smaller. It doesn't seem to absolutely need the stand to stand up vertically, which might make it easier for the Allies (I remember Ben saying something about having to set up the stand everytime they bring their consoles to the studio or something like that).

Also, I hope the wireless headset is actually good, I'm looking to get that one later on. I don't think I'll get any other accessories for it.

• Apparently the PS5 will save short clips when you earn a trophy to help showcase it, which is cool.

Also, European press just got the PS5 as well. I'm excited to see what Digital Foundry thinks of it.

• I want to play Astro Bot so bad. Those Easter Eggs and references to PlayStation’s past. I like to imagine there is some Eye Toy or SingStar gimmick in here.

• @dipset Same, seeing those big beautiful renders of the PS3 DualShock and Move controllers were just cool. I haven't played a ton of Rescue Mission but the lack of VR doesn't seem to really be that big of a negative as it seems like the game really showcases the new controller functions. I also think the concept is a really fun idea, get to play this fun platformer while also learning about your new console.

I'm super glad that there is a pack in game but even more so that it seems to have been given a ton of thought and care. Also think it kinda refutes this weird notice a lot of gamers have that Sony just makes big AAA single player narrative games. I think a lot of people don't notice their smaller games like Astro Bot, Puppeteer and Gravity Rush but Sony has a much more diverse line up then I think people give them credit for.

• @themarcv

One of the biggest hit games for PlayStation in Europe was SingStar. Take that in. They game-ified karaoke and made it a staple of the PS2. PlayStation has always been diverse. I also think back to Phil Harrison's cockamamie vision for PlayStation Home, which most people thought was either cool or insanely pointless, but either way, it ended up being a proto-Fortnite social hub testing ground. My 13 year old mind was dying to make an apartment and go bowling with my friends in PS Home. In the end, we just massacred each other in GTA IV free roam.

I find early-generation PlayStation is always the most weird and fun time. I think back to PS2 getting a network adaptor or PS3 getting Home, Eye of Judgement, and those other kinda experimental games. PS4 had a good run of early-gen surprise PS+ games that were a ton of fun, also the Playroom with the camera.