The PS5 News and Info Thread

• @el-shmiablo I had other games in mind. Also the FPS they run at should have zero barring on filesize. Not even sure why you'd think to bring that up in this discussion.

Also, we know from examples of people being outraged at certain games, and then them later getting their filesize patched down smaller that developers are indeed holding back from all they can do on that front until enough of a stink is raised, so no you're not being helpful when you blindly defend their actions and make it seem like it isn't possible.

• @mbun said in The PS5 News and Info Thread:

Not even sure why you'd think to bring that up in this discussion.

i know why.

• @mbun I mentioned FPS because it is worth noting that those games literally can not run on Switch while even remotely resembling the experience in other platforms, and barely run them period. The file sizes are smaller as a consequence of essentially having to butcher the game so much to make it even playable on the hardware.

For reducing filesizes, I'm going to once again assume, and say you are talking about Destiny 2, a game that literally just removed a massive chunk of it's content, and Fortnite, a game that required a 30GB update to completely reconfigure the game's filing system after years of bloat, which is not something that many non-GaaS games can really afford to do.

Where have I been blindly accepting anything or excusing the developers for this? All I, and others here, have done is clearly and simply explain to people asking questions why things are the way they are. Said person's refusal to accept those answers isn't really or, or anybody else's problem.

• @el-shmiablo said:

mentioned FPS because it is worth noting that those games literally can not run on Switch while even remotely resembling the experience in other platforms, and barely run them period.

FPS has zero barring on filesize. You're taking a discussion about file sizes and turning it into console wars needlessly.

I'm going to once again assume, and say you are talking about Destiny 2, a game that literally just removed a massive chunk of it's content, and Fortnite

Nope, I was thinking Call of Duty.

Where have I been blindly accepting anything or excusing the developers for this?

Shifting the conversation to console war crap and trying to excuse file size differences on competing platforms by disregarding those ports.

• @mbun Call of Duty didn't reduce its file size, my dude. It just seperated the game modes so that you can pick which parts of the game are installed. The game, when fully Installed, is over 200 GB.

Also, what console war shit are you talking about? I'm literally explaining why the games are smaller on Switch. If I had said "The Switch is a piece of shit" then you might have something there, but all I've done is give a pretty accurate description of what the ports of those games are like on that platform.

Stop trying to bait an argument my dude. I know you don't like me for whatever reason, but if all you're going to do is cherry pick my posts so you can pretend I'm the badguy here, you should really move along.

• @el-shmiablo said:

Also, what console war shit are you talking about? I'm literally explaining why the games are smaller on Switch. If I had said "The Switch is a piece of shit" then you might have something there, but all I've done is give a pretty accurate description of what the ports of those games are like on that platform.

You know what you did, and even if you somehow didn't, I literally pointed it out for you. FPS has no barring on this discussion. It didn't need to come up. It only served to attack those ports on grounds that had nothing to do with the conversation. How dare I even mention another platform?! Can't let that shit happen!! Better attack it on a front that has nothing to do with the discussion at hand!

• @mbun I already explained why I mentioned FPS.
    Calm down and move along.

• @el-shmiablo Your explanation had zero barring on the discussion of file size. It was just attacking the viability of those ports to defend the large file sizes elsewhere, when really X has no influence on Y. Just stop. Again, you know what you're doing.

• @mbun You're ignoring what I wrote. That isn't my problem. Please stop trying to bait an argument.

• Just realized Walmart still has yet to charge me for my system, let alone "deliver" it

• @dmcmaster At least you aren't my co-workers husband, who had his order cancelled and purchase refunded by GameStop on launch day morning.

• Dunkey PS5 and Bugsnax review
    Youtube Video

• @el-shmiablo
    True, but it's still kinda annoying to know that I have $533 bucks coming out of my account later then I anticipated

• Mega64 at it again. :D

The PS5 Absolutely Cannot Play Discs - Mega64
    Youtube Video

• @sentinel-beach Oh wow I didn't know that the PS5 can't play discs.
    Wasn't the SSD supposed to fix that issue?

• @el-shmiablo I got the disc in ok now it's just taking too damn long to install. I have the fastest internet available in Canada. WTF?!

• @e_zed_eh_intern
    Have you tried using HDMI?

• @sentinel-beach Honestly, the funniest (or only funny) part of the entire thing is just the massive tote bag required to carry the system home. That is one comically large tote.

• So question about next gen upgrades that is confusing to me: I know Control has had a lot of flack from people who don't necessarily own the "complete" edition, and won't be able to get a free upgrade if they don't, but I've got a couple other games in my library that are the same way. I own every piece of DLC for Witcher 3 and Final Fantasy XV, but whenever I go to the store, it still offers the complete edition of the games at full price. With Witcher 3 and Control especially, this is concerning.

Is there any way around this for games and their bundles? I can wait for a sale, but I don't want to buy Witcher 3 or other upgraded games again just because I didn't get the right bundle that allows me to upgrade to the PS5 copy. I just wish the store recognized that based on what I'd purchsed, it automatically unlocks that edition because I technically already own what's in it.

• It's nearly been a week. What are everybody's thoughts on their new PS5 so far?