The PS5 News and Info Thread

• @e_zed_eh_intern I haven't had any PS5 issues. I'll check to see about how many hours I have on my controller.

Edit: 136 hours from last year and about 90 this year. I'll let you know if anything happens.

• Apparently the PS5 M2 SSD slot will be unlocked this summer in a firmware update. It's said that the update will also adjust the cooling fan performance to as a measure to protect the SSD slot from heat.

• Banned

@bam541 took them long enough

• My PS5 and TV (Samsung Q60R) have a weird relationship and I’m not sure if it’s the PS5 or TV or a combo of both. A lot of the time when I use Rest Mode, it goes into the ‘Repair’ state where you get the message ”your PS5 wasn’t turned off properly. Before unplugging the AC power cord...”

It never breaks anything but it’s strange. Some other things I’ve been observing is:

• Sometimes (but not always) when I turn off my PS5 the display goes full green for a few seconds before returning to my Default TV HDMI source screen.

• Sometimes when I switch from, say, Amazon Prime Video or another app, to my HDMI source for PS5, the act of switching to that source turns the console on. This happens if the PS5 is in rest or entirely powered off.

Has anyone else experienced this? I’m worried something is fucked up with the system cause my PS4, PS3, nor Switch do this on any of the various HDMI ports.

• @dipset said in The PS5 News and Info Thread:

Sometimes when I switch from, say, Amazon Prime Video or another app, to my HDMI source for PS5, the act of switching to that source turns the console on. This happens if the PS5 is in rest or entirely powered off.

There is a setting in System/HDMI called Enable HDMI Device Link that let's your TV turn off and on your PS5. I turned that off because I also found it super annoying.

I don't know about the green screen or repair state issues though. Maybe someone else does.

• There's no reliable source but there's speculation for a slim PS5 for 2023.

• Banned

PS5 will obviously have another version like a PS5 slim. but they're struggling to even make normal PS5's in the first place lol

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2021/03/ps5-shortages-2021/?utm_source=pushengage&utm_medium=pushnotification&utm_campaign=pushengage

• @shoulderguy

I thiiiiink that fixed the issues!

My PS5 has been in rest mode safe and sound for a few hours now. I think my TV turning off and on, regardless of HDMI port, was somehow effectively “pulling the power cord” from the PS5.