Vote for our GOTY 2013!

• I have a good list of 8 games but I'm gonna try to play some more 2013 games before sending my votes. For sure I need to play The Wonderful 101.

@axel Can you add Bravely Default to the list? I think it counts. It was released in Europe in December 2013 but 2014 in the US.

• Finally, a retro GOTY that I actually experienced extensively. 2013's an amazing year for games. Pretty easy picks for me.

SHAWDAW to Call of Juarez Gunslinger, Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons!

Gunslinger is a really fun game, it's quite absurd and gets crazier as the game goes on. It's also a return to form after the abomination that is The Cartel.

Most Sly Cooper fans I know was kinda disappointed in Thieves in Time but as someone who never played the other ones, I think it's fantastic.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is one of the very few games that has successfully made me openly weep. One of the reasons is a very ingenious control method that contextualizes the story in a way that I didn't expect near the end. What a game.

Also, is it ethical (lol) if I consider my vote for Tearaway based on my experience with Tearaway Unfolded? I never played the Vita version.

• Sad I can't give an HM to Diablo 3.
    That game was a fucking dumpster fire at launch but after extensive patches and updates it became my most played game of this and last generation.

• Fuck, this was a great year for games. Shout out to:

The Wolf Among Us
    Runner 2
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    The Stanley Parable
    Arkham Origins
    AC IV (The Pirate One)

And of course the last good season of The Walking Dead, Season 2.

There were some obvious ones I left out because, you know, they were obvious.

• Shaodaooo to games that I played in 2013 that didn't make my list

The Wolf Among Us
    Arkham Orgins
    GT6
    Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (F the Oscars!)
    Ni No Kuni
    Bioshock: Infinite
    Tom Braider
    Papers Please
    Resogun

• Boo, too many shout-outs to TWAU already here. Makes me think twice if I should vote for it either and "waste" a potential candidate like that.

• While compiling my list, I discovered I played 11 games from that year, and I don't think I had such a lengthy list. For the first time, I actually had to leave off some Honorable Mentions. I will NOT say what they are (along with the entire list) until the GOTY is revealed (and let's be real, it can only be between one of two things right?), but I am STOKED for this list.

Let's DO THIS!

• I feel like this is gonna be another year where my GOTY gets absolutely zero votes from anybody else, my 2-4 will place but not spectacularly well, and a couple of games I have no love for (or outright hate in a few instances) are going to dominate the top 5.

• Aliens Colonial Marines is gonna get the shine it deserves. GOTY 2013!!

• I too played a titloaf of the games on the eligible list and am having to leave off some games I genuinely enjoyed the ass off of.

Pretty satisfied with my list though.

• @sentinel-beach mine was not an "official" shaodao
    So if you're interested in points, you should probably put it on your list

• This post is deleted!

• i use all of my points towards Pikmin 3

• Holy shit I actually played games that came out this year! I can participate!

• Global Moderator

Oh Sweet! I deffo will add my votes to this! quite a few good ones to pick from :D

• I forgot to give Tearaway a shoutout, shit 2013 was a good year

• @neocweeny Shiiiit looks like you're right! For some reason it's not listed on that wiki page.

Oh man this is not gonna help me narrow down my list.

• @yoshi Send me a proper list please, you need at least 4 games ;)

• I sent my list in :)

I hope I'm correct in assuming that an opening episode of an episodic series is eligible?

• First update!

I've received 13 lists, and already 52 different games have received votes.

There's quite a few contenders for the top spots, with some unexpected faces (to me).

Keep the votes coming!