Movie trailers

• Goddamn that scene was creepy as hell, but great!

• I'm not sure why, but I feel like focusing so heavily on one character in the trailer doesn't really do it for me.

• This can go sneakily here.

Rick and Morty Season 4 Release Date | Rick and Morty | Adult Swim
    Youtube Video

• Throwing this here as well:

Youtube Video

• Terminator: Dark Fate - Official Teaser Trailer (2019) - Paramount Pictures
    Youtube Video

I think there's potential in Gabriel Luna's baddie Terminator.

• It amazes me how much people still want to see an old man play a terminator. I found the idea completely ridiculous when Genysis was coming out, so I didn't watch that movie. Will skip this too. Seeing Schwartzenegger's enfeebled fighting in YouTube clips didn't help either.

I keep thinking of Peter Griffon's rant prior to Salvation's release: "Do we really need another Terminator?" So true.

• Salvation didn't manage to keep me interested, for sure. And I didn't even bother anymore with Genisys, that sounded just bad everywhere I heard.

But at least Dark Fate has Cameron himself on board again, the previous movies have been shifted basically into a "non-canon timeline" or some shit, and this one continues the story of the original '84 and '91 films. The good ones. So I'm at least interested in that regard.

• Wow, I'm legitimately surprised that Sonic got pushed back. It's not something you really ever see often in the film industry so I'm shocked.

• More specifically it's now due next Valentine's Day.

• Astronaut Roy McBride (Brad Pitt) travels to the outer edges of the solar system to find his missing father and unravel a mystery that threatens the survival of our planet. His journey will uncover secrets that challenge the nature of human existence and our place in the cosmos.

Ad Astra | Official Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX
    Youtube Video

• The Shining returns with Doctor Sleep. The film will be directed, written and edited by Mike Flanagan, who did the same hat trick in Netflix's "The Haunting of Hill House".

DOCTOR SLEEP - Official Teaser Trailer [HD]
    Youtube Video

• 'Ready or Not' Trailer
    Youtube Video

• well tbh I waited my whole entire life the sonic movie lol and final its coming really exited about it looking forward for the release...

• Has anybody seen this new documentary? Based on the trailer, I think it looks phenomenal and it also won the 2019 Hot Docs film festival which is a pretty big deal. I think the story content looks compelling and relevant to many people world wide, especially considering today in Canadian federal politics, our Prime Minister approved the expansion of a $5.5 billion pipeline that Indigenous communities and environmentalists and even federal courts have opposed, but... hey... fuck it!

I don't know where to watch this but I think it looks really good.

MAXIMA
    Youtube Video

• Nice, Akira is coming to 4K. The Blu-ray can definitely be improved upon.

Youtube Video

The manga will also get a new anime that will apparently cover the whole story, but I'm personally not too interested in that, considering what modern anime look like.

• @ezekiel Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Taika Waititi film was also covering the manga. It seems like an odd choice to have an anime covering the manga come out at around the same time.

• @capnbobamous said in Movie trailers:

@ezekiel Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Taika Waititi film was also covering the manga. It seems like an odd choice to have an anime covering the manga come out at around the same time.

You're not wrong. I won't be watching that one either. I feel like some of the themes of Akira will be meaningless in a western setting like ours that never lived through atomic bombings. Otomo, the creator of Akira, witnessed the devistation. Much of the manga takes place in a ruined city. The kids will all probably be over eighteen and it won't be as violent. Like Alita, it will be sanitized for a PG-13 rating. The whole '80s aesthetic will be gone too. There are rumors that production has been shut down for now.

I hope the project gets cancelled again. I'd rather have young people read the damn graphic novel or watch the original movie.

• I think shows like Black Mirror do a good job of creating a neo-cyberpunk kinda modern horror that plays on our societal anxieties in a modern context. Episodes like the newest season where people get addicted to virtual sex. Stuff like that works with a western modern audience and is pretty tasteful to our current sensibilities.

I don't see the point in remaking Akira for a western audience. It was created in a different time, country, and context. I think the manga and anime film are plenty. It still holds up and is relevant. I don't see a new film adding anything worthwhile.