Epic Games Store

• Alright folks, this is a real wound for a lot of you, and to be perfectly honest I'm sick of seeing this bleed into other threads, so here you go. Argue to your hearts content!

Also apologies if this page is sparse. This is a spur of the moment thing that I'm doing on mobile.

• @capnbobamous Yes, because people really want to discuss stuff in a halfassed topic started by somebody who doesn't care and just wants to quarantine the discussion away.

• @mbun Really? Great!

Jokes aside, I do plan on beefing up the page as soon as I am at a computer. I think this is a discussion that definitely has it's place, it just needs to be in the right place. It's not so much quarantining, rather allowing it to flourish somewhere else.

• @capnbobamous Fine, sarcasm withdrawn. I hate sarcasm anyways.

• If I had it my way, I'd be earning PS4 trophies on Steam and when games go on sale for Steam, the price is matched on PS4. My point being - some platforms have features that others do not. PS4 has my friends, my trophy list. Steam has sales, screenshot library, etc.

I personally can live with the Epic Store AND their exclusive games. I mean... they have already given me a few FREE high quality games already. I know the store isn't ideal for some, but the statements I read on Facebook everytime PC Gamer makes an article is insane.

"Epic is monopolizing the market"

• no they absolutely are not...

"This is anti-consumer"

• To SOME. To me, I get free games and theoretically I am supporting the developers more AND they might get cheaper.

I'm not against people being annoyed or skeptical with Epic Games but I'm more baffled about the crybaby antics I see which adds to the ever growing list of why gamers are an entitled group of people a lot of the time.

• I can understand why people are upset, EPIC makes games while steam only sells them.

• Pretty rude calling people who get screwed over by exclusivity deals in a space that traditionally lacked them before entitled and crybabies. Also, I can't believe some of yall are so cheap to be bought off by a couple years-old free games.

• @iboshow Doesn't Valve own Steam?

• @e_zed_eh_intern The joke is that Valve kinda stopped making games for the most part after Steam took off.

• @mbun yeah I thought that was maybe the case but sarcasm is tough to pull from text.

• @mbun agree it's rude but I'm not sure how people are screwed by it. I don't PC so have no idea but can't people just get Epic Game Store if they want to play the exclusives?

• @e_zed_eh_intern said in Epic Games Store:

can't people just get Epic Game Store if they want to play the exclusives?

I can confirm that this is possible.

• @mbun

Headline:

0_1556818511839_14083196-0eae-48a4-b83a-f240f678df02-image.png

Ridiculous comments:

0_1556819577611__Dumb3.png

• Epic CLEARLY has not bought out PC Gamer

0_1556819591449__Dumb2.png

• Not a monopoly

0_1556819641007__Dumb1.png

• How is buying a studio you've closely worked with for more than a decade, trying to kill PC gaming?

So yes, I do stand by my entitled crybaby statement.

• I do love this outrage culture where a business doing a simple acquisition is enough to make some people claim the world is ending.

• @e_zed_eh_intern said:

I'm not sure how people are screwed by it

Recent example I brought up in the topic that led to this topic. If you bought Rocket League previously on Steam, you are now locked out of being able to purchase any future DLC for the game unless you buy a second copy over at Epic's storefront and rebuy all your previous DLC. This is a game where DLC is frequent and a big part of the game.

@DIPSET People can cherrypick dumb comments for any topic. That doesn't mean everyone effected by it is as dumb, but generalizing everyone effected by it as entitled crybabies does.

@Phbz If that's all this was, sure. This is the latest of a long string of buying up exclusives.

• @mbun

I'd agree that complaining about the complainers isn't very productive but I'm not cherry picking anything. These are all outraged people who comment factually inaccurate things on every single article regarding Epic Games. At the very least, the outrage is rising to the top.

• Is Rocket League still going to be on PS4

• I'm going to second Dipset's entitled crybaby sentiment.
    This is really the only form of media where these things are taken so seriously.

If a show leaves Netflix for Hulu and I really want to watch it, am I going to create a video on youtube full of fake outrage over Hulu buying up exclusivity to a the show?
    No, I'm going to get a Hulu/Crave subscription like a normal person.
    The Mouse buys the entire world so now I need to watch my Marvel/Star Wars/Literally everything on Disney+? SOMEBODY CALL HYPEBREAK, THE SJWs AT DISNEY HAVE NOT ONLY RUINED MY CHILDHOOD BUT ALSO MY VIEWING EXPERIENCE

Like somebody else said in another thread, that people can feel so strongly about such a non issue shows how good the first world is getting on.

• @el-shmiablo said:

If a show leaves Netflix for Hulu and I really want to watch it, am I going to create a video on youtube full of fake outrage over Hulu buying up exclusivity to a the show?
    No, I'm going to get a Hulu/Crave subscription like a normal person.

Are you kidding? People complain about this all the time and having to buy new services to watch everything. Also, not everyone just throws more money to a new service. Some people just don't watch the thing.

SOMEBODY CALL HYPEBREAK, THE SJWs AT DISNEY HAVE NOT ONLY RUINED MY CHILDHOOD BUT ALSO MY VIEWING EXPERIENCE

You've got to stop projecting your hangups and creating straw man arguments. That's not what this is at all.

@iboshow Updates are good, but they're still being rather vague about stuff. Specifically:

We are continuing to sell Rocket League on Steam, and have not announced plans to stop selling the game there.

They announced that they haven't yet announced when or whether or not they'll stop selling it on Steam.

long-term plans will be announced in the future

Which means there likely will be changes in the future when it arrives on the Epic Games Store. All we can hope for is the DLC will still be sold on Steam, but I don't see it happening.

will still be able to play Rocket League on Steam with all of the content they've previously purchased

That does not cover future content. Everyone knew their copy of Rocket League wouldn't stop working, especially when the dev is so pro crossplay, but the worry is future DLC not being released available for one of the top platforms people currently own the game and all the current DLC.