State of Play

• Very happy I waited for PS5 to play FF7. looking forward to it now :)

Also, that was the best Oddworld has shown. Was about to go mad if they showed basically the same trailer for it again. Really looking forward to playing it now!

• Kena was supposed to be March. 😭 Only game in the stream that I was really hyped about. Still didn't play FFVII remake and it's good that they are giving the update for free but I didn't understand about anything related to the DLC. Why am I supposed to be happy?

Also at least say something about HFW.

• That was a pretty good show, really excited to see more of Sifu! Also happy that we finally got a release date for Kena, and Oddworld being free for PS plus later is pretty sick. I think I'm gonna double dip to FF7R later.

• @bam541

Yeah! Sifu looks good. I wouldn't pay for Oddworld but would like to try with PS+.

• The Nintendo direct now seems good after all. Kinda weird feeling the need to make a show to basically show nothing new.

Returnal looks great, but I'm exactly where I was before the show. Same for most games shown, and the new ones look underwhelming. The new game from the Hyper Light Drifter people looks disappointing.

I guess companies will draw every little drop of good will from these events.

• Solar Ash looking fun as fuck. Not hyped about the price of FF7R getting jacked up, but hopefully by the time I'm buying them it'l be discounted back down or all in one collection anyways. I feel like this also delays Part 2 all the further out though, and that's lame when the games already take forever to release, understandably.

• Literally the only things i cared about in that state of play was the Crash Bandicoot 4 update and Kena. everything else was meh.

• @yoshi I already had bad vibes from Kena, then we saw the combat and learned that's a $40 game, so it'll probably be extremely short, and that's why it is so pretty.

• @mbun i don't mind if it's short though. will be a nice change from playing games that take hundreds of hours like Xenoblade tbh.

• @yoshi Fair, if that's what you want, it'll probably be a beautiful little experience.

• @mbun Honestly, I'm down with that. You basically described Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice and that game was fantastic in my opinion.

• Kena will be around 5-6 hours probably and I'm totally okay with it. Pricing is good too, devs should do this more often.

• Normalize under 10h games!