State of Play

• Kena will be around 5-6 hours probably and I'm totally okay with it. Pricing is good too, devs should do this more often.

• Normalize under 10h games!

• I somehow missed this news but at 5pm EDT / 2pm PDT, there is a State of Play about Ratchet & Clank.

Youtube Video

In case you haven't seen the latest trailer, Ratchet & Clank looks reeeeaallllly good!

Youtube Video

• From the state of play, I'm sold, granted I love the R&C games. Am curious to see what characters pop up in the new Dimension.

Also who's playing Rivet? Sounds familiar but I can't place who.

• I was completely blown away. Night City who? Nefarious City is the true beautiful dystopia.

@DMCMaster I totally recognize the voice too. Don't know who though.

EDIT - Jennifer Hale. I definitely know her as the HQ voice before multiplayer matches in SOCOM and Naomi in MGS4.

• Oh boy.
    Among Us on PS4.
    I can't wait for all my students to tell me about that.
    0_1619735407517_73e020f56c4a86221823bc32113b4316d2-25-ben-affleck-sad-smoke.2x.w710.jpg

• @el-shmiablo
    Probably gonna hear it till the end of the school year

• Game "looks" great. If this is how an exclusive looks in the first year of the console, I can't imagine what we will see after 2-3 years.

But gameplay doesn't look interesting enough to make me want to buy it day one unfortunately.

• @scotty

Really?

Man I thought the gameplay looked awesome. Especially with the little things like no loading between cutscenes and stuff. I can only imagine how big those worlds are relative to the smaller worlds R&C normally have. Wandering around and finding secrets. The gameplay looked so great in my eyes. I feel like this will be the biggest leap since Tools of Destruction. That game also visually looked great, but then playing it is what made it my favourite R&C by far. Nothing has taken that spot for me yet.

This is like Desire Index #2 right now.

• I also thought that gameplay looks rough. There wasn’t fluidity when you chain traversal moves, which looks especially jarring for Sunset Overdrive developer. And enemies felt like they were just doing their routine instead of reacting to the player (some enemies didn't even try to attack).

Visuals are hard to judge via stream, but they don’t look particularly impressive, especially when compared to PC games. Story doesn't look intriguing enough to play just for it. And other technical aspects aren't something I'm excited about.

Basically, for me it's an unremarkable game that can be worth playing, but only for free. So, I'll be waiting until it appears on PS Plus, or until Sony finally introduce PlayStation Game Pass.

P.S. There was too much "haptic feedback" talk during presentation. I get that there's no other way to pass this information, but still...

• @dipset

Yeah. I didn't get excited about combat at all. Traversal and exploring can be nice but I'm having doubts about action part.