State of Play

• If there will be both Part II 2-3 trailer/gameplay with release date and new Arkham game reveal CGI trailer similar to the Origins one; I will be really happy.

• @scotty Man, that Origins trailer was the tits. One of the better CGI trailers for a game I've ever seen.
    Shame the game was felt more like filler than anything.

• @el-shmiablo

For me -besides near the ending parts- it was a good game with great boss fights and good story, already established mechanics could be little more altered but they were still there enough to enjoy. I didn't feel like it was just a filler.

• @scotty Yeah the ending and general "big twist" just felt really dumb and ham fisted to me. Would have been a lot better without the twist at all imo.

• @el-shmiablo

SPOILER!!!

I think Blackgate Prison part wasn't necessary. I would prefer if story ends with Joker going to Asylum for the first time. They could altered the the things happening in Blackgate with another way maybe. Because it just felt like game is finished and started again. Pacing issue I would say and I really don't like it in stories when you feel like you are at the closing but actually your are not.

SPOILER!!!

• @scotty This would suit me perfectly. I'm not sure I'm ready for whatever Naughty Dog is about to throw down AND another Batman game...

• @klinjon
    Idk assuming TLOU2 sticks to the rumored February release date, and Batman will probably stick to the late summer or early fall release that the franchise has stuck to (AA was August 2009, AC was October 2011, AO was October 2013, AK was June 2015, and even the remaster was in October 2016)

So seems like some breathing room between them, assuming that Naughty Dog doesn't do a "Lost Legacy " type expansion for TLOU2 by the end of year.

• @scotty

There is a spoiler tag

• Potential games for the SoP:

• @dmcmaster Holy jebus, I never even considered the possibility of a Left Behind / Lost Legacy style expansion... Hype... increasing... exponentially!

Also, I think you're spot on with your Batman release window assessment. I could see an October 2020 release, perhaps even cross gen?

• @iboshow

Oh! Thanks.

• @klinjon
    I have no Doubt Batman will be cross gen, especially if Montreal is carrying over some of the work from that Damian Wayne game (I remember reading it was supposed to be set in Gotham with civilians, and the bat bike replacing the Batmobile or something)

• I'll honestly be bummed if the new Batman game ends up with a release date/window of over a year at this point. It would even "compete" with the mysterious Rocksteady game at that point which will surely arrive with the next gen.

• @sentinel-beach
    Maybe, maybe not, depends on release window.
    Like let's say Owls comes out October/ November of 2020, and is cross gen, meanwhile Rocksteady game comes out Summer or fall 2021.

• Dear Lord if we still have to wait for the Rocksteady game another two years. I mean yeah, that's totally possible, considering the amount of detail in their games and the apparent scope they're going after this time. It just hurts a bit to think about it. But sure, with that kind of schedule Montreal's Owls could be placed there.

But hopefully it's at least a summer game. The spring is full of big titels so we'll propably have to wait over six months at least.

• @sentinel-beach
    Admittedly I do hope Rocksteady reveals something about thier next game soon, hell I'd settle for a CG teaser trailer or something this year.

Btw we might see a PS+ update today, typically it's done on the last Wednesday of the month but hell may as well announce next months games today during the State of Play while everyone is watching.

Possibly related but I just remembered that some kind of announcement from Rockstar was supposed to be announced this month (probably just RDR2 PC) or potentially Undead Nightmare 2 DLC?

• Besides TLoU Part II's trailer and release date I was happy with Civ VI coming to PS4 and the MediEvil demo dropping today. And Arise could be a cool little game to pick up some day. No Batman, though. But whispers of it on Xbox or something soon?

• Well I don't know about everyone else but this one still kinda felt lacking. TLOU 2 was obviously the biggest and really only thing that had me excited. MW trailer was cool, hearing the PS+ games was alright, I'm personally happy Gorn is coming to PS4 but this presentation didn't have enough 'Wow' moments.

• @sentinel-beach
    Doesn't Microsoft have a inside Xbox thing this week too?

• @dmcmaster it's in an hour lol