State of Play

• @sentinel-beach well that was boring...

but i guess most racing games are...

• just got around to watching the GT7 SoP. Man, I'm even more hyped for it. They are double-downing on all the things that make Gran Turismo so unique in racing games. The things they added, like the GT Cafe and the Music Rally thing just seems so on brand for them, and also differentiates them even more from their peers. Also, the SoP itself has such a cozy, comfy pace, which fits so well with the classy GT vibe. Pretty great showcase overall.

• @bam541 Music Rally seems pretty pointless to me. lots of games already have in built music selections and if you really don't like the music a game has, why not just put spotify on while u race?

• @yoshi with Music Rally it seems like they're actually incorporating the music to the gameplay instead of just playing it while you play, using checkpoints to keep your race and the track in sync and such. I'm curious to try it out just to see how fun it will be, like Huber said on the preview I think it could be a neat way to warm up.

• GT7 looks like it’s shaping up to be the best GT. I love the Cafe and overall choice to really help people get into the history of cars.

I actually just bought (leased) my first ever car. 2022 Toyota Corolla. I have a feeling actually owning and caring for one myself will be the beginning of the end. I’ll probably want better and fancier in 4 years; especially 4 years after playing GT7.

But the physics and weather stuff has me most excited. The physics and overall attention to realism in GT Sport was good but it can go further with weather tracking mid-race online and track temperatures and tire strategy all coming into play during an online race.

The fleshed out Campaign and License challenges is what will keep me playing for years.

And those sweet haptics. Can’t wait to just immerse myself in this game.

• https://www.patreon.com/posts/gran-turismo-7-62035447?utm_medium=clipboard_copy&utm_source=copy_to_clipboard&utm_campaign=postshare

I left this post in the comments of the GT7 Preview on Patreon. I really want this stream to happen. I've suggested GT Sport "Driving School" a few times for Stream Team to no prevail. But if everybody practices and tries to be the winner, this will make for an awesome stream. Go comment on it if you're with me!

--

"I would absolutely love a stream of the EZA crew playing GT7. A handful of Allies can go through the License Tests / Driving School (whatever they decide to call it in GT7) until they finally learn the ropes. Once that happens, you can do a private lobby for races. One ally can do commentary. Ahead of time, Patrons can select: car class, track, weather conditions, laps, amount of pit stops, etc.

So maybe 4-5 races with pre-determined conditions so the Allies can practice the races for a week or so to make it extra competitive. A little mini Grand Prix to determine the winner. Bonus points for dressing up like a race car driver.

Just a thought, but Ben often talks about high learning curves with massive payoffs and Gran Turismo is just that. Once you learn breaking and hitting the apex properly, it's game over. You've opened up years of fun."

--

EDIT -

Also tagging @Bloodworth @BenMoore just in case they see. I really think this will make for an awesome stream!

• https://blog.playstation.com/2022/03/08/state-of-play-returns-this-wednesday/

alt text

"The show is clocking in around 20 minutes, give or take, with a special focus on highlighting great games coming from some of our beloved Japanese publishers, though we’ll have a few updates from other developers located around the world, too."

• 6 AM on my time. Finally an Asia-friendly State of Play again.

• That was probably the most 7 out of 10 State of Play possible. I'm most curious about Exoprimal (Anthem but with Dinos, like for real those armors looks straight from Anthem), Gundam Evolution (finally a FPS gundam game), Diofield Chronicles (can't get enough of the diorama art style), and Valkyrie Elysium (looks rough but also I'm weirdly into it). I like that there's many new IPs shown, even if there's nothing mindblowing.

• sounds like i didn't miss much. as usual. lol

• When will they announce Spartacus I wonder...

• More Returnal makes me happy. Free is even cooler. Coop could be super fun with someone too.

Triangle Strategy ended up kind of a disappointment to me, so also happy to see Diofield Chronicles.

Above and Turtles aside, the rest was a bunch of games I'm very unsure about the quality of but solid Direct State.

Pretty much confirmed Sony's Japanese studios aren't really making the games I used to love anymore though.

• @sentinel-beach This is one of my most anticipated titles. Was scary how they went radio silent for months. Reaaaally hoping it turns out great.

• Sooo... That was something. I don't feel so good about it but it may be fun.

• Hogwarts as a place looks really neat. It's calling me loudly. There'll be so many cool secrets and hidden places, I reckon. And I also just like the idea of being a student there. To attend all those classes and grow your magical arsenal little by little. I like school. (I'm a teacher. :)

The combat on the other hand didn't look that good. Of course I'll need to feel it myself, but right now the whole thing seemed somehow weightless or something. Weird. "Off" in a sense. And oh boy, that main character's voice acting in the combat! Sounded plain awful. Literally no emotion. Might be that I'll need to be a witch...

• @sentinel-beach said in State of Play:

And oh boy, that main character's voice acting in the combat! Sounded plain awful. Literally no emotion. Might be that I'll need to be a witch...

That's the worst part. Just put a choice like Eivor or Kassandra etc. At least that way character will be lot more detailed in face design and have his/her voice acting done properly. I hate this generic character creation thing in games. Give ama pre-determined character all day!

• It looks okay. When they said it was an RPG, I was hoping for skill points and well written quests (considering it's a game based on a novel after all). I don't get the vibe this is that kind of RPG. Looks more like an action adventure game like Guardians of the Galaxy more than anything.

Also not too impressed with the visual style. It looks cartoony and vibrant. Not quite the somewhat spooky, shadowy, and mysterious world presented in the novels and films.

• I actually think it looks really good. I'm not going to buy it, but I think it looks good.

• @tokyoslim said in State of Play:

I'm not going to buy it, but I think it looks good

just be like me and wait till they put it on PS Plus. :3