The EZA Community Top 20 Best of 2013!

• I really like the western style demon lore in this game, having a news reporter on mainstream media as a demon is pretty great. The game's pretty fun too.

• One day DmC, one day I will play DMC 1, 3 and 4, then play you before 5.... one day....

• This is the only DmC game I've finished and the only one I liked (I've tried 5 - didn't like character movement and 4 - didn't like anything). Glad it's on the list.

• DmC is an incredible game. Some of the best boss fights in video games. I don’t think I’ll ever forget the name Bob Barbas.

• Gonna be real with you any time someone brings this game up all I can think of is

The sniper rifle abortion scene, and Dante's "little wet chunks" line afterwards

• The sad part about DMC is, being someone who is not a fan, the narrative at the time for this game was not good and a "departure" of previous Devil May Crys. While I have no issue with the combat system, the franchise is a touch too over the top for my tastes. That said, DMC 5's reveal at E3 was certainly one of my most memorable moments, and DMCs inclusion on this list shows that for some, it gets a bad rap and deserves praise.

• People are passionate for this game. I never properly played it. I tried the demo having enjoyed DMC4 years prior but I really didn't like the vibe this game was giving me. I stood still and held the shoot button while enemies stood still. Then I just stood still entirely and the enemies didn't do anything.

I assumed the game was just broken. Clearly it was just a demo issue or something but I never gave it the time of day because I figured the enemy AI didn't work.

• I played this one. Some of the gameplay and visual style was alright, but I thought it was really incoherent and dumb. I'm not a huge fan of the series to begin with though, so I guess my ambivalence makes sense.

• Gone Home

#19. Gone Home - 8 points

Votes

#1: 1 (Sheria)
    #2: 0
    #3: 0
    #4: 1 (Exist 2 Inspire)
    HM: 1 (Sazime)

Information

Release date: August 13 [US/EU]
    Developer: The Fullbright Company
    Publisher: The Fullbright Company
    Genre: Adventure
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Microsoft Windows, OS X

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• Gone Home is one of those games where I had the story spoiled for me before I even SAW the game in any detail. Since then, I've seen some gameplay snippets, and while I don't have an issue with what I've seen, the desire to play has completely sapped from me because of said spoiling. That said, I feel Gone Home is one of the games you think about when considering the growth in popularity for Indie titles.

• Never played it, but I got it for free on the Epic Store (thanks Epic Store! ;)), so I'll probably give it a shot one of these days. Plus it's something like 2 or 3 hours long, right?

• @axel said in The EZA Community Top 20 Best of 2013!:

Never played it, but I got it for free on the Epic Store (thanks Epic Store! ;))

Oh no.

• I enjoyed this game a lot after taking so long to play it. I didn't know what I was in for, and it did a great job of telling a story and subverting my expectations. Worth every minute.

• Game was too hyped up for me, I was expecting TLOU/Walking Dead caliber story.

• I liked exploring the environment more than the main story itself. Overall it's only decent for me. Chapter 16 of Uncharted 4 executed the main idea of this game better, lol.

• I've finished the game and I liked it, but I don't remember it having any story.

• Played it recently. Very overhyped. Came away very disappointed. It’s an interesting way to tell a story but it’s not mind blowing.

@Axel it completely depends how much you take your time. The speed run is less than 2:00 I think. I spent maybe 90 minutes.

• @hazz3r said in The EZA Community Top 20 Best of 2013!:

The speed run is less than 2:00 I think.

49 seconds. http://speeddemosarchive.com/demo.pl?GoneHome_048

• Cool seeing Gone Home in our top. Really nice environmental story telling.

• Oh yeah. This thread.

Glad my homie DmC made the list. Absolutely love that game. I remember my girlfriend at the time, who was a big DMC fan, absolutely hating the game when it was revealed. Then she actually played it and now it is her favorite game.
    Gets a bad rap because of hair and some dumb dialogue choices. Other than that, amazing character action game that would probably be considered one of the better entries in the genre if rabid fanboys could get over themselves.
    Noisia and Comvichrist did a fantastic job on the soundtrack, and Bob Barbas is one of my favorite boss battles ever. Lilith's Club may also be one of my favorite levels in a game from an aesthetic standpoint.