The EZA Community Top 20 Best of 2013!

• @iboshow Call of Juarez: Gunslinger runner up and Guacamelee champ.

• Y'all forgetting Knack.

• Shoutout to Saints Row IV, Grand Theft Auto V, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and Remember Me.

• A Link Between Worlds holds up. It was my first ever Zelda game and I really enjoyed discovering the series as well as true game itself.

A modern classic if there ever was such a thing.

• 0_1558947408294_ac5d41a8-a7dc-4cd8-9711-6e06a3746ea2-image.png

#1. Knack - 54 Points

@Axel I haven't forgotten.

• KNACK BAYBEEEEEEE
    ITSA MASTAPIECE

• Well damn, AC IV didn't make it? Means it had less than 8 points, out of which I gave it two. That's pretty cruel, the game was just so much fun in many regards.

Also a shoutout to Remember Me. And Lego Marvel as well.

• Biiig shout out to the Ironically forgotten Remember Me.

• Damn, two of the games I voted for didn't make the list. Shoutout to Tales of Xillia and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.

• Hold on a minute, Brothers A Tale of Two Sons didn't make it? Wow. This shocks me, that's such an amazing game, I'm so sure that it's gonna be top 10.

Call of Juarez Gunslingers too. That's such an underrated game. It's quite surprising how fun this game is, I wish I can play it again now.

• @bam541 At least for myself I find Brothers to be very overrated and completely forgettable, I did not get the hype behind that game.

• @bard91 Sure, but I thought that the hype was pretty big back then, so at the very least it would appear on a top 20 list lol. Oh well.

• It's always going to be interesting seeing GTV go up against TLoU, but I've spent enough time on this forum to know that there's a huge Naughty Dog fanboy base here that will guarantee TLoU as number 1.

My List:

1.Gone Home

1. Broken Sword 5

2. Phoenix Wright: Duel Destinies

3. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

4. Corpse Party: Book of Shadows

5. Bravely Default

6. Atelier Ayesha

7. Ys: Memories of Celceta

• I loved A Link Between Worlds, I'd say it's objectively the best 2D Zelda ever.

Very clever first steps towards "open-world" by giving you access to all items from the start, letting you tackle the dungeons in any order. Those dungeons have excellent level design too, a couple with original mechanics.

The remixed soundtrack is catchy as hell, listen to this:

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

Youtube Video

I enjoyed every minute of this game, it has a fast pace, the controls are super responsive. Even the story manages to have a charming twist!

It deserves a Switch port!

• @sentinel-beach said in The EZA Community Top 20 Best of 2013!:

Well damn, AC IV didn't make it? Means it had less than 8 points, out of which I gave it two. That's pretty cruel, the game was just so much fun in many regards.

It was third on my list.

• With little knowledge about Zelda as a whole, I can't comment to the extent I would like for A Link Between Worlds.

That said, I do concur we can probably guess the top 2... But I don't want to reveal my list in full yet. With all the talk about surprising omissions, I'm more curious about the stats more than any other prior list we've done. I've got my picks as well, but I'm curious how everything shook out to not warrant 25 games. Imagine: AC IV and Brothers probably would've made it if more people participated.

• A Link Between Worlds is just another game that I was way late to the party on. I only picked it up and played it earlier this year and that was only really because I finished Link's Awakening DX for the first time just before and still needed my 2D Zelda fix. I had an great time with this one. It's certainly not my favourite Zelda but it's still an amazing game and I just noticed SMT IV is not going to be on this list...gutted.

• I forgot one last shout out, RESOGUN

• If Animal Crossing doesn't make it, I will write each and every one of you a strongly worded letter.

• Grand Theft Auto V

#2. Grand Theft Auto V - 51 points

Votes

#1: 2 (E_Zed_Eh_Intern, Phbz)
    #2: 6 (TokyoSlim, bam541, SunPraiser, NeoCweeny, Sentinel Beach, Exist 2 Inspire)
    #3: 4 (Hazz3r, SabotageTheTruth, Hidz, Capnbobamous)
    #4: 1 (ffff0)
    HM: 3 (Shoulderguy, DIPSET, Bigdude1)

Information

Release date: September 17 [US/EU]
    Developer: Rockstar North
    Publisher: Rockstar Games
    Genre: Action-adventure
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review