The EZA Community Top 20 Best of 2013!

• Super Mario 3D World is distressingly underrated and underplayed. There's some incredible level design in this game.

• Rogue Legacy was just straight up fun. Everything about it just brought me joy. So please put it down, Marie Kondo.

• This reminds me that Rogue Legacy has been on my to-play list for a long time, and as a roguelike fan this should not be the case.

• Hey, I've played Rogue Legacy! It's alright; I wish it had more going on with its design and mechanics. I don't think it hits the highs of other roguelikes, and the game gets a good deal easier as you continue to play with its host of permanent upgrades, but I enjoyed my time with it.

• kinda forgot about 3d world, it probably would have been in my top 4 but the other games i picked were also really good. Loved this game, great synergy between 3d and 2d styles of gameplay with non reused levels and a great challenge curve!

• Batman: Arkham Origins

#14. Batman: Arkham Origins - 10 points

Votes

#1: 1 (Exist 2 Inspire)
    #2: 0
    #3: 0
    #4: 1 (Capnbobamous)
    HM: 3 (Brandon_Reister, Axel, tokeeffe9)

Information

Release date: October 25 [US/EU]
    Developer: WB Games Montréal
    Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
    Genre: Action-adventure
    Platform(s): PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U, Microsoft Windows

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• Played it, liked it, but not enough to get into my top 8.

• Weird to me that on Metacritic, users and reviewers have this right at 75, while Steam and "Google Users" put it in the 90s.

Fun game, swimming in 7s or 8s for me.

• Great story but the ridiculous amount of bugs this game had ruined my enjoyment of the game. It should have been a ps4/xbone game. It didn't run well. One of the bugs in the game was fast travel crashed the game.

• A solid addition to the Arkham series, liked it a lot. That Deathstroke fight was ruthless as hell.

• I kinda want to try this out now, it's the only Arkham game I haven't played. Didn't pick it up back then because people I know keep hating on it.

• As much as I enjoy the Arkham games from Rocksteady, I never heard enough to convince me to give this a shot. The Deathstroke fight is the ONLY thing positive I hear about the game, and consistently talk of bugs, "Not as good," and different choices by the development team all have turned me away from it. That said

I get a kick out of Troy Baker being Joker

• I can vouch for Arkham Origins.

I think one of the reasons it got a lukewarm response back then is the fact it didn't really bring anything new after City, compared to the jump from Asylum to City. It also came soon after and might have felt like a "cashgrab", as much as I hate that word.

But if you ignore that, as well as the bugs which have been mostly eradicated by now, you can't go wrong with this one if you liked the others, especially when you can find it dirt cheap these days.

The gameplay is as tight as ever and the story is actually quite original and puts some new villains in the spotlight, several of the boss fights are fun and original (not just Deathstroke). I'd rather replay this one than Arkham Knight, easily.

If you've been itching for more Batman, go for it!

• As for Super Mario 3D World, when I first started listing all the 2013 games I thought to myself it would easily make my top 4, but after comparing it to all the others I ended up not voting for it at all.

It's a great game, I had fun with it, but it left no long-lasting impression on me, I thought it was way too easy (I blasted through most of it with a friend in one sitting), and there were no major stand-outs.

I went back to get all the collectibles and 100% it, but only those hidden extra levels felt interesting to me (although Champions Road took things a bit too far).

So as others said, probably one of my least favorite Mario games while still a great game in itself, but didn't deserve a mention compared to my other 2013 darlings.

• Arkham Origins honestly does some things better than the Rocksteady Arkham games. The detective scenes are really cool, it has my favorite gadget in the entire series, and the Deathstroke fight is fantastic. In many ways, this game brought the series forward, and it's a shame Knight didn't keep the same advancements.

• liked AA and city better. didnt finish, got bored of it before the end.

got it for free when i got my GTX 780

• @brannox you should play it

• I was all for Origins until it turned into another Joker game.
    Honestly couldn't stand Troy Baker's terrible Mark Hamill impression.
    Just seemed like bad filler. Like a Naruto arc involving a magic sword.

• @el-shmiablo I'm probably confused but wasn't the Joker just implied in Origins, like at the very end? My recollection was that after you beat the game you start hearing about the Joker but I dont remember him actually being part of the game, maybe I just don't remember correctly.

I do remember Origins was my least favorite game of the trilogy, but that could have easily been fatigue, I did like all of the games, and I would be pretty down for a new one now since it has been a good while.

• @bard91 I don't know if I should use spoiler tags for a 6 year old game, but here goes:

About halfway through the game you find out Black Mask was the Joker the whole time. It kind of becomes a weird Killing Joke hybrid.