The EZA Community Top 20 Best of 2013!

• While I never have been interested in Telltale style games, seeing the collapse of the studio and subsequently, the cancellation for Season 2 of TWAU was painful. Because of how things turned out, I can't look at anything about this game without thinking of what could be. IP ownership is aggravating when studios close because these games deserve new life, but legalities being what they are, this is all we'll get of this franchise. And that sucks.

• Papers, Please

#11. Papers, Please - 13 points

Votes

#1: 1 (bard91)
    #2: 1 (Phbz)
    #3: 0
    #4: 1 (Shoulderguy)
    HM: 2 (NeoCweeny, Exist 2 Inspire)

Information

Release date: August 8 [US/EU]
    Developer: 3909 LLC
    Publisher: 3909 LLC
    Genre: Puzzle
    Platform(s): PlayStation Vita, Microsoft Windows, OS X

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia

• Without exaggerating even a little bit, I think Papers Please is among the 10 best games I've ever played, and it is one of the very few games I can feel could be called perfect.

• Glory To Arstotzka!

Youtube Video

• Papers Please is a fascinating case study about what you can do with games. Moral complexities are an easy thing to mess up, but when they done right, it's a thing of beauty, and this game has a stellar reputation for it. Like I said for Gone Home, this is one of those games you think about really helping to establish the indie scene in a pronounced and meaningful way. Sadly, it is not on a platform I play on, but this is a personal strong candidate to try if it were ever to come to other platforms.

• Papers Please is pretty cool, barely missed out on my HMs. I like stuff that takes weird concepts and makes them work within the medium of video games (rather than just using it as set dressing, I mean.)

• I only played PP on my friend's PC one time, it's pretty engrossing. That day I knew the one job I would never want to do. It's morally difficult to progress through this game, if that makes sense.

• @bam541 and that is why it is absolutely brilliant.

• @axel One short of top 10, what a shame! Fantastic game.

• PP just barely missed my top 8. Incredible game.

• Bah. I keep missing the discussion period for the games I like.
    FFXIV was my life for a period. ARR was absolutely fantastic and the grind for Poetics was REAL. Would live to return but there is just such a monumental wall of content I would need to climb to catch up that it seems pointless. Oh well. Glad I played what I did.

• Top 10 HYPE! I'm curious about when the first big points spike will happen.

• The Wonderful 101

#10. The Wonderful 101 - 13 points

Votes

#1: 2 (Tearju Engi, Bigdude1)
    #2: 0
    #3: 1 (Hanabi)
    #4: 0
    HM: 0

Information

Release date: August 23 [EU], September 15 [US]
    Developer: PlatinumGames
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Genre: Wii U
    Platform(s): Action-adventure

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• This game is an absolute masterpiece, like 95% of the reason I bought my Wii U in the first place and I don't regret it for a second. It's a shame that it'll never get the recognition it deserves because it's tied to a system that didn't perform well.

• I've only ever heard of this by its name just a couple of times, and until now, I never knew what it looked like.

I THINK this may be the one game on these lists I can definitively say I know absolutely NOTHING about.

• This one has been on my backlog forever, I bought it at launch and only dabbled with it for a couple hours.

I need to get back to it!

@Brannox Watch the GT review it'll give you a good idea of what it's like.

• I own The Wonderful 101 and played it for a bit, I really need to get back to it, because it really looked like a cool concept, but at least the beginning felt a little rough in terms of controller.

• @bard91 I wouldn't say it's rough, but there's definitely a learning curve with how it controls and it'll take a bit to get used to everything. Once you do though it's like magic.

• The Super Best Friends LP of this game is still one of the hypest things I can remember watching. Some day, I'll play it myself, but I'll probably watch Woolie Woolz solo LP first, because I'm like that.

• The Stanley Parable

#9. The Stanley Parable - 14 points

Votes

#1: 0
    #2: 2 (Sazime, SabotageTheTruth)
    #3: 1 (Exist 2 Inspire)
    #4: 0
    HM: 3 (Shoulderguy, TokyoSlim, Capnbobamous)

Information

Release date: October 17 [US/EU]
    Developer: Galactic Cafe
    Publisher: Galactic Cafe
    Genre: Microsoft Windows, OS X
    Platform(s): Interactive story

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review