Release date: August 8 [US/EU]
    Developer: 3909 LLC
    Publisher: 3909 LLC
    Genre: Puzzle
    Platform(s): PlayStation Vita, Microsoft Windows, OS X

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia

• Without exaggerating even a little bit, I think Papers Please is among the 10 best games I've ever played, and it is one of the very few games I can feel could be called perfect.

• Glory To Arstotzka!

Youtube Video

• Papers Please is a fascinating case study about what you can do with games. Moral complexities are an easy thing to mess up, but when they done right, it's a thing of beauty, and this game has a stellar reputation for it. Like I said for Gone Home, this is one of those games you think about really helping to establish the indie scene in a pronounced and meaningful way. Sadly, it is not on a platform I play on, but this is a personal strong candidate to try if it were ever to come to other platforms.

• Papers Please is pretty cool, barely missed out on my HMs. I like stuff that takes weird concepts and makes them work within the medium of video games (rather than just using it as set dressing, I mean.)

• I only played PP on my friend's PC one time, it's pretty engrossing. That day I knew the one job I would never want to do. It's morally difficult to progress through this game, if that makes sense.

• @bam541 and that is why it is absolutely brilliant.

• @axel One short of top 10, what a shame! Fantastic game.

• PP just barely missed my top 8. Incredible game.

• Bah. I keep missing the discussion period for the games I like.
    FFXIV was my life for a period. ARR was absolutely fantastic and the grind for Poetics was REAL. Would live to return but there is just such a monumental wall of content I would need to climb to catch up that it seems pointless. Oh well. Glad I played what I did.

• Top 10 HYPE! I'm curious about when the first big points spike will happen.

• The Wonderful 101

#10. The Wonderful 101 - 13 points

Votes

#1: 2 (Tearju Engi, Bigdude1)
    #2: 0
    #3: 1 (Hanabi)
    #4: 0
    HM: 0

Information

Release date: August 23 [EU], September 15 [US]
    Developer: PlatinumGames
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Genre: Wii U
    Platform(s): Action-adventure

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• This game is an absolute masterpiece, like 95% of the reason I bought my Wii U in the first place and I don't regret it for a second. It's a shame that it'll never get the recognition it deserves because it's tied to a system that didn't perform well.

• I've only ever heard of this by its name just a couple of times, and until now, I never knew what it looked like.

I THINK this may be the one game on these lists I can definitively say I know absolutely NOTHING about.

• This one has been on my backlog forever, I bought it at launch and only dabbled with it for a couple hours.

I need to get back to it!

@Brannox Watch the GT review it'll give you a good idea of what it's like.

• I own The Wonderful 101 and played it for a bit, I really need to get back to it, because it really looked like a cool concept, but at least the beginning felt a little rough in terms of controller.

• @bard91 I wouldn't say it's rough, but there's definitely a learning curve with how it controls and it'll take a bit to get used to everything. Once you do though it's like magic.

• The Super Best Friends LP of this game is still one of the hypest things I can remember watching. Some day, I'll play it myself, but I'll probably watch Woolie Woolz solo LP first, because I'm like that.

• The Stanley Parable

#9. The Stanley Parable - 14 points

Votes

#1: 0
    #2: 2 (Sazime, SabotageTheTruth)
    #3: 1 (Exist 2 Inspire)
    #4: 0
    HM: 3 (Shoulderguy, TokyoSlim, Capnbobamous)

Information

Release date: October 17 [US/EU]
    Developer: Galactic Cafe
    Publisher: Galactic Cafe
    Genre: Microsoft Windows, OS X
    Platform(s): Interactive story

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• Yeaaaaah! Love this game. Can't believe I'm gonna wait until later this year just for an achievement. The remake looks hyyyyype.