The EZA Community Top 20 Best of 2013!

• Infinite is awesome. I enjoyed the gunplay and using the powers, and the brutality of the combat which I didn't expect as a newcomer to the series. Jumping to enemies with the skyhook momentum feels great (what a crazy gameplay mechanic). The story had issues but overall it was a fun take on time travel and parallel universes. I really enjoyed the twist and ending scene, and there's some neat characters in this besides Booker and Elizabeth. I wish we see more of the Lutece twins. Colombia is such a cool place to explore, visually it's just a colorful feast. The one thing I really don't like the difficulty spikes at times, like that damn witch boss section. I do have to admit that I didn't like this game now as much as I did back then, but it's still a good game that I would recommend to people.

• Bioshock Infinite... That's a odd game for me. The shooting sections are very mundane but it has some of the most memorable moments ever too.

• I liked Infinite then, and I still think I like it now. I just dont like it in the top 8 :)

• The Next Shout out is for Killzone Shadow Fall, one of the best multiplayer experiences I had this generation.

• I liked most of Infinite just fine, but there was at least one "boss" fight that was completely out of the norm for the rest of the game, to the point I almost stopped playing. That said, the expansion packs were more than I expected, and it game play was top notch.

I think it also suffered from the same thing Rage did before release: marketing outpaced what the game actually was, and it had a detrimental effect on how it was received by some.

• Love Infinite. One of the greatest videogame stories ever told, and the way it takes advantage of being a sequel and being able to take advantage of the player having experienced the first game is so Kojima-esque.

World design is also top-notch. You couldn't resist the idea of Columbia, the same way you couldn't resist the idea of Rapture, and that actually resonates with how the characters relate to the setting as well.

• @SabotageTheTruth and @Hazz3r summed up many of my thoughts, I think the game's absolutely brilliant. The way the world and the story are presented and start to unfold is a freaking thing of beauty. Booker and Elizabeth's relationship and story with its twists pulled me in hard, that is some good story-telling. And the rifts! And the audio logs, yes, them as well. Loved the way they fleshed out the happenings. Played the DLC, too, and the way that decided to wrap things up with BioShock as a whole kinda blew my mind. What an unexpected bonus.

• As usual, time to play a little catch up.

Tomb Raider is perhaps one of the best possible examples of how to properly reboot a franchise, in my opinion.
    Taking some pretty clear inspiration from Uncharted, as Uncharted took some pretty clear inspiration from Tomb Raider before it, the reboot just felt some much more personal and intimate that the previous games in the series. Watching Lara transform from a reluctant survivor to a total badass was just a lot of fun, and the island being fun to explore helped too. Loved seeing how interconnected everything was by the end in that almost Dark Souls-ish way.
    While I also enjoyed Rise, it felt like filler compared to Lara's first adventure in the trilogy. Hoping Shadow isn't as big if a disappointment as I've heard it is whenever I get around to playing it.

Bioshock Infinite didn't make my list despite being a fantastic game. It is the only Bioshock I've actually beaten, as the first one just gets really boring to me at a point. Just felt a lot more invested in the wild metaphysical adventures of Elizabeth and Booker.
    One last thing. Fuck the "Witch" boss. I have never hit such a big roadblock in a game as I have that bitch. Spent hours and hours trying to beat that shit, only to finally cheese my way through when the boss got stuck on some level geometry. It made zero sense to me, considering the rest of the game felt relatively easy by comparison.

• @el-shmiablo That Witch boss almost made me quit the game.

• Just give us the winner, 2 and 3 is the one people don't know.

• The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

#3. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - 31 points

Votes

#1: 2 (Chocobop, NeoCweeny)
    #2: 4 (Shoulderguy, E_Zed_Eh_Intern, Axel, Bigdude1)
    #3: 0
    #4: 2 (Sheria, Tearju Engi)
    HM: 1 (naltmank)

Information

Release date: November 22 [US/EU]
    Developer: Nintendo
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Genre: Action-adventure
    Platform(s): Nintendo 3DS

Links

Trailer
    Wikipedia
    GT Review

• If I'm right on what game is second, shoutout to Injustice Gods Among Us & God of War: Ascension

• @iboshow Call of Juarez: Gunslinger runner up and Guacamelee champ.

• Y'all forgetting Knack.

• Shoutout to Saints Row IV, Grand Theft Auto V, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and Remember Me.

• A Link Between Worlds holds up. It was my first ever Zelda game and I really enjoyed discovering the series as well as true game itself.

A modern classic if there ever was such a thing.

• 0_1558947408294_ac5d41a8-a7dc-4cd8-9711-6e06a3746ea2-image.png

#1. Knack - 54 Points

@Axel I haven't forgotten.

• KNACK BAYBEEEEEEE
    ITSA MASTAPIECE

• Well damn, AC IV didn't make it? Means it had less than 8 points, out of which I gave it two. That's pretty cruel, the game was just so much fun in many regards.

Also a shoutout to Remember Me. And Lego Marvel as well.

• Biiig shout out to the Ironically forgotten Remember Me.