No Man's Sky (PC/PS4)

• Edit: Ben's Review

That's the number No Man's Sky is boasting. I really didn't think much of the number when I saw it written as 18 quintillion, but actually seeing all those zeroes lined up, it massages my brain in some real interesting ways.

Although I'm loving how vast the universe is going to be, I really hope these planets are densely populated with things to explore, with reasons to come back to some of my favorites, with adventures only I get to have because only I have discovered these places. This has got to be one of the most ambitious gaming projects I've seen in awhile and I've finally let the hype take my body over. What else is everyone looking forward to with this game?

• @SabotageTheTruth If we are talking about the four things that the recent trailers promote, I'm most excited for Exploring. Just discovering, witnessing and naming all possible planets and beasts. There will be so many amazing sights, both in space and on planets. I better make some space on disk for all screenshots. I'm so hyped for this game! I'm don't want to leave my house in August at all.

• @Nillend I was worried about looking at those trailers in fear of "spoiling" the game.. but considering the size of everything, it's probably safe to look at them. Hell, I doubt I'll even get a chance to see the planets shown off in them on my own adventures.

• @SabotageTheTruth That's one of many advantages of this game. No matter what they show, you'll probably see something completly different in your own playthrough. And the trailers are great, especially for building some of the hype that the game lost in the recent time.

• @Nillend I see what you're saying, those trailers are great. Although I'll probably be more focused on the explore, trade, survive aspect of things. I plan on being a peaceful astronaut.

• @SabotageTheTruth See you at the center of the universe ;)

• I'm still slightly skeptical but I'm super excited to start exploring the galaxy! I know they're using the 90/10 rule for planets so it'll be something like 10% of planets are habitable and 10% of those will have life (I think, this is off the top of my head).

I just want to know whats at the center of the galaxy.. and what it will take to get there? Will it be a 100 hour grind or just smart playing/resource management?

• @Faaip Knowing Hello Game's track record maybe the center of the universe is.... Joe Danger.

• This post is deleted!

• Just here to say: good thread title.

• Additional short reply from a uber travelling against the passage of the sun. Numbers ain't mean a thang, how does it feel to travel the 18 quintillion? Future Polygon review: "Embrace Nothingness - The emptiness of Hello Games' No Man's Sky Simulates the Heat Death of the Universe". Or as Ozu put it: 空

• @SabotageTheTruth said in 18,000,000,000,000,000,000 Planets:

worried about looking at those trailers in fear of "spoiling" the game.. but considering the size of everything, it's probably safe to look at them. Hell, I doubt I'll even get a chance to see the planets shown off in them on my own

I am doing exactly the same.. I have not looked any recent trailers coz I dont want to know about any aspect of the game.. I am just going to fly around most of the time.. :airplane_departure:

• @SabotageTheTruth Plot twist, it's the great clock from A Crack in Time

• @flower_arrangement Oh, it probably will be disappointing. But there's still a glimmer of hope inside of myself that keeps asking, "but what if it isn't?" Either way, I love untethered ambition, even if it isn't always realistic. I'd rather have them work on this than Joe Danger 3 or some other sequel.

• I've mentioned this in another thread earlier in the month but No Man's Sky is a game I've had dreams about, and regardless of the outcome, it's a game I have to play and experience. If it ends up being disappointing, I'm okay with it because the concept of the game and the tech/techniques used in making it are pushing all the right buttons for me. At best it will be an incredible adventure that lasts for months on end, and at worst, it's a game where you can plop in your seat for an hour or two and just chill, cruising the universe.

• @SabotageTheTruth

Ha ha, I'm down for nothingness famalam.

The open hand doesn't beg.

• @SabotageTheTruth I'm betting on a supermassive black hole that portals you to another galaxy.. new game +

But I hope its something cool

• There's nothing ambitious about randomly generated environments.

"18,000,000,000,000,000,000 Planets" might make a decent podcast title though, haha.

• @Haru17 said in 18,000,000,000,000,000,000 Planets:

"18,000,000,000,000,000,000 Terrible Opinions" might make a decent podcast title though, haha.

• I am now eagerly awaiting the listicle, "18,000,000,000,000,000,000 Games That are Better Than No Man's Sky."

Get to work, clickbait writers!

Looks like your connection to Easy Allies Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.