No Man's Sky (PC/PS4/XBO)

• Boah! I just went ito a space station and there were not only 1 but FOUR Aliens sitting at a table. Also TAA is quite nice :)

• Building your fort/station is great! :)

• This is a huge update. Glad to see they are really trying to improve.

• I’m actually quite impressed. Based on the first planet it seems they also added new shaders, motion blur, new plants, weathers and sound effects. My mining laser sound a bit like a mosquito. Also a few UI improvements, like when you scan the planet it shows the top 3 or 4 resources on it. Sadly no time at the moment to figure out how to buy space carriers and playing survival difficulty. But good they added new game modes so I don’t lose my progress.

• Did they change the music at all?

I really wish they had music like in the trailer (starting at 0:45 min) in the actual game.

• I got to play a bit after the patch. This game doesn't feel at all like the one that shipped. The planets are more cohesive with newer, more interesting formations, the lighting is better (see below), the plants are grouped rather than spattered randomly, animals can appear in HUGE herds and are more varied, bases are insane, freighters are cool and when I bought mine, the entire sky was filled with freighters and other ships—there had to be over 30 flying around, there are new elements, the elements you scan now show their periodic table abbreviation so you know exactly what is nearby, Photo Mode, draw distance is improved, ship-to-ship battles are more epic, mining tools have levels now, I saw an animal mourning the corpse of its friend/mate and more that I'm failing to remember right now.

alt text
    Here's the freighter I bought and can customize the interior of. Behind this shot was another 20 ships that warped into view.

alt text
    Here's an example of the extreme lighting. This planet was insanely cool and shifted to more or less red depending on the time. At some points, the plants and landscape were only slightly different shades of red outlines.

• I find that this gen there have been a lot of games that totally shit the bed then turned out to be great.
    Driveclub, Division, Diablo, Destiny... Street Fighter V just to break the pattern of Ds.
    I'll pick up NMS when it is around 20 bux and they do a few more content updates.

• @El-Shmiablo You should never break the pattern of Ds.

Hey-oh!

• Would like to give post patch NMS a go but...

bzzzt

i.e. I'm getting a constant static buzz and it's NOT an issue on my end, apparently some PS4 users are also affected

• They added in some behaviors to animals I've never seen before. I mentioned one of them above that was guarding a corpse, but I saw a few more yesterday. One predator actually pounced on a smaller herbivore and killed it. I've never seen animals attack one another before the patch. And one predator attacked me, so I shot it with my mining laser. Instead of it attacking until it died, it ran away. Like... off the map away. I've never seen a predator back off before after getting hurt. It's small touches like this that are making the game so much better.

• News | No Man's Sky

This week Hello Games will be releasing the next content update for No Man’s Sky. We’re calling it the Path Finder Update; it introduces a new vehicle that will aid home planet exploration, building on the Foundation Update to hint at a path ahead for the future.

Really interested to hear what's in the patch notes. Mostly curious about if they've added PS4 pro support to the game.

Still looking forward to picking this up so keep the patches coming!

• Banned

Path Finder update?

Of all the names they could choose they pick the one from the new Mass Effect.

• Pathfinder is a pretty generic sci-fi/space term.

• @Art I think it's appropriate

• Youtube Video

Best we have in terms of patch notes

• PlayStation 4 Pro Compatibility
    • Better graphics
    • Possibility of having multiple ships
    • Share bases online
    • New vehicle: Exocraft
    • Permadeath mode
    • Build race circuits for vehicles
    • Ships and classes specializations
    • Shop / Merchants
    • Duplication of the variety in terms of the construction of the base
    • Multi-tool specialization and classes
    • New weapon modes
    • Photo Mode
    • Discovery Menu
    • Improvements in the quality of life
    • 50% more original music than 65daysofstatic

• More is better and Hello games are on the right path. I'm excited to jump back in.

• You can find all the patch notes on this fancy page

Pathfinder Update

Regarding the PS4 Pro support, it says 4k gameplay and it has a bunch of graphical and UI changes so as usual I'm looking forward to the DF video on it.

Also that page has a sample of the new music. Please make me happy and release it on Spotify

• I think I might have already mentioned it in this thread but I so enjoy when a game gets a second life like this.
    Diablo 3 was one of my biggest gaming disappointments ever, but then through some serious work on Blizzard's behalf became probably my most played game over the past few years.
    Now, this game which I had little interest in thanks to it's poor condition at launch is slowly working it's way to my "huh, I might pick that up" pile.

• Youtube Video

Runs at a locked 1080/60fps for Pro users.