Final Fantasy VII Remake Discussion Thread: Mo' Materia, mo' problems

• This is exact what I DIDN'T want SE to do with a remake of this game. I didn't want this game to follow modern trends and go for open world action. I don't really like the open world concept, and I would vastly prefer turn based for this game. The even managed to expand the scope to the point of need to split the game into an undermined number of parts. They still don't know how many parts the game will be or even the scope of the 2nd part. This game manages to disappoint me in all the ways I thought would and ways that I never would have suspected.

• Who wants to put up bets on how it ends??

• @sheria The whole game or just the first chapter? My only prediction is that you will be able to get back any party members who leave during the story of the original (vagueness intended).

• @e_zed_eh_intern said in Final Fantasy VII:

@sheria The whole game or just the first chapter? My only prediction is that you will be able to get back any party members who leave during the story of the original (vagueness intended).

They have only mentioned it encompassing the Midgar section of the game so far.

I was playing around with my comment though, not to be taken together too seriously. The joke was that we all already know how the game concludes.

• I have high hopes for FF7. I think back to The Witcher 1 and how much I adored the story centralized around Vizima and it’s outskirts. It really lets you breathe and take in the city one bit at a time.

I love that the first portion of FF7 is just focusing on the beginning in Midar. I won’t feel rushed, I’ll see and do everything, and just like The Witcher sequels, things will feel so much bigger when you expand the world in the next two portions of the game.

• I want this game SO. BAD.

• The newest trailer looks honestly insane! Dear Lord, I just couldn't stop smiling and laughing out of disbelief watching this. It'll really all be there. Like this project shouldn't be possible, but in six months we'll be playing it. Goddamn!

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Tokyo Game Show 2019 Trailer (Closed Captions)
    Youtube Video

• @sheria I may be a dumb dumb

• I just really hope they have the battle system figured out. I wish they would either go full action or full turn-based ATB. The battle systems in Lightning Returns and FF15 just felt they were afraid to remove commands altogether, for whatever reason, and as a result battles always felt jarring to me.

• I don't know why, but this trailer seriously hyped me up! They revealed so many new things, some I never thought would be recreated, or had forgotten about (the weight-lifting minigame, the president Shinra hologram, etc.).

Also it looks like they're not shying away from the Don Corneo sequence, which wasn't a given. I almost want to go media blackout from now on, as I'm afraid they'll show everything by the time it comes out.

I'm starting to see how this part 1 can easily be 30+ hours and justify being sold as a full, stand-alone game.

Surely they're gonna have to rename it at some point though, no? Calling it Final Fantasy VII Remake is a bit misleading if it's only part 1.

I wanted to wait for its inevitable re-release on PS5 but it's going to be extremely difficult to resist buying it day one.

• Can we at least change the title of this thread to the actual title of the game? If you search for Final Fantasy VII Remake, it does not bring you results from this thread.

*It might show this post now

It's not even in the tags!

• Man, this latest trailer is so freaken good. I know a lot of people are disappointed these games are coming out in parts, and I'm a bit disappointed by that as well, but its hard to be upset with what I'm seeing here. Watched this in my cubicle and had to stop myself from screaming out loud when they showed the workout mini games. This game can't come out soon enough.

• Global Moderator

@tokyoslim said in Final Fantasy 7 Remake:

Can we at least change the title of this thread to the actual title of the game? If you search for Final Fantasy VII Remake, it does not bring you results from this thread.

*It might show this post now

It's not even in the tags!

I see.

It shall be done.

• @ochi thanks!

• Global Moderator

Also I remember seeing this somewhere on Patreon, I guess in 2017 EZA did a convention panel and some allies did a fan recording/edit of the panel, like the other "hopes and dreams" format vids it's mostly the guys just goofing off and joking around

Youtube Video

• @ochi whoa whoa whoa, if people are gonna take issue with non-Roman numerals, then I think I'm entitled to take issue with you putting Puff Daddy's words in my mouth. Or whoever the girl was that sang the chorus.

• @e_zed_eh_intern That would be Kelly Price

• Maaaaaaan this TGS was awesome. What. A. Trailer!!

The quick shot of the Uncharted rooftop shimmying got me so excited. I think more games need these one off gameplay moments. I know it’s costly, but it’s so cool to play linear moments in big games that diversity the whole experience.

I FEEL the budget in this trailer.

It’s also got me thinking of Half Life 2: Episode 3 or Half Life 3. If Final Fantasy VII Remake can deliver the goods in the end, then I hope it empowers companies to go ahead and be brave with their own franchises. I don’t think FF7R is gonna rewrite the book, but they’re doing it and they’re doing it BIG.

Now Valve needs to have courage and just finish the Half Life story. If Square can succumb to the hype AND live up to it, anybody can.

• @dipset said in Final Fantasy VII Remake Discussion Thread: Mo' Materia, mo' problems:

Now Valve needs to have courage and just finish the Half Life story. If Square can succumb to the hype AND live up to it, anybody can.

You are drunk on hype right now. Valve doesn't care about Half Life.