Final Fantasy VII Remake

• @yoshi But not all stores in all locations will be closed, only those places that observe the holiday.

• @el-shmiablo which is basically all the major retailers.

only the very small independant stores would be open on April 10

• @yoshi Couldn't you preorder off of PSN? Or are you getting the mega edition of the game?

• @yoshi Except for a little country called Japan.
    I think Final Fantasy might be big there.

• @themarcv i preordered the deluxe edition that comes with an artbook and soundtrack

• @el-shmiablo oh please the majority of both Sony and Nintendos sales come from America. a big christian focused country.

• @yoshi Oh so you aren't really interested in the reason why and just want to whine and complain.
    Cool. Gotcha.

• I don't think many retailers in the US close for Christian holidays outside of like Christmas day itself. The US is specifically secular on a Federal level, and it's not a recognized National holiday.

I've never heard of any major retailer anywhere closing for Good Friday. Even in the handful of states that observe it as a State holiday.

• I remember hearing something about some places in the UK and Ireland closing on good Friday, although I have no clue if that's true

• I don't see anything wrong in waiting a few more days before getting a new game. It could be a good exercise in patience.

• @tokyoslim well it's definitely recognised in Australia that's for sure.

• I think a lot of things are taken into account when picking a release date for major releases. Might not be huge, but still seems like a bit of a fuck up to me.

• @yoshi And why this is a big deal? Games, movies and other entertainment quite often don't release on the same day worldwide. Sometimes you'll be waiting for weeks or even months. Waiting for one extra day after waiting for so many years is almost nothing, especially since Australian 11 will be 10 for Europe and America.

• @ffff0 said in Final Fantasy VII Remake:

@yoshi And why this is a big deal? Games, movies and other entertainment quite often don't release on the same day worldwide. Sometimes you'll be waiting for weeks or even months. Waiting for one extra day after waiting for so many years is almost nothing, especially since Australian 11 will be 10 for Europe and America.

I don't think he claimed it a big deal. Dumb decision though? I have to agree, what with them having free choice.

• @sheria thank you!

i'm also just annoyed cause i was looking forward to starting off my long weekend by sitting down and playing it but NOPE screw you, you have to wait till saturday instead.
    they should've just made it a different release date if they were going to delay it again anyway.

and no, being annoyed by something doesn't mean i ever thought it was a huge deal. still annoying though.

• It's so funny to read all those exciting impressions because I liked nothing in this demo besides the fact that there's a demo for a high-profile game. I guess Square Enix made a game just for the fans of the original, which is totally fine (and great if you are a fan), but I wish they didn't promote it as a must-play title for every gamer.

• @ffff0 I have no attachement to FF7 and near zero interest in the remake, and while I found it to be ok, nothing in the demo really made me change my opinion or think that I should absolutely play it, so I guess I'm in a similar camp, the combat in particular I'm not a fan of, but I'm very partial to turn based JRPGs and I've never really liked ATB systems.

• This post is deleted!

• So I finally got around to playing the demo and man, I'm impressed
    It hits all those beats the original game did the first time I played it, and those little nods to iconic imagery from the first just get my nostalgia pumpin'.
    I'm also pretty blown away by how smooth it runs. Absolutely rock solid 30 frames and it doesn't make my Pro sound like it is about to blast off like most games do these days.
    Very excited for the full experience, however long that takes.

• Gonna play it a few more times before posting final thoughts