Final Fantasy VII Remake

• @ffff0 said in Final Fantasy VII Remake:

@yoshi And why this is a big deal? Games, movies and other entertainment quite often don't release on the same day worldwide. Sometimes you'll be waiting for weeks or even months. Waiting for one extra day after waiting for so many years is almost nothing, especially since Australian 11 will be 10 for Europe and America.

I don't think he claimed it a big deal. Dumb decision though? I have to agree, what with them having free choice.

• @sheria thank you!

i'm also just annoyed cause i was looking forward to starting off my long weekend by sitting down and playing it but NOPE screw you, you have to wait till saturday instead.
    they should've just made it a different release date if they were going to delay it again anyway.

and no, being annoyed by something doesn't mean i ever thought it was a huge deal. still annoying though.

• It's so funny to read all those exciting impressions because I liked nothing in this demo besides the fact that there's a demo for a high-profile game. I guess Square Enix made a game just for the fans of the original, which is totally fine (and great if you are a fan), but I wish they didn't promote it as a must-play title for every gamer.

• @ffff0 I have no attachement to FF7 and near zero interest in the remake, and while I found it to be ok, nothing in the demo really made me change my opinion or think that I should absolutely play it, so I guess I'm in a similar camp, the combat in particular I'm not a fan of, but I'm very partial to turn based JRPGs and I've never really liked ATB systems.

• This post is deleted!

• So I finally got around to playing the demo and man, I'm impressed
    It hits all those beats the original game did the first time I played it, and those little nods to iconic imagery from the first just get my nostalgia pumpin'.
    I'm also pretty blown away by how smooth it runs. Absolutely rock solid 30 frames and it doesn't make my Pro sound like it is about to blast off like most games do these days.
    Very excited for the full experience, however long that takes.

• Gonna play it a few more times before posting final thoughts

• @ffff0 To be fair, if your launching a huge AAA big budget game like FF7 Remake and you're not trying to get everyone to play it you're failing at your job. Gotta give Square a little credit here tho, they released a demo a month before release, tho this is fairly common with Square its not for the industry as a whole. You got to try it out and realize it's not for you without having to spend a penny.

• @themarcv said in Final Fantasy VII Remake:

if your launching a huge AAA big budget game like FF7 Remake and you're not trying to get everyone to play it you're failing at your job.

That is a smart thing to do if it's the last game you've ever releasing. Because now I will remember that their claims should be trusted even less than other's, so it will be nearly impossible to sell me their future new projects. And rather than spending time on checking claims of someone whom I don't trust, I will play games I already own or already interested to buy.

So in my opinion, they are failing at they job because they are firing in all direction instead of targeting their audience (which is big enough for this project). Compare it to Read Dead Redemption 2 - it was a huge deal for fans, for the industry, but Rockstar never treated it as a must-play title. Instead they just showed the game and let you decide for yourself.

• Global Moderator

@dmcmaster I know we don't always agree on these forums, but still not ok with mockery.

• @ffff0 I guess I don't really know what Square is doing with Marketing that's so much different then what Rockstar did with RDR2. I think there's been a lot more trailers for FF7 but Rockstar has always been in a very unique position where they don't have to show much (and rarely do)to get everyone excited. Very few devs carry this type of weight.

More so, if you lost trust in Square because they tried to get people excited for FF7 and you didn't dig it that's your choice and I respect it. I stand by Square could have been dirty with this demo, I'm shocked this demo wasn't a pack in for some PS4 port or something like they did with FF15 and FF type-0. I'm glad you go to get hands out with it before purchasing to realize its not for you. I believe this game will appeal to more then just existing fans of the series and I don't think it's wrong to try and reach those people, even if I hadn't noticed their attempts to do so.

• Finally convinced myself to download it. Being XV a game I dislike I was surprised by this. I enjoyed it and went from something I was not planning to get to the opposite. Just really didn't like most of the voice acting and the glitchy running (not sprinting) animations.

• Yeah kinda surprised at some of the janky animations, it's pretty jarring looking at something like Noctis walk-running animation, and Cloud's walk-running animation's. Also why can't Cloud turn around after doing his quick slash when out of battle?

• @sentinel-beach said in Final Fantasy VII Remake:

Aeris so pretty O_O

I hope nothing bad happens to her. :3

• I hope they make you CHOOSE.

lol the saltiest tears will be shed.

• Hai :3

alt text

• There's all kindsa spoilers out there right now and on one hand obviously don't look into it if you're interested in picking this up but also if you wanted a faithful remake, all I'm gonna say is maybe wait to buy this before the news breaks of what they've changed/added.

• This game's unreal. I simply can't believe what I'm seeing and playing. They've fleshed out a ridiculous amount of new story, dialogue and character moments and I'm not even past Chapter 3 yet. Hanging around with Tifa in the Slums. Absolutely gorgeous in every way. The audiovisual scenery this paints and depicts all the time, just mmm! The battle theme is quite possibly the best thing in gaming, with nostalgia or not, I don't care. So freaking tight! Love it every time. And slowly the rpg side has opened up as well with all the gear, materia and EXP customizations. This beauty will eat up so many hours and I'm so willing to offer them to it. :)