Final Fantasy VII Remake

• Speaking of FF7-2 I'm completely confident in my thoughts that it will borrow the road trip type stuff from FF15. Just seems like a good fit I think.

• @dmcmaster

Considering the scale they went with in this Final Fantasy Remake, I can't imagine they go with a Ni Nu Kuni style overworld. Although, I wonder what a modern twist on that would look like. I imagine a mini-open world with a big sense of scale but maybe a lot less distance to travel than the original FF7 overworld.

I also imagine Point A to Point B, say, Midgar to the Chocobo Ranch could be 5 hours of gameplay in itself if they go that route. Not just drive here, walk there, but really seeing towns, creatures, and sights along the way. Obviously not a 5 hour drive, but like, you can only go a certain distance before hitting a quest, then side missions, then you gotta undo this roadblock kinda journey.

• Whatever route they're going to take with Part 2, I hope they don't just make the world bigger but don't fill it with cool things to do or see. I really want Part 2's actual world to be filled with fun details to gush about, Part 1 kinda lacks that overall.

Also, since Part 1 is SE's first Unreal 4 FF game, I hope they can work the technical kinks for the next one. I'm sure they can push that engine to even greater heights.

• I definitely think the world is going to be smaller but feel bigger in scale when compared to the original. Considering Part 1 is a liner game with the ability to open up here and there, I don't think they'll just make an open world. Probably do the same as Part 1 where you journey on the rails for a bit, then later on things open, but the world isn't humongous.

At least that's my quick assumption.

• New Zack Fair related thing coming??

• The theory I've seen people digging into is that Ever Crisis could be a movie.

• Picked up my Switch playthrough of FF7 so I can fully understand this ending then dive into spoiler modes and such. I forget so much of this game since I played it for the first time in like 2007 maybe. I definitely look forward to my whole party, including Red XIII, dressed up as sailors in "disguise".

So, other than Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus, I don't even know about all this other FF7 spin off shit. What's the syllabus to even grasp WTF is going on here? Gonna finish FF7 on Switch then watch Advent Children, but I likely don't have to consume it all?

• Crisis Core is phenomenal (especially via Emulation) however it's hard to tell what if any connection it will have to Remake. It's also the one game that probably won't see a Remake or port or anything due to a celebrity being used as a major character

• @dipset Focus on just finishing FF7 first, for the rest I think you'll be fine with just reading up about it. Advent Children is one of the most nonsensical pieces of crap I've ever watched, don't get your hopes up.

• @axel
    Although the fight scenes are nice to watch. But yeah AC is pretty much nonsense