Final Fantasy VII Remake

• @tokyoslim not to derail the thread, but the word on the street is that they're making a VR Half-Life game, which is honestly more disappointing than them not making one at all.

Anyway, back to Final Fantasy!

• As someone that doesn't care much about FF in general and FF7 in particular I have to admit that looks pretty damn good, I still won't dive into it, at least not until it is all out, but it definitively caught my attention, if only it were purely turn based.

• Hot damn! The Classic Mode sounds like an appealing option.

alt text

• @sentinel-beach That sounds cool. I wonder if you can switch between modes freely in-game without having to reset progress or anything like that. I'm not a turn-based combat guy but I would love to try it out if I can still switch back to action mode easily.

• Hopefully that's the same box for the Deluxe edition

• Pretty neat.

I'm still really curious about how many parts this game will be. I also wonder if they will ever release the number up until the marketing campaign for whatever will be the final part. Entirely conjecture but I would love to know as I will not be buying any part until I know.

• @e_zed_eh_intern As far as I understand they're not going to be parts/episodes, but fully independent games, more like the FF XIII "trilogy" (maybe that's what you meant but just wanted to clarify).

Their press release says this:

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE is a reimagining of the iconic original game that re-defined the RPG genre, diving deeper into the world and its characters than ever before. The first game in the project will be set in the eclectic city of Midgar and presents a fully standalone gaming experience that provides a great starting point to the series.

The remake is a "project" which will contain multiple games which will form a "series".

• I was literally just thinking this morning (yesterday night?) about how there's no way this game would get delayed.
    Damn.

• Youtube Video

I don't even like the original that much and this trailer still made me giddy.

• @naltmank This is some grade A anime bullshit. I've never been so excited for a game.

• Word on the street is that the demo is dropping on Tuesday. Not putting it in news thread because rumors aren't news.
    But please be excited for rumer.

• Also, this hasn't been posted in here yet, and it's 100% amazeballs, just like every other video we've seen of FFVIIR

Youtube Video

• The demo is out!

• Just downloaded the demo. Can't believe we'll be finally able to play this! I mean, what a project! I'll sit down with the demo later today.

Here's Brad's preview with Damiani. Looks simply incredible.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Preview - Exploring Midgar
    Youtube Video

• Downloaded the demo, but can't play it till I get off work

• I'm interested to hear about what you guys thought about the demo, I personally want to wait until the full game release to start playing it but I'm still too curious.

• Not since I rented Brave Fencer Musashi from GameWorld have I been this excited to play a demo.

• Goddamn that was a lot to take in! In all the good ways. Astonishing what they've achieved with the game, what they've done to it. The music is as it should be, a beautiful nostalgia boost, but then everything else... You simply need to experience it for yourself. So much more of everything to flesh things out, love it. Barret is out of control! :D

The battle system and the fighting feels good, thankfully. It's like a million times faster than in the OG and so flashy and all that that's like the only thing that makes me wonder if my head will be able to constantly digest it all, so to speak. The screen is full of stuff when the action gets heavy. At the same time it still feels really simple and easy to grasp: you basically spam the square button and your basic strikes to fill the ATB gauge, which then gives you access to the bigger punches, spells and items. Super quick to fill the gauge, though, so it's never a problem, I feel. Just something to prevent you from going all in all the time which makes sense.

Unreal what this whole project looks and feels like now. TLOU Part II will have a run for its money, I found myself thinking inside the reactor at one point.

• Anyone play it on PS4PRO any framerate or resolution options?