Final Fantasy VII Remake

• I just really hope they have the battle system figured out. I wish they would either go full action or full turn-based ATB. The battle systems in Lightning Returns and FF15 just felt they were afraid to remove commands altogether, for whatever reason, and as a result battles always felt jarring to me.

• I don't know why, but this trailer seriously hyped me up! They revealed so many new things, some I never thought would be recreated, or had forgotten about (the weight-lifting minigame, the president Shinra hologram, etc.).

Also it looks like they're not shying away from the Don Corneo sequence, which wasn't a given. I almost want to go media blackout from now on, as I'm afraid they'll show everything by the time it comes out.

I'm starting to see how this part 1 can easily be 30+ hours and justify being sold as a full, stand-alone game.

Surely they're gonna have to rename it at some point though, no? Calling it Final Fantasy VII Remake is a bit misleading if it's only part 1.

I wanted to wait for its inevitable re-release on PS5 but it's going to be extremely difficult to resist buying it day one.

• Can we at least change the title of this thread to the actual title of the game? If you search for Final Fantasy VII Remake, it does not bring you results from this thread.

*It might show this post now

It's not even in the tags!

• Man, this latest trailer is so freaken good. I know a lot of people are disappointed these games are coming out in parts, and I'm a bit disappointed by that as well, but its hard to be upset with what I'm seeing here. Watched this in my cubicle and had to stop myself from screaming out loud when they showed the workout mini games. This game can't come out soon enough.

• Global Moderator

@tokyoslim said in Final Fantasy 7 Remake:

Can we at least change the title of this thread to the actual title of the game? If you search for Final Fantasy VII Remake, it does not bring you results from this thread.

*It might show this post now

It's not even in the tags!

I see.

It shall be done.

• @ochi thanks!

• Global Moderator

Also I remember seeing this somewhere on Patreon, I guess in 2017 EZA did a convention panel and some allies did a fan recording/edit of the panel, like the other "hopes and dreams" format vids it's mostly the guys just goofing off and joking around

Youtube Video

• @ochi whoa whoa whoa, if people are gonna take issue with non-Roman numerals, then I think I'm entitled to take issue with you putting Puff Daddy's words in my mouth. Or whoever the girl was that sang the chorus.

• @e_zed_eh_intern That would be Kelly Price

• Maaaaaaan this TGS was awesome. What. A. Trailer!!

The quick shot of the Uncharted rooftop shimmying got me so excited. I think more games need these one off gameplay moments. I know it’s costly, but it’s so cool to play linear moments in big games that diversity the whole experience.

I FEEL the budget in this trailer.

It’s also got me thinking of Half Life 2: Episode 3 or Half Life 3. If Final Fantasy VII Remake can deliver the goods in the end, then I hope it empowers companies to go ahead and be brave with their own franchises. I don’t think FF7R is gonna rewrite the book, but they’re doing it and they’re doing it BIG.

Now Valve needs to have courage and just finish the Half Life story. If Square can succumb to the hype AND live up to it, anybody can.

• @dipset said in Final Fantasy VII Remake Discussion Thread: Mo' Materia, mo' problems:

Now Valve needs to have courage and just finish the Half Life story. If Square can succumb to the hype AND live up to it, anybody can.

You are drunk on hype right now. Valve doesn't care about Half Life.

• @tokyoslim not to derail the thread, but the word on the street is that they're making a VR Half-Life game, which is honestly more disappointing than them not making one at all.

Anyway, back to Final Fantasy!

• As someone that doesn't care much about FF in general and FF7 in particular I have to admit that looks pretty damn good, I still won't dive into it, at least not until it is all out, but it definitively caught my attention, if only it were purely turn based.

• Hot damn! The Classic Mode sounds like an appealing option.

alt text

• @sentinel-beach That sounds cool. I wonder if you can switch between modes freely in-game without having to reset progress or anything like that. I'm not a turn-based combat guy but I would love to try it out if I can still switch back to action mode easily.

• Hopefully that's the same box for the Deluxe edition

• Pretty neat.

I'm still really curious about how many parts this game will be. I also wonder if they will ever release the number up until the marketing campaign for whatever will be the final part. Entirely conjecture but I would love to know as I will not be buying any part until I know.

• @e_zed_eh_intern As far as I understand they're not going to be parts/episodes, but fully independent games, more like the FF XIII "trilogy" (maybe that's what you meant but just wanted to clarify).

Their press release says this:

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE is a reimagining of the iconic original game that re-defined the RPG genre, diving deeper into the world and its characters than ever before. The first game in the project will be set in the eclectic city of Midgar and presents a fully standalone gaming experience that provides a great starting point to the series.

The remake is a "project" which will contain multiple games which will form a "series".