Super Mario Maker 2

• Finally got to level creation. The Wii U was the perfect console for this game... But after a while it becomes OK.

My first level:
    Don't be greedy!
    6KV-B3W-BNG

Simple course, can get tricky but not too much. I was able to clear it in my first try and I suck at Mario.

• @phbz Thanks. I hate it.

Precision jumps are pretty annoying. Also, those sideways trampolines at the beginning that don't actually bounce you are pretty deceiving.

• @mbun :D They do work, but they are not needed. I made it short because it demands precision. No hard feelings, at least you went for it.

• @phbz I held right while falling, and they never bounced me.

• Another one.

• Hey everyone,

I made my first level, first time playing Mario Maker. The code is: PCY-MM4-N3G. It's an easy and simple level that just has details. Don't forget to open the locked door before finishing the level!

• Here's my first attempt: RC9-3SJ-LXG.

Doesn't require any crazy skills, just patience and caution.

• @cptcobblepot Timer felt kind of tight for finding the key. Secret path is harder than the main path. Also, you can go through the secret path backwards if you enter the red pipe at the end. Would be better to have the dropoff pipe somewhere normally inaccessible above.

@Axel Didn't see the doorway until the end, and with a momentum off block spin walljump into spin and stopping your momentum you can just make it to go backwards. Wasn't a big deal since you can pretty easily tell you're back to an earlier part of the level though. Only part of the level I wasn't into is that thomp at the beginning of the up path you have to wait for.

• @mbun Ah damn I tried every way I could to reach the door from the bottom and couldn't, thought it was safe ;)

• @axel It is so difficult to pull off on top of being easy to tell you were taken backwards that it is fine. Strangely, killing the momentum of the walljump when you land on the very edge of the platform is the hardest part of landing it. Got enough height but kept falling off over and over before I finally stuck the landing.

• Quick question, did Don upload his level that he was working on during the live stream?

Also created a small level and would love some feedback: P80-7J5-FCG

• @munchkin-gaming I still don't know Don or Ben's Maker IDs, just Ian and Kyle's.

The name doesn't really suit it. (Very first thing you do is run.) Some parts are visually messy. The jump over the spike stack seems really tight, unless you want me to bounce off the kicked beetle, which is pretty tricky. I found it easier to jump over your room with the ON / OFF Switch being hit to the checkpoint than do the section beneath it, so maybe add some spikes or something so people can't do that? The boss seemed easy enough, which isn't bad late into a tough level, but I imagine that'll change every time someone tries it with that arena. Maybe you could parachute the 1-ups in or just anything fancier than having them just there near the door? Should be time during the fight. The icicle section seemed scary, but execution was alot easier than I thought it'd be, so good job on that part.

I know I said I was making a 3D World level, but halfway into that I started making a different level, and that one ended up getting finished first:

• Hey guys, I made some pretty easy vanilla levels, they are nothing special but i like them haha. Check them out if you want! :D

First Try: FRW-N8Y-LXF
    Vanilla Forest: VTP-6QP-DVF
    Vanilla Sky: 3PT-24Y-6NG

• Hey guys here’s a Metroidvania inspired level I made
    M42-WTC-QRG.

Can’t lie I kind of miss the game pad stylus feel from the og. Anyways looking forward to playing everyone’s levels.

• Global Moderator

The Patreon post of all the community submitted levels for the group stream is now available to the public. There are 200+ levels in the comments if anyone wants more levels to play. https://www.patreon.com/posts/28410699

• Hey fellow Allies, after watching the fun MM2 stream, I thought I'd join up here to see some more levels from the best community on the net.

I'd love to get some plays and thoughts on mine, and would love to play your levels as well!

I’ve just been kicking off the rust with these first four, but I quite like them. I can’t wait to polish myself more and find time to create all the fun courses I have in mind.

1: Icicle Caves Escapades Q3W-VXY-M0H (SMW, snow day & night)

My first level for this game; I love the snow themes. You can blaze through for a speed run taking the harder icicle route, but the easier route with claws will lead to a whole new area that is pretty jolly.

2: Quagmire in the Quagmire V3L-QVX-7TG (NSMB, forest night)

I’ve never made a “one-screen” puzzle level before, so I just tinkered around with one. If that’s not your jam, then don’t play this. It’s quite basic though, with some visual clues showing you where a few things need to go. It is fully resettable as well.

3: Clear Cascading Conundrum 7PD-2P4-86G (SM3DW, airship)

Man this style looks great. There are two main sections and you might have to do a few different tasks to make your way forward. Lots of fun to make (find both keys for the true ending).

4: Seek the Silences in the Gloom T0C-WNX-TGG (SMB, ground night & underground day)

My latest level may seem like it has a few pick-a-path sections, but the “silence” will lead you the right way every time. Hopefully pretty atmospheric with fun rewards sprinkled throughout.

Looking forward to hearing about some of these!

• @awgner07 Was enjoying 1 until I hit a fail state and had to abandon my checkpoints and restart. 2 took me forever to solve and execute. 3 was really fun and cool, easily my favorite of your bunch, and I agree 3D World is awesome, even if Ian thinks otherwise. 4 I played while listening to a podcast, and now that I read your description that explains why I struggled more with it.

• @Mbun
    Thanks Mbun, darn that fail state! The last level isn't working quite as good as I'd hoped because it takes so long for the silence to kick in after that beep that I now realize people won't take it slow and wait for it. I'll be sure to check in some of your levels, hopefully tonight.

• @Mbun Played both your levels last night. One I had obviously seen on stream, and the other was just a great & solid standard course. I liked navigating through the middle section particularly. I really enjoy the visual consistency of both your levels and how everything looks just good and thought-out. I hope to see a 3D World level from you some time! It seems harder to be creative with the style compared to the others in creating unique visuals, but it does make up for it by just looking so nice in the first place!

• @mbun Yeah I feel the timer is off to, I wish they would implement an editing feature so we could fix already published levels. According to death counter it doesn't look like a lot of players have even found the secret area.