Super Mario Maker 2

• @awgner07 Thanks. I'm honestly not so happy with how my second level came out. I started it cause I was procrastinating my 3D World level actually. I should get back to that after this weekend.

@CptCobblePot I found out you can delete your uploaded level, make changes, and then reupload it at least, but of course it'll wipe the records of people who played it, which is a bummer. Editing is just one of those things that should've been in this game that isn't.

• Yeah patchability would be so nice. All they would have to do is make you redo the clear check to make sure you haven't made it impossible and then let you keep the stats of your level.

• But then what's stopping you from making a completely different level when editing it, meaning if you keep the stats/likes from the original they become irrelevant since they applied to something else entirely. I'd like to do little tweaks to my levels too but it's understandable why it was left out since it could lead to all sorts of abuse.

• @axel Yes, that is indeed probably one of the reasons why they don't have it implemented. It would be nice, but there'd be so many ways for people to abuse it unfortunately.

• I've made my first multiplayer level. It's a race up a giant beanstalk. It can of course be fun by yourself as well!

Up the Beanstalk with You All

5B7-2MQ-HPF

• @mbun Editing shouldn't be in, at all. Delete and re-upload is as it should be IMO. What's the point of keeping stats if the level can be modified? The only editing that I would be in favour would be one in which you still lose the stats but keep the track ID.

Anyways guys, made a new level: HKQTYJVQG

Some puzzle solving, not too obtuse I hope. I love so much classic Mario graphics, not sure if I'll ever venture into making any 3D world level, anything after the SNES I find it painful to look at.

• @axel said:

But then what's stopping you from making a completely different level when editing it, meaning if you keep the stats/likes from the original they become irrelevant since they applied to something else entirely.

I don't see many people actually doing this.

it's understandable why it was left out since it could lead to all sorts of abuse

I can't think of any abuse you could do with it as long as it forces you to redo clear checks after edits.

@Phbz said:

What's the point of keeping stats if the level can be modified?

Just log the version numbers and keep the stats locked to their previous versions. Easy.

What yall don't get is how annoying it is when people have to delete their level, make tiny edits, reupload, and now it shows back up as a new level on your followed list and sometimes you don't realize you've already beaten it cause the flag is gone, and of course all the likes and general traffic are gone too, simply to fix little things found through play testing. It is like saying devs should never patch their games.

• At least making minor adjustments would be cool, but I am sure that would be hard to implement. What could they limit?

Plus if the level is reuploaded it may not get the pickup that it had before. Not really a happy medium either way. I will just have to playtest my levels more than once before uploading.

• @cptcobblepot Even playtesting my levels extensively, I forgot to save my level at the specific part of the level I wanted to show on the thumbnail for it, and had to delete and reupload just to fix that.

• @mbun Oh THAT's how you can choose the thumbnail?? Good to know!

• @mbun See and that happens. I feel like I play play tested my level a ton. However, I did do it all in one day and I was pretty excited to upload my first level ever.

The only solution is for them to offer some form of re-editing a level.

• @cptcobblepot I finally thought of an example where people could edit a shortcut to have a friend win an unbeatable fastest speed record on the level, then edit it back so nobody could ever top it as possible abuse to allowing editing, but that's such an unlikely edge case, and most would be super obvious if they did it. If you just tied records to a version history it'd also prevent this. There's ways to make it work. I just don't think they want to go through the effort to implement it.