The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan

• @dmcmaster I don't see why it would be out of the question. I mean - Konami owns Castlevania, and yet...

• @tokyoslim
    I'm just saying it's up to Namco who gets to make the film

• @dmcmaster I mean, you act as if there's a film. Or like, a lot of people clamoring to make horror video game movies in general. I'm just saying that it could be a possibility for a series or something.

• Looking at the latest trailer, is this a budget game?

• @iboshow
    Possibly, Amazon is selling it for $30.

If I had to guess Namco gave them X amount of money that's meant to be split between all 3 games in the Dark Pictures trilogy.

• Personally I think that turning something like Until Dawn or other choose-your-own-adventure style games into movies really defeats the point of those games.

• @el-shmiablo

I’d generally agree but have you seen Black Mirror Bandersnatch? It is on Netflix if you have that. It’s an interactive movie that actually uses a lot of video game theory in terms of input/output, as well as integrating our expectations into the plot and spinning it upside down.

It was essentially a Doki Doki Literature Club but on Netflix. It really used the media of Netflix to its advantage as well. If they made an Until Dawn like series, it would have to have the same video game DNA but also really use the film internet media to its advantage. Otherwise you’re just watching a teen horror flick.

It’s def possible to keep that Until Dawn DNA but it would be a challenge. Like, on the plus side, a film can skip the boring walking moments, but you’d lose half the other fun stuff like holding the controller still, choosing which path to run, QTE, etc.

• The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan - Multiplayer Reveal Trailer | PS4

Youtube Video

So we'll have Solo Story Mode, 2-5 Player Movie Night Mode and 2-Player Online Co-op. I'm sensing a great and lenghty EZA stream.

• @sentinel-beach Really good idea, I like when a dev can see how people are consuming their game and adjust future titles to complement those play styles. Totally want to play this with local co op.

• Very cool, local co-op / swapping characters is pretty much how I played Until Dawn and planned to play this one, so that's perfect. Those features will also help the game in terms of Twitch streaming.

Very excited for this one!