E3 2019: Ubisoft Discussion, Predictions, Reactions, and Analysis

• Hello everybody! Once again I'm launching the E3 threads (minus the PC Show because I feel disingenuous for creating a thread I know nothing on) one week prior to the shows to give everyone enough time to comment on what you want to see, think will happen, reactions to the conferences, and of course how you think it went.

This thread is all about Ubisoft, so what do you think they'll show? Will this be serious heavy with many different Tom Clancy games? Will they show off new IP? Will Just Dance break a record with how many platforms it will be announced for? What are you interested in?

Personally, this is the one show I have no stake in, as it was announced Beyond Good & Evil 2 will not be present. Still, press conferences are press conferences, and I'm excited to see what they have all the same!

Leave your thoughts below and I hope you have a happy E3!

• Skull & Bones canceled, goes back to the drawing board (at least I hope so)
    Beyond Good & Evil 2 gameplay trailer (i know they said it won't, but they said the same thing before it was revealed)
    Watchdogs 3 announced surprising everyone it takes place in rural Alabama and your on a mission to find out who killed your sistermother..
    For Honor 2 is announced/ teased
    Another crossover with Nintendo
    Just Dance will take up about 5-10 minutes of showtime

• Watch Dogs 3 starts the conference and Prince of Persia ends the conference.
    New ubiart game.
    Division 2 DLC has a celebrity villian.

• They're gonna make fun of that Splinter Cell "leak" tweet sometime ago, then proceed to show a new Splinter Cell. I hope.

Also...
    Ubisoft Presents: F-Zero

• It's real! Hyped to see this.

• Always appreciate it when a company takes a leak in stride.

• Coming up with five for Ubisoft was the hardest, but here's the five I've got. From least to most confident (and not really confident in any of them):

5.) The Just Dance segment will be longer than Ghost Recon Breakpoint's segment
    4.) New IP opens the show with a focus on single player, but will have multiplayer at launch
    3.) The Nintendo/Ubisoft collaboration continues with a Rabbids/Wario mini-games game, but Miyamoto won't be there for this one
    2.) The next DLC for The Division 2 will have a dedicated trailer
    1.) Watch Dogs Legion’s presentation will close and be 15-20 minutes and will first consist of a CG trailer, then developer(s) talking, a lengthy gameplay demo and ending on developer(s).

• I'm probably the only one wishing this, but a new Prince of Persia, now seems like a good time to get the IP in the public's eye with PS5 and Xbox Queso around the corner.

• @dmcmaster if you scroll up to your predictions / dreams you will see no mention of Prince of Persia but the next post after that you will see that I AM THE ONLY ONEEEEEEEE3

• @iboshow
    Guess I missed it

• Soooo coop scifi shooter with destructible environments? That actually sounds cool.

• Ubisoft has been my favorite conference the past couple years, so no specific expectations, but I hope they continue to be a fun time this year.

• I'm half expectig the AC symphony to burst into Just Dance

• The Gang Makes a Video Game! Lmao.

• @dmcmaster I made that same comment in chat. This conference so far feels very not Ubisoft this year.

• Welp. That's it, I guess. I'm completely down for Watch Dog Legion (amazing demo, best new game at E3 so far for me easily) and Gods & Monsters. I'm intrigued with Roller Champions, it looks fun, will try it out when it comes out. Everything else... is just meh. Quite disappointed with this one.

5/10

• Didn't live up to the expectations set from the previous couple years. Barely even felt like an Ubisoft Conference. Seemed like they were trying too hard to be Playstation in the void of them not at E3. A couple fun moments, but also weird stuff like the tv show. Not offensive, just glaringly average and not the identity they've worn in recent years. Started really awkward with the announcers after the average concert too. Extremely quick cut to postshow at the end. Just really weird overall, and not in a good goofy Ubisoft way.

• Sadly a poor Ubi show this year. So much Tom Clancy and military shooters. LUCKILY though there was Watch Dogs Legion which blew me away completely! I made a thread for the game immediately now.

• This conference had nothing for me, and the pacing felt a little all over the place, but unlike the previous conferences, it was steady: Not super high, not super low.

The "non-game" things felt a little unnecessary: The Assassin's Creed Symphony, Mystic Quest, and the Uplay Plus announcement were things I didn't feel like they belonged (but this IS Ubisoft, but still....)

Watch Dogs Legion showed the best and the best part of the conference overall.

The shoutcaster introduced Rainbow Six: Siege trailer, the Brawlhalla/Adventure Time crossover, Tom Clancy's Elite Squad, and the For Honor limited time mode trailer (Shadows of the Hitokiri), all were shoulder-shrugs from me.

With the amount of talking Ghost Recon: Breakpoint and The Division 2 received, (in addition to WD: Legion), there were only THREE games that had substantial showings. That said, I wish there was more information about Rainbow Six: Quarantine

The last two games, Roller Champions and Gods & Monsters, didn't really show the games that well.

Writing all this out and going over the notes, I'm on the fence about whether Ubisoft needed to do a conference. I went 2 for 5 on predictions, but I don't know how to feel.

At the end of the day, I think 6.5/10.