E3 2019: Nintendo Discussion, Predictions, Reactions, and Analysis

• Hello everybody! Once again I'm launching the E3 threads (minus the PC Show because I feel disingenuous for creating a thread I know nothing on) one week prior to the shows to give everyone enough time to comment on what you want to see, think will happen, reactions to the conferences, and of course how you think it went.

This thread is all about Nintendo, so what do you think they'll show? Will Animal Crossing be their main focus this year? Will Bayonetta 3 reveal itself? What will be the next Smash DLC character? What are you interested in?

Personally, while I have no stake in Nintendo, I'm more excited to see what they'll show off, because outside of Xbox, this Direct could have a lot of not only variety, but amount of really big announcements.

Leave your thoughts below and I hope you have a happy E3!

• Mother 3
    F-Zero Switch
    Star Fox Switch
    Kid Icarus 4
    Pikmin 4
    Metroid Prime 4 confirmed Holiday 2019

• @yoshi You... know they just recently completely restarted development on MP4, right?
    We won't be seeing that game for another year or two.

• @el-shmiablo that's their problem not mine.

• Apparently Gamestop's internal system has 20 new SKU's for Switch, one of which if $200 (Switch Mini?)

• Like I predicted in the general E3 hopes thread, I have a strong feeling that Mega Man X9 will be revealed by Capcom, and what better place to do it than in Nintendo's Direct?

Otherwise, apart from all the known quantities, I expect a new Smash DLC character to be announced and shadow-dropped, and another one simply shown/teased.

I feel they'll keep Bayonetta 3 under wraps until Astral Chain releases.

Maybe a new Zelda or Mario, but probably not, there's Link's Awakening for now. A Mario sports game would make sense, Strikers or Golf?

Mario + Rabbids 2 would be awesome, but maybe kept for Ubi's show.

I don't believe we'll see Metroid, but that other mysterious Retro game is bound to finally make an appearance, and will probably be the big surprise reveal of the show.

• I feel like Metroid Prime Trilogy HD is pretty much all but confirmed at this point, and it certainly would make the wait for 4 easier.
    I think well see a bit of Bayo3, but I feel like were gonna see a demo situation "Buy Astral Chain play the Bayo 3 demo early, also unlockable Bayonetta " or something like that.
    Probably too soon for another big Zelda, but I feel like we might see a glimpse of something, maybe some artwork or something.
    I feel like a "Oddesy 2" type sequel will be announced.
    I'd love to see more value added to NSO, SNES N64 and Gamecube games would be nice, better discounts, just something other then NES games.

• @dmcmaster i believe a link to the past and mario world were found in the data mine of the latest update

• @ff7cloud Link to the Past, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, and Super Mario World if I recall.
    Would be interesting to see a LttP and ALW get a dual pack.

• @dmcmaster I read ps4 also has a $200 sku, might be a collector's edition for a multi platform game

• I know a lot of people are sick of ports, but I'd still love the Prime Trilogy and the Zelda HD Remasters to happen! I'd also really like to see some more Kid Icarus. I remember Uprising being really good, and it'd be great to see that series continue, even if it's just a remaster of Uprising. My huge never-gonna-happen dream, as always, is a remake of Mother 3 (HD2D Octopath style?), or even just an EarthBound trilogy. Maybe one of these years it'll happen.

In terms of what I think is actually gonna happen, I'm not expecting too many huge new things. We already have Luigi's Mansion, Link's Awakening, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, and Town as far as I can remember. Of those, Animal Crossing is what I'm most excited about. I'll most likely be happy with whatever they show, but I really hope we can see some change in the scale of the series. If we're stuck with the same sized maps as New Leaf and we still can't move the camera, I'll be a little disappointed.

If we do get any reveals for new big things, an Odyssey 2 is becoming less of a longshot to me as time goes on, Pikmin wouldn't shock me, I think adding SNES games to Online is likely, and I also don't think a Zelda tease is totally out of the realm of possibility. Even though they're primarily only announcing games that will release within the year, I think Nintendo is also fine with have one or two long-term announcements at a time. I'm still trying to figure out what I'd want from the new big Zelda, but in general, I'm hoping for something similar to what Majora's Mask was to Ocarina of Time in relation to Breath of the Wild.

Oh yeah, and Sora for Smash please

• They better do Luigi's Mansion 3 justice by showing some gameplay or something after that flat announcement trailer.

• @bam541 Definitely needs another trailer, but I also hope they don't show too much. Those games are kind of small, and anything they show is ruining that content for when you play it. Might close my eyes if the trailer goes on too long.

• I'm honestly surprised we haven't gotten a remaster of Kid Icarus Uprising.

• @dmcmaster I'm not, because Sakurai is busy killing himself for Smash. That remaster really needs to happen though.

• @mbun
    Not like Nintendo couldn't hand it off to that studio that did Twilight Princess HD or something.
    Although I'm sure Smash is the reason we haven't seen a sequel.

• @dmcmaster said:

Not like Nintendo couldn't hand it off to that studio that did Twilight Princess HD or something.

DO NOT hand that game's port job off to the studio that did the absolute worst Zelda port to date.

• Will Doug Bowser bring the heat to this E3? probably not, but here are my long shot predictions anyway:

25% Chance:
    Super Mario Odyssey 2
    Monster Hunter Stories 2
    Sonic Mania 2
    Tomodachi Life 2
    new Ace Attorney game
    Bravely Third

1% Chance:
    Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars 2
    Scalebound
    Donkey Kong 64 Remake
    ZombiU2
    Super Bowser Odyssey

• I'm not a fan of ports but I think the only thing I hate more is mandatory motion controls. So I'd be very cool with Metroid Prime trilogy, Galaxy 1 and 2 and Skyward Sword ports with the option to use a regular controller.

• @e_zed_eh_intern Some of those would have to be reworked completely for that. I think of playing Wii games on Dolphin where you have to hold a trigger to enter pointer mode to drag it around with analog. That level of goofy.