E3 2019: Nintendo Discussion, Predictions, Reactions, and Analysis

• Direct is rumored to be about 45-50 minutes long.
    If true this is gonna be a meaty direct.

• I'm just super happy for Damiani right now. The way that Zelda reveal got him pretty much shocked and hyped at the same time was great to witness. :)

• And that Duck Hunt troll was just brilliant, man it took me by surprise. Laughed out loud. :D

• Wow. What a show! Nintendo has come along way since the Wii U days.

• Okay Nintendo. You win.
    Still waiting on that F-Zero tho.

• So that Dragon Quest Smash trailer had me hyped as hell, like seriously bravo on bringing in multiple hero's.
    The Banjo reveal will go into memedom soon enough (especially the Duck Hunt bit)
    Breath of the Wild 2 HYPE LEVELS INTENSIFYING, also Gannondorf?
    No More Heroes 3 Fucking Excited, especially if it continues building on the Suda-verse that Travis Strikes Again was building (also it would be a damn shame to not have the Killer 7 be a boss battle)
    Resident Evil 5 and 6 on Switch, not all that exciting but hey it's more RE on Switch, and maybe it's my imagination but maybe the trailer was sorta building up to RE7 on Switch (like a proper port, not the streaming version)
    I am damn curious to see how Witcher 3 runs on Switch, at the same time I can now play Witcher 3 in my bathtub while Gearlt is in a bathtub.
    Spyro on Switch is an awesome addition.
    Another MS owned title popped up on Switch (Super Lucky's Tale) very interesting to say the least
    Also Expansion Pass for Ultimate Alliance 3, so all the X-Men stuff we've been seeing is from the DLC or are we getting a handful of essential X-Men and more via DLC?

• @el-shmiablo
    Don't worry, one day we'll get F-Zero Yakuza

• Speaking as someone who isn't into Nintendo, this was FANTASTIC. I am VERY pleased with this year's Direct. A lot of variety and the big N is continuing its commitment of having at least one thing for everyone, both first and third party.

Having Smash being both the start and the false end was a great way to help space their announcements. While both fighters were the most popular calls, I still enjoyed their reveals, however, in Banjo's case, it was the SAME way they did King K. Rool, and I wish it was done different only for that reason. I also appreciate the transition into Dragon Quest XI after showing Dragon Quest in Smash.

While I did bet against it, I did enjoy Bowser's intro. The reason why I bet no was I was concerned they wouldn't do it without it being corny, but it was a decent way to package it.

Luigi's Mansion 3 and Link's Awakening Remake getting the deep-dives they did were also really well done, especially the latter with a dungeon builder!

The Dark Crystal game and the focus didn't do anything for me, but watching the Allies reinforce what I said above: These will be for somebody.

The Witcher III on Switch is ridiculous in a good way. Love the fact it's coming to Switch, but I do NOT have faith it'll work well.

The segment of this direct including Fire Emblem: Three Houses, the Resident Evil 5 and 6 ports, No More Heroes 3, Contra: Rogue Corps., and Daemon X Machina was one of two low points of the show, and it wasn't really bad, speaking the high quality of this presentation.

The Panzar Dragoon project was probably the one thing from this direct that appealed to me the most, and I'm curious if this is a remake or an entirely new game. I'm very curious to learn more.

I kind of feel like the Pokemon Sword/Shield wasn't really necessary.

Astral Chain's significant trailer and the surprising Emprie of Sin (if only because John Romero is working on it) preceded the second low segment that was Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Cadence of Hyrule, and Mario & Sonic at the Olympic games.

However, the Direct at this point strapped a rocket ship to itself and exploded into the highest levels of hype: Animal Crossing: New Horizons first unveiling, the Banjo-Kazooie reveal, and that which no needs introduction, and what will inarguably the biggest new game announcement of the show:

Breath. of the Wild. 2.

Should've waited on recording the podcast, huh? X-D

I hit 1.5/5 on predictions, but this show was great. 9/10 and personally a tie with Square for best conference.

• Luigis Mansion 3 looks great, Banjo in Smash, and BOTW 2... Bless Up

• Fantastic show. Easily the most consistently engaging conference in this year's E3. Great showings of upcoming big games, great pace, and cool surprises. I don't really have much to complain about, other than that weird RE trailer. 9/10

• Also fucking laughed at the Fire Emblem trailer
    "What should we do Teach?"
    "KILL THEM ALL!!!!"

• I can't way to see The Witcher 3 running on single digits

Also fucking finally my boy Banjo gets his place, the DQ characters are the least interesting possible thing for me but oh well not all characters can be good.

And NMH3 is also great to see.

• Nintendo just won E3

Youtube Video

• Also, as someone who cares about practicality above all else, I really want to replay Witcher 3 on Switch. I honestly don't care about the graphics and performance, the idea of playing that on the go is too cool for me. Don't have a Switch yet though, lol.

• Also, this is kinda wholesome.

• @bam541 I wonder if this opens the door for a Diddy Kong Racing remaster.

• Damn! Awesome E3 for Nintendo. I wish I liked BOTW but I just can't get thaaaat into it. I want to force myself to get into it again because the first 4 hours I played that game was magical but then it fell off for me. Its a shame because I love the art direction and this new trailer for Zelda looks really good but I struggle to get through BOTW.

Animal Cross though!!

• Bias is definitely part of this, but Nintendo's Direct was the Conference of the show for me, even after I said they'd have a hard time topping Square Enix, which I also enjoyed immensely. Treehouse today has taught me that I'm not yet fully equipped to go into this, so I'll check back in two days, but for now let's just say I cried.

• WTF is Retro doing.

• @iboshow prime 4