Watch Dogs Legion

• opens eBay

• It does look great
    Youtube Video

• @el-shmiablo Wow I'm the opposite. Egypt really did nothing for me but Greece was wonderful.

• @capnbobamous Yeah I've heard that. I'm apparently in a minority on this.
    I'm 20 hours into Odyssey and I haven't encountered the same magic I got playing Origins. This might have something to do with the fact that I give negative fucks about the naval stuff. Like literally miss me with anything involving a boat.

• Update: the patch didn't help me. However switching to DirectX 11 did help. No ray-tracing of course, but 1440p 60 FPS is on high is a lock.

• Quick thoughts, was going to do more with the video but the audio of my gameplay was like tripled for some reason (although I think I know why)
    Youtube Video

• @el-shmiablo Not to derail the thread, but I am just much more interested in Greek history than Egyptian. Also I love the naval stuff so that could be part of it.

• Watch Dogs: Legion was much shorter than I expected, but just as fun & playful as I expected. DirectX 12 performance problems are serious, but DirectX 11 works fine, so if ray tracing isn't for you, it's totally worth $15 (Ubisoft+ price).

P.S. My final team, lead in the center:
    0_1604251488838_Watch Dogs Legion 01.11.jpg

• @ffff0
    Ubisoft +?

• @dmcmaster It's Ubisoft subscription service. $15/month - full access to their catalog (including DLCs). Formerly known as Uplay+.

• Just listened to Huber's opinion on this game on the latest Frame Trap, and man it really sucked out the hype I have left for this game. It just seems to be lacking in parts that WD2 excelled at, and it doesn't have enough other cool things to compensate. I might just buy WD2 again on the PS4 and replay that instead, that game gets discounted so often that it's kinda ridiculous I haven't bought it yet.

• @bam541
    Honestly I'd say wait till you see the ultimate edition of Legion on sale for under around $30. At least that way you get the game, it's DLC and apparently a remastered version of Watchdogs 1?(maybe, just saw Watchdogs complete edition get rated for PS5)

• The Black Friday sales are here on the EU PSN, and Legion is 35% off! It's crazy to see such a price drop only 3 weeks after launch, I don't understand why Ubisoft discount their games so much so quickly. A 10-15% discount would have been more reasonable.

People will just learn to never buy their games at launch, it's a weird strategy.

• Got it cheaper thru Amazon thru pre order guarantee, apparently it dropped to $25 at some point.

That said I'm not touching the game again till the DLC is out, and on sale

• Been playing Legion quite a lot lately and it's rather dry and tepid. Plaudits should be given where they should as Ubisoft have done a really good job of making the world thriving through its connectedness, making Legion in true Ubisoft fashion-a massive and socially-connected juggernaut where London is the ultimate hackable city. Unfortunately in most respects it's threadbare and chore-like, which favours the Deadsec team aesthetic over the individuality of the team members and their traits. Granted the unique skills and occupations are cool to see and experience at first, but they run together the more members you add to Deadsec, meaning the pool of abilities are shallower than you might think. Missions of course include hacking into this and that, using drones and a spiderbot to access otherwise unreachable areas. Diving a drone deep into cybernetic circuitry is rather awesome, the same with the techy platforming where you navigate and leap using your gadgets-but all this becomes routine all too quickly and repetition sets in to make Legion predictable and unexciting. Legion's sense of humour is try-hard, trying to be like a technology-infused Saints Row albeit not funny and lacking in substance. When your chummy Deadsec audio companion says it's be awesome to see you drink and play darts-there is no hilarity that ensues, you just drink the beer, play the darts and that's it-now in a humorous alternative maybe your characters would be slobbering around the pub, throwing up on people's shoes and being an utter drunkard lunatic-but nothing in Legion goes the extra mile to be memorable or funny-you are just an obedient Deadsec employee doing predictable hack jobs Not that there are bright spots along the way, but more focus and variety would've served Legion very well, but the end result is simultaneously open and restrictive.