Marvel's Avengers (Square Enix)

• Oh shit, had they had shown the steel book I would of gotten a physical copy.

That said I do like how the game introduced each character giving you two missions to get a grasp on just how they function and work, with Black Widows being the only unfair one (let's introduce you to 3 new enemies while still getting to understand this new character).

Also this might sound dum but I do like that for the most part I don't see Avengers suffering from one of my biggest issues with Destiny, it's got a good story, like an actual decent story, and it doesn't suffer from having a more interesting lore hidden away on a separate website, granted there are 10 years of tangently related movies that fill in some of the lore gaps but those are far more easily accessible and easy to get ahold of.

• Ended up beating it today, campaign is roughly the same length as Destiny.

Maybe it's me but I swear Captain America has some permanent XP boost attached to him or something, as I got him from level 1-12 in 2 missions, although I imagine it has something to do with how difficulty and XP is calculated.

• Finished up the campaign over the long weekend. I enjoyed it, I think it started off really strong but doesn't really hit those highs again through out the rest of the campaign but it was still enjoyable and interesting through out. Now that im in the end-game ;) I thought my interest would lessen but I'll still invested. Mostly because a couple of the characters didn't unlock till later in the campaign and I'm very much enjoying leveling up and learning those characters.

Don't really see myself completing the battle passes and all that so for new characters I won't be buying those and just have to come to the realization that I'm not gonna have all the coolest skins and emotes and I think I can live with that.

• @dmcmaster Maybe lower level characters get a boost depending on how many higher level characters you have? Some GAAS and MMO do this.

• Just wanted to update, post campaign and I'm still enjoying this thing. I liked the story, that was a big selling factor but I thought I'd bounce off once I was done but it's just so fun to smash robits as the different Avengers. Getting deeper into the skill trees and that's been really fun too. Still don't focus much on gear other then equipping the highest level stuff and upgrading it to unlock all perks. Don't think I'll ever get super into the battle pass stuff but I do hope to unlock the extra takedown that's like 6 levels in on all the heros (maybe not Ms.Marvel who I don't really play as).

• May as well post this for coherence:

Youtube Video

• @jdincinerator Just watched this and I agree with Huber. The combat in this game is fun and it's pretty fun playing as all the different characters even if I personally have my own preferences. I don't have any characters even close to max right now as I've been switching a lot between iron man, cap and thor but I think this might be a slow burn type of game I jump in and out of for awhile. Very much looking forward to future characters/villains and story elements.

• After trying out Destiny 2 for a couple days and being sorely disappointed with how bad it is at introducing the game to new players, I'm kinda considering buying this now since I'm still feeling the itch for games like this (especially with people saying the main story is pretty good), but man, judging from what I have seen and heard from the Allies, this game just seems like a mess right now. Maybe I should wait for a bit before jumping in.

• @bam541 While it will be changing in D2 very shortly, there was a vendor in the hanger that would put you on the MSQ. It's really dumb that they essentially hide the main campaign from new players, I agree.

• @bam541 Avenger's is a hard game to recommend right now. If you're a true believer then I'd think the appeal of playing a AAA avengers game could have already sold you as it did myself. Otherwise if that angle isn't a big appealing aspect of the game then your kinda left with a decent if not a little repetitive campaign and an endgame that is still very much developing. If CD can stick to their road map of years of support with lots of new characters/villians/areas this game will only get better the longer you wait. Personally I'm still enjoying this sucker, working on building up Thor and Cap now and then will work on Iron Man then Black Widow.

• Finally finished the campaign after two weeks. My gaming hours have shortened into just a few per night after a new job.

Really liked the story. I think Kamala's role was very well written and utilized in the plot. She's a super sweet person and the way she just wants to do good works neatly every time she's on screen. Sandra Saad, her voice actress, does a wonderful job.

Cap's propably my favourite character to play, at least at the moment. His shield actions and attacks are just so satisfying. Even the sound the shield always makes. And throwing it feels equally good, very nice job done with Rogers here.

I feel like the game will be now sort of easier to approach in a way after the story is finished. Starting the grind side of a GaaS game. Just play a mission or two anytime you want, sometimes more and slowly but surely all the better loot items will fill my pockets and the level cap gets nearer every time. Two different Hawkeyes are also in the horizon, in the Q4 (right?). This'll be good. Continue being good.

• @sentinel-beach Nice and congratulations on the new job. Now that you're in the endgame (its so dumb that makes me laugh) you're sadly come to bear some of the other issues with the game that you don't run across while playing the campaign. Most are kinda minor things like having to accept daily task from people in two different locations and their repeating dialogue for each accept. I assume these things will get ironed out sooner or later.

For myself I'm still enjoying it mostly for the carrots on the sticks, I still want to max level Cap and Iron Man as well as earn at least their additional takedowns through the battle pass. I think those goals will keep me busy for a while and I assume its that kinda stuff that will carry most people to continue to play until new content comes, which I think people are thinking Kate will be added at the end of Oct.

• I made the right decision waiting to play this game.
    As usual.

• Resent patch has really made a difference to the games performance

• I'm finding it much easier to get people in matchmaking, otherwise I wasn't getting a ton of bugs before and I'm still not. Or at least I'm just not noticing them.

• So played about a hour last night, and the game runs oh so much better now especially in performance mode and no longer has the the sideshow look some of the more intense fights can have.