Marvel's Avengers (Square Enix)

• The Avengers leaked footage

I haven't even watched it yet, just sharing. Not that I 100% condone these leaks... but I'm sharing it regardless.

EDIT:

I watched it. I don't think it looks bad, but I don't think it looks great either. To me, it looks like a really high budget brawler game with Marvel characters. Its definitely going to appeal to the masses but I'm not too into these kinds of games anymore. Not my cup of tea, a little disappointing, but it definitely doesn't look bad nor great.

• I see a lot of potential in that video, but I'm also a Marvel fanboy, so there's that. Iron Man, Hulk and Widow especially seemed really cool to control and acted visually great. Cap was in a small area only and there really wasn't much Thor material at all. Would've been cool if they'd shown this, or at least 10-15 seconds of every character's gameplay if not the whole video.

• @sentinel-beach

I'm with you, from what I could make out from this leaked footage it looks cool. I'm also a marvel fanboy who's really looking forward to this game and I'm really not that disappointed. My only concern from what was shown is the faces were off putting at first. After watching the trailers a couple times I'm already getting use to them. Again, I'd be more worried about the faces if I didn't play Spider Man, Peter's face was also off putting but now I don't even notice it.

Still need to learn so much more about how this game really works but I'm hyped.

• The behind-the-scenes video from E3 is now officially up for everyone to watch, almost 19 minutes.

Marvel's Avengers: A-Day Prologue Gameplay Footage [EN ESRB]
    Youtube Video

I still think that the Hulk and Black Widow have my favourite showings in this and now I'd put Cap up in the Top3 as well. Nice fighting and coreography. Thor's a bit underwhelming and Iron Man doesn't really do much. But of course this is still a heavily scripted tutorial prologue thing with very little room for freedom to do as you please with the characters. The audiovisual side works really well for me, I feel this'll be a good game and story.

• @sentinel-beach

Overall I enjoyed what I saw. Like others have said previously my biggest gripe is the writing. For me a lot of the banter wasn't really landing and just isn't up to the high standards the films achieved. Some of this also lands at the feet of the voice acting and their direction. While some lines are kinda flat, better direction in the booth could have given them more life. For example when Thor tells the person he's saving they are luckily cuz he is mighty, a more over the top delivery could have give the line more humor.

Overall still very excited to play this game, really interested in the story and I'm impressed with the high level of visuals. Expectations are just a little more tempered now.

• I'm hoping that the costumes look terrible because, being a Destiny style game, you'll be changing out gear and mixing/matching your own.

• @el-shmiablo I've never played Destiny. Does this mean it will be more "tunnels" rather than open world?

• @e_zed_eh_intern Destiny has a pretty open world. It is sectioned off into Zones and those zones have several subsections and smaller areas to explore.

I don't think we'll get a fully explorable New York or anything, but I think we'll probably do quite a bit of exploring, that is if the game is similar to Destiny in that regard.

• Kamala Khan joining up. Those brief gameplay scenes looked fun, her abilities with all that stretching and those huge limbs during the combat.

Marvel's Avengers - Kamala Khan Embiggen Trailer - PS4
    Youtube Video

• @sentinel-beach

With every news I am getting more and more excited about it. Since the first trailer I'm on board with the story! I don't care a lot about online part; I am just happy that story is not just there for the sake of it. Interactive Avengers movie, that's the stuff. Also, I was thinking to just rent it and finish the story when it released but CE can change my mind about purchasing it.

alt text

Marvel's Avengers Earth's Mightiest Edition, which includes items inspired by actual in-game events like the Avenger's insignia, the Iron Man suit's blueprints, the mandatory Avengers-themed steelcase, a Hulk bobblehead, Black Widow's emblem, Thor's Mjolnir keychain, and Captain America's memorial statue.

https://gamefragger.com/multiplatform/marvels-avengers-crystal-dynamics-on-how-long-it-will-take-to-beat-the-upcoming-game-a17344

• https://youtu.be/LuNYts14bUo
    Literally Destiny
    (I'm not even mad. I love Destiny.)

• This game looks so bad. i mean Deus Ex died for this? really?

it looks like tomb raider with avengers and loot system.

• Ok so based on my preferences; this game looks like dog shit.

With that said, it looks like a high budget and high quality version of Destiny / COD / Ubisoft game but with the Avengers. The Outer Worlds just proved that you don't need one degree of innovation to be fantastic. Again, this looks like a nightmare of a game, but considering millions of people like these types of games PLUS you get to be an Avenger, I actually think they made the right choice in making fans happy while guaranteeing profits.

Despite the gameplay I've seen being the equivalent of dated ass PS2 brawler mechanics (i.e. Iron Man flying and being attacked by other flying people = Pegasus scene in God of War II from 2007), but it still looks good if you know what I mean?

Like - I'm hating on this game... but I think it'll be good for a lot of people. It doesn't look like a cheap cash in. It looks like an expensive unambitious safe play that'll be satisfying.

• @dipset Based on my preferences, this game is right up my alley.
    They copied the UI, map, and itemization of Destiny to an almost comical degree. Like that part where they show how items work and how you access missions, literally just reskinned Destiny.
    Now my only concern is the gameplay. Destiny gets a pass from me because while it has all those live service trappings, the gameplay is also fucking superb. Like I would legit put it up there with Doom in terms of how great the gunplay and movement mechanics work.
    Being a huge Marvel Stan, I think I'll still find some enjoyment from the game even if it doesn't hit those same high points that Destiny does.
    Seriously excite.

• Seeing how much time/enjoyment i've been getting out of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 makes me very excited for this game. I'd agree from the footage shown I wouldn't be too surprised if the game-play doesn't feel super great like a God of War or DMC but I'll mostly be there day 1 for the story. I think adding Ms.Marvel was a fantastic move for the narrative and while none of the recent loot games have really hooked me this as all the trappings to finally be able to do so. Can't wait to see more and finally get it next year.