Trials of Mana (Switch, PS4, PC)

• Youtube Video

https://gematsu.com/2019/06/trials-of-mana-is-the-most-action-heavy-game-in-the-series-fully-voiced

The project began moving around two years ago.

Unlike Secret of Mana, the reason we are making a significantly bolder remake with this game is because this title was never released overseas, so we hope to introduce it as a completely new title.

In Secret of Mana, you were able to fight while changing weapons, but since your weapons were fixed in Trials of Mana, we heard from users that was no good, so with the remake we wanted to fix that.

Elements such as combos and jump attacks have been implemented in the remake. It’s being made so you can really enjoy the action parts.

Since action performance differs based on the character, your experience with the game will change based on who you’re playing as.

There is no multiplayer.

Event scenes are pretty much fully voiced. 30-plus characters all have proper voices.

This will fly under the radar compared to other big announcements, but this is possibly the most exciting one for me. Not only are they bringing Trials of Mana (until now only known as Seiken Densetsu 3) to the West for the first time over 20 years after its release, they are giving us a full remake!

The collection being localized was already one of my wildest dreams for this E3, and they went a step above that!

Thank you Square, you're doing it right!

• I love the way in which they are acknowledging what we here never got the chance to buy, that's really amazing for a company to think about these days.

I'd be more supportive for a translated port though, that's the official game we deserved. Romancing Saga 3? That has my strong support and shows they can do it. I don't trust or really want remakes.

• Some very interesting tidbits in this article: https://www.gameinformer.com/preview/2019/06/11/decades-in-the-making

With Trials of Mana, the developers wanted to put their best foot forward for the game's first introduction to western shores, so there was an engine change to Unreal Engine 4 and more resources put into making it look good.

The partner A.I. has improved since previous games. Taking feedback (and complaints) from other Mana titles, the developers have overhauled the A.I. for Trials.

The developers had no idea there was a cult following in the West thanks to a fan translation at first. After the project was greenlit, the developers began searching on the internet about it and found the fan translation for the first time.

The producers want to remake the entire series eventually, so there may be something for Legend of Mana if Trials of Mana sells well. They also want to eventually make new Mana games that channel the series' origins better.

Oyamada said that Collection of Mana was Switch-exclusive because they had to actually get the code for the games from Nintendo, meaning the Switch made sense.

• @sheria said:

I'd be more supportive for a translated port though, that's the official game we deserved.
    I don't trust or really want remakes.

Then good news for you, they also released that as part of a collection, and it is out now:
    Youtube Video

• @mbun said in Trials of Mana (Switch, PS4, PC):

@sheria said:

I'd be more supportive for a translated port though, that's the official game we deserved.

Then good news for you, they also released that as part of a collection, and it is out now:
    Youtube Video

Needs to be ported or have the third game included in the Remake. It's so weird that they acknowledge that the West never got this and then get most people a game that doesn't seem to play like that one we never got.

• @mbun said in Trials of Mana (Switch, PS4, PC):

@sheria said:

Nice! the physical edition launches August 27 though, so I'll wait for that.

• @sacred-arfaid But there's both. The original game we never got as part of the collection, and a 3D remake of that game coming next year.

I just bought the Collection, need to put my money where my mouth is after hoping for this game for years. Very excited to finally play the sequel to one of my favourite games ever, even though it may not have aged so well.

• The collection is only on Switch.

• @sacred-arfaid Buy a Switch.