Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)

• Hustle and bustle of modern life’s got you down?
    Tom Nook has a new business venture up his sleeve that he knows you’ll adore:
    Youtube Video

The Nook Inc. Deserted Island Getaway Package!🌴Sure, you’ve crossed paths with colorful characters near and far. Had a grand time as one of the city folk. May’ve even turned over a new leaf and dedicated yourself to public service! But deep down, isn’t there a part of you that longs for…freedom? Then perhaps a long walk on the beach of a deserted island, where a rich wealth of untouched nature awaits, is just what the doctor ordered!

Peaceful creativity and charm await as you roll up your sleeves and make your new life whatever you want it to be. Collect resources and craft everything from creature comforts to handy tools. Embrace your green thumb as you interact with flowers and trees in new ways. Set up a homestead where the rules of what goes indoors and out no longer apply. Make friends with new arrivals, enjoy the seasons, pole-vault across rivers as you explore, and more!

This new addition to the Animal Crossing series launches March 20, 2020, exclusively for the Nintendo Switch system.

Reveal Teaser🌴E3 2019 Treehouse

*ᵀʰᶦˢ ᵗᵒᵖᶦᶜ ᵐᵒˢᵗˡʸ ᵇʳᵒᵘᵍʰᵗ ᵗᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ᵇʸ ᵗʰᵉ ²⁰¹⁹ ᴱ³ ᴺᴵᴺᵀᴱᴺᴰᴼ ᴾʳᵉˢˢ ᴷᶦᵗ
    **ᵀʰᶦˢ ᵖᵒˢᵗ ʷᶦˡˡ ᵖʳᵒᵇᵃᵇˡʸ ᵇᵉ ᵘᵖᵈᵃᵗᵉᵈ ᵖᵉʳᶦᵒᵈᶦᶜᵃˡˡʸ
    ***🌴ᴴᵃᵛᵉ ᵃ ᶜᵒᵐᶠʸ ᵈᵃʸ

• Tom Nook has always been horrible but now he’s Ja Rule horrible. Sunnova sends you to damn Fyre fest and expects you to foot the bill.

I hope this game goes a little Lord of the Flies in the end.

• This is definitely not incidental.

• IGN reveals 15 new details after interview with the lead devs

This paints a much clearer picture of the game we're getting.

• Size comparison between New Horizons and previous games:
    0_1560626133733_1560617137619.jpg

• Literally just the sims with talking animals....

• Youtube Video

Will edit with some analysis later, but need to sleep now.

Edit: This won't be everything, but I'll try to cover the things I find significant or interesting:

The most significant new thing shown but not talked about is some kind of stamina system, but relax it is only for bigger actions like digging up an entire fully grown tree to replant elsewhere. This system appears to be replenished by eating fruit, giving a new use to that.

Halfsteps for furniture placement was definitively confirmed, even for outside no less!

Throwing fishing bait out before fishing in the spot is shown off. At E3 the devs mentioned making fishing bait from clams dug up on the beach, but it was unclear whether you baited your rod with this or tossed it out like chumming. This appears to be the latter, using your bait to attract fish around the spot you're fishing.

You can also observe new dress types that seem to flow with the weather around you.

We see a new hairstyle that you can tell isn't a wig because the player puts on a flower crown on top of it.

There's a bait tin or expanded storage back accessory as well as a dufflebag shown.

There's a mushroom colony shown off in the autumn.

Night was shown off at a clearer angle, giving us a glimpse of how literally dark this game can get.

The traditional grass patterns that appeared splotchy around the island in the E3 trailer and demo have been reverted closer to something more in line with past games, appearing all over instead, and the snow patterns missing completely from the E3 footage have thankfully been worked in as well. This was a frequent concern I saw among the community.

Confirmation for how the new pathing tool that is hopefully replacing Grass Deterioration works. By using it multiple times on a single tile, you can adjust the path on the tile to a curved path, which thankfully isn't automatic, because that would've been limiting.

Although shown off briefly in the E3 trailer, we see more examples of different kinds of wreaths and accessories placed upon the doors of houses on the island, confirming this as a new method of customization, many of which having a handcrafted appearance.

Money rocks were confirmed for this new entry. I remember some worry around E3 about this being cut due to the new crafting materials harvested from rocks, but seems like one each day will still dole out some bells instead or before changing to crafting materials when struck.

That's all for now, like mentioned elsewhere this trailer was mostly just a refresher of stuff shown off during the E3 Treehouse Segment for the game. Any other major new features seem to be held back for now, possibly for some future Animal Crossing dedicated Direct before release. This game is already a major graphical overall and has things like starting a town (on an island) from scratch, the new crafting system, and eight player online multiplayer to separate it from past entries however, so don't be fooled into thinking this is just the next one but on the Switch. The team is clearly pouring lots of work into this new entry now that Splatoon isn't consuming them, and I can't wait until we get our next look.

• Here's the deep dive from the professionals:
    Youtube Video

Only thing I toss out alongside this, that the video was unaware of, is they actually have confirmed you can influence where villagers live if you don't like the spot they initially set up.