Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)

• @keir I don't participate in that whole scene, but I occasionally see people talking about it, and it sounds like once your hack your Switch you dual launch with it, either into the normal bootup with games you've purchased that you can take online or the hacked bootup that will be banned if it tries to access anything online immediately, even the eShop. So in theory, even after you hacked the sucker, you could maintain your Animal Crossing town when you're booting normally with it. You'd just have to be careful when you're doing the backdoor shady stuff and make sure you don't take it online by accident.

• From the eShop page here in the UK:

“This game does not support the Save Data Cloud functionality of Nintendo Switch Online. However, the ability to recover Animal Crossing: New Horizons save data from the server in the event of console failure, loss or theft will be available to Nintendo Switch Online members sometime in the future.”

“Animal Crossing: New Horizons does not support the ability to transfer your save file from one Nintendo Switch console to another.”

To me, “console failure”, “loss” and “theft” would all require the save data to be recovered to a new console, so I remain optimistic.

• 0_1581126352498_EQLu1jQW4AAB8RM.png

Kotaku reporting that the Coronavirus won't impact Switch sales in North America and Europe.

For those preloading New Horizons now, remember that if you eject your SD Card to install New Horizons directly to Switch Internal Memory you'll get the fastest load times, which will probably add up over time in a game like Animal Crossing.

• @mbun said in Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch):

remember that if you eject your SD Card to install New Horizons directly to Switch Internal Memory you'll get the fastest load times

Oh, thanks for this!
    I'm always conflicted over physical or digital purchases but getting AC physical just seems wrong lol

• @thedemonpirate It is a game you play a little every day, so physical is really annoying for it, and carts have the slowest load speeds.

• @thedemonpirate also bear in mind that when you have a game you want to install to the internal memory you have to totally power off the console to remove the sd (of course). and when updates and dlc go to install they will still target the sd unless you remove it again for those.

• @keir Yeah I was looking at my data management today and it was weird seeing stuff installed to the internal memory when I had the SD card since day 1. They were all updates.
    It's annoying having to delete and then reinstall everytime.
    I think AC will be the only game installed on system memory for me.

• New Horizon's Product Page has confirmed that New Horizons will be making some use of the Nintendo Switch Online Mobile App:
    0_1581219593657_app.png

• Is that likely about voice chat?

• @keir Could be related to sharing patterns like Smash or the site Super Mario Maker had back during Wii U days. Could be related to voice chat. Could be some outside shopping store like Splatoon has. We'll just have to wait and see.