Whats your Top 3 best and least fav games shown at E3?

• @sheria
    On the bright side of FF7 from what I hear there was a second demo of FF7 that was mostly reserved for press (TV's were actually optimized for games) and might have been running on a more recent build of the game, as (at least according to Maximillian) the frame rate was unlocked.
    Hopefully be release FF7R can do a solid 60fps like KH3

• @sheria said in Whats your Top 3 best and least fav games shown at E3?:

Cyberpunk 2077.

I dislike the way In which they used a well known Hollywood actor in the reveal, the game still looks fantastic. I cant wait.

They have to use him to create the hype as a result its most talk feature this year E3. its a freaking John Wick. best movie trilogy ever.

beside what i hope is its finally Deus Ex 1 successor and it feel more like Deus Ex than witcher and im in.

• Best

1. Collection of Mana / Trials of Mana Remake. Secret of Mana is one of my favorite rpgs, so needless to say, I've been waiting on Seiken Densetsu 3 since I read about it in Nintendo Power way back in the day. My hope was renewed when Squenix remade the first Star Ocean for PSP, as we'd never gotten that game in the west before either. And now here we are! The dream is reality!

2. Final Fantasy VIII Remaster. FF8 was my first mainline Final Fantasy (Mystic Quest doesn't count, shout out to it's sick soundtrack though!) I remember being (and still kinda am) blown away by the cutscenes. I had a crush on Selphie. And hearing an actual song with lyrics in a game (Eyes on Me) took my breath away. A few years ago I tried to go back to replay it, but damn, outside of cutscenes there's a whole lot of ugly going on. You can't even make out the characters' faces through the mess of pixels. I'd pretty much given up hope of it ever happening since I'd heard they'd lost the source code and there were rights issues involving Eyes on Me, but here it is!

3. Astral Chain. I was already sold on another Platinum game, but then the cherry on the top was that Masakazu Katsura is doing the art. Video Girl Ai is one of my favorite manga, so yeah, this dude is amazing. But then the Direct and Treehouse sold me even more!

Worst

1. Ubisoft's Shooter Shooter Shooter Conference. They all began to blur together for me after a little bit. I couldn't even tell you how many different games were talked about...

2. Star Wars. Let me dismember dudes with my lightsabre! It's 2019!

3. Bethesda clap clap clap clap clap clap whooooo!

Shoutouts to: FF7R (looks sick as hell), GhostWire Tokyo (another Tango game, Ikumi Nakamura's energy, and looking up what she's done has me really confident), PSO2 (Happy for Ben), Tales of Arise (a good looking Tales game?!), SaGa announcements (I'm sure this is someone out there's Mana), Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem 3 Houses, BotW Sequel (!!!), and the Forza Lego car.

• I can't get Cyberpunk out of my mind so obviously that, but on top of that I'm also mildly interested in the new Watchdogs, which considering I have never cared whatsover about it I have to say it's a huge win.

Aside from that I liked a good amount of other games but nothing too impactful for me personally.

AS for loses

Bleeding Edge is truly something I not only don't care for but something I'm sad seeing Ninja Theory working on.

Pokemon I didn't expect a lot of progress but it is sad how that series is just stuck forever in the same place and now that this is also the console game it seems even less likely that a talented developer could work on a spinoff instead of Game Freak.

Gears 5, does anybody even care anymore about this franchise, and did anybody ever care about its characters very weird for me.

• @minamik said:

Star Wars. Let me dismember dudes with my lightsabre! It's 2019!

I don't mind this personally, but I totally understand where you're covering from when it has been marketed as a more serious Star Wars story, yet they're still making it friendly to kids.

@bard91 said:

now that this is also the console game it seems even less likely that a talented developer could work on a spinoff instead of Game Freak

Has less to do with the main series finally releasing on console and more to do with all the spinoffs being thrown to mobile hell these days.

• @mbun Everyone is always getting messed up in the movies, but we never get it in the games. Vader chops off Luke's hand, Obi Wan cleaves Darth Maul in half. It wouldn't even be very bloody, cause I imagine the lightsabre immediately cauterizes whatever wound it creates.

• Banned

@minamik said in Whats your Top 3 best and least fav games shown at E3?:

@mbun Everyone is always getting messed up in the movies, but we never get it in the games. Vader chops off Luke's hand, Obi Wan cleaves Darth Maul in half. It wouldn't even be very bloody, cause I imagine the lightsabre immediately cauterizes whatever wound it creates.

Double standard would let the movies get away with PG-13 and PG ratings and immediately slap an M-rating on the game. Though, to be fair, you might have one mutilation in the movie versus three hundred hundred in the game. The game looks lame as of right now anyway.

• @bard91 Gears will still sell 100x more than your precious (sub 70 metascore) Shenmue 3.

• @hazer oh definitively, it has still lost most of the relevance it once had, and I don't care about Shenmue in the slightest tbh.

• Best:
    Romancing Saga 3
    Transistor (physical)
    Tifa (not Remake, just Tifa)

Worst:
    Some one mentioned Bethesda, I'll second that
    Some of the follow-up news for FF7 Remake
    Leaks, I didn't personally care for the leak things, but they ruin surprises for people.
    Not really much on actual games, but if I don't like a game, I just ignore it.

• @bard91 said in Whats your Top 3 best and least fav games shown at E3?:

Gears 5, does anybody even care anymore about this franchise

Yes!

and did anybody ever care about its characters very weird for me.

Yes!

My Top 3 were games whose presentations exceeded my expectations and raised my hype levels; conversely My Bottom 3 were games whose presentations underwhelmed and felt like missed opportunities. There were known games whose demonstrations I loved, DOOM Eternal, that showed nothing new and thus failed to make the list. Additionally, there were new games I was excited for, Ghostwire: Tokyo, that felt mostly conceptual and will be on the shortlist for this category at E3 2020.

Top 3

1. Luigi's Mansion 3 - The footage shown in the direct was everything I was hoping to see. While I never played Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon on the 3DS, my understanding is that it became more segmented with multiple mansions and a mission structure. That may work for a handheld device, but it isn't what I want after 18 years of waiting for a true sequel on console. Instead we've seen a commitment to a single location with a massive hotel that is oozing with the same charm the made the original so special.
    2. Psychonauts 2 - This game wasn't on my radar at all prior to E3, so what was shown might not have even been new. However, being the newest addition to Xbox Game Studios allowed this trailer to make a fresh impression on a lot of people, including me. I remember thinking the original was ugly when it released in 2005; thankfully new technology has really allowed the art style to shine 14 years later. Its showing prompted me to do some research on why the original is regarded as a cult classic, and has me excited to see the sequel
    3. Microsoft Flight Simulator - I didn't see this one coming despite my expectation that we would see a popular Microsoft IP revived at the conference. This is a rare instance where a beautiful trailer is all that really needs to be shown. Even if you never played a flight simulator before, I doubt you have any questions about how the game plays. This was just a feel good announcement, and I can't wait to boot this up on Scarlett.

Bottom 3

1. Gears 5 - Despite being my most desired game of 2019, this presentation was a total flop. They've long touted this entry as their chance to shake the Gears of War franchise up, and whiffed on showcasing that on gaming's biggest stage. Following what was shown during E3 2018, it was a total step backwards. Don't want to show off the campaign? Fine. Want to show off a new multiplayer mode? Fine. But you can't waste the 6 minutes you were allotted during the conference on a weird Kait trailer, Rod talking, a strange CG trailer for a new PvE mode, a Mixer stream advertisement, and the announcement of the damn Terminator being playable for early adopters. I have a lot of faith in the actual game, but I feel their marketing is going to let it down.
    2. Wasteland 3 - inXile CEO, Brian Fargo, was stoked to finally have one of his games show up on an E3 stage and I'm sad this is what was presented. It didn't seem to show off the game's strengths and I doubt it impressed anyone. The game looks great and I trust the studio, it just didn't feel like they put their best foot forward. Compare this to some of the games we've seen from the recent Xbox Game Studios additions and it was clearly a step behind.
    3. Gods and Monsters - This trailer came across as a mobile Zelda: Breath of the Wild clone, why wasn't more shown? With its release coming in February, and a solid developer behind it - you have to show something past that debut trailer. Ubisoft has a tendency to end their shows with a cool announcement, but this fell flat.

• People complaining about the segmented nature of luigis mansion dark moon really got to play dark moon again. Its like Mario 64, you come back to a area, things changed about it you do different things. I personally liked the segmented nature because it makes the areas you go through way more relevent for longer

• @bigdude1 You can say the same for some of the newer Paper Mario and Shantae games, but I don't like it nearly as much as thoughtfully interconnected worlds. Luigi's Mansion 3 seems like a mix of both though, with floors acting as levels, but you also can find paths back to revisiting floors different ways for new secrets on them.

• @mbun its executed way different than paper mario,its really more mario 64