Forum Charter: Read before posting!

• @tokeeffe9 Yes, tags work SUPER well. I have been using them as well!

• Maybe for tabletop escapades, those need to have individual threads created for the episode and keep the main thread for more general discussion

• @Whoaness said in Forum Charter: Read before posting!:

@tokeeffe9 Yes, I do feel like I would be forced off the forum if there are no good discussions to be had about the game currently coming out.

The Allies were super hyping up I Am Setsuna, so it was surprising no one wanted to discuss it. I could make the thread, but, at this point, we see no one else is going to bother making it either meaning no one wants to discuss about it. So why bother?

There are some good threads here and there, but so many things to filter through to find them. That's why I suggested (in the feedback forum) making it a standard to use Tags to help filter out discussion threads on new games. I'm a worst case scenario kind of person, so I definitely want the community to shape up to be more than a bunch of "what's your favourite something" and "kill your babies". Just putting my 2 cents out there on what I see.

Tags are great. But I would suggest forum games (even if game related like kill your babies) should be in general discussion

This would help elevate discussion in the games forum

• Global Moderator

@Lexad Sorry, I meant to reply to this a while ago.

We'll keep a monitor on how things go, for now we don't want to split things up too much.

• @tokeeffe9 said in Forum Charter: Read before posting!:

@Lexad Sorry, I meant to reply to this a while ago.

We'll keep a monitor on how things go, for now we don't want to split things up too much.

No problem, simply a suggestion on my part.

• Global Moderator

New rule added to the charter - No requesting streams or shows

Description is in the OP

• Twitter harassment it is XD

• "Stay on Topic - As long as everyone in a thread is happy, this shouldn't really be an issue. On rare occasions when a thread has been completely derailed we might try to steer it back on course or lock it up."

what about when discussions have a side topic formed in it, like i just dont feel every post should just be about the OP

• Global Moderator

That's fine, as is stated, as long as everyone is happy, there isn't any issues.

This is more so when a topic is completely derailed.

• Global Moderator

I've added the new poster rule to the charter. Initially a poster will only be able to post every five minutes until they've reached a certain level of reputation (more posts, upvotes).