TIR I've never finished a 2D platformer

• I am 27. I have played games since I can remember, with games like Ratchet & Clank, MGS3 and Tony Hawk's 2 in my all-time favourites. But the one genre of game that has never clicked with me is 2D side-scrolling games, and I have played many over the years including Mickey Mouse in The Castle of Illusion, Rayman and Mario World.

Now I'm not necessarily complaining, not all games are for all people, but I do have the desire to play Shovel Knight because I have heard good things and part of me is intrigued to see the Kratos level.

• I don't know what you are referring to with Kratos level, but I absolutely loved shovel Knight so I guess it is a good place to look into, but there really is no shortage of good 2D platformers you can look into that are timeless.

• @bard91 Each platform had an exclusive level. Battletoads for Xbox and Kratos for Sony.
    Nintendo doesn't have a secret level, instead getting Amiibo support.

• @el-shmiablo that's explains then cause I played it on Switch and this is the first time I ever see that.

• I don't understand if you're asking for 2D Platformer recommendations or just stating facts.

• @mbun okay

• Shovel Knight was actually the first 2D platformer I played in a long time when it released. Like most people who are EZA fans, the Allies influenced me to play it. I saw a stream of Brad playing it and I instantly bought it.

It is one of my favorite games of all time now, which says a lot because my list is pretty definitive based on experiences at the time of playing those games. It is a challenging game at first, but once you understand the best attacks during certain moments, then its such an enjoyable experience. After completing the game (and going for all upgrades) I started playing other 2D platformers. The hype right now is metroidvania and there are tons out their now for you to choose from.

Not sure what you were looking for in this post but I hope my experience helps you!

P.S Personal opinion: Kratos level is cool, but not a good enough reason to get the game just because it requires some play time.

• I would go for Hollow Knight, just because it's one of the best games ever made.

• Makes post, never comes back. Nice